LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 289 users in the forums

ALL TIME SOCCER FANTASY DRAFT Trade and Free Agency Period

• Shifty
  • Veteran
OK so my team is Parma, gotta take at least 1 Parma player right? haha.

I shall take Attacking Midfielder - Ariel Ortega

I was always an Ortega fan even if he was a River player
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:

haha man i used to love Parma, little do people know how many great players played there; Buffon, Cannavaro, Thuram, Hernan Crespo, Hristo Stoichkov, Ortega to name but a few. And my favorite player of all time Enrico Chiesa.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

haha man i used to love Parma, little do people know how many great players played there; Buffon, Cannavaro, Thuram, Hernan Crespo, Hristo Stoichkov, Ortega to name but a few. And my favorite player of all time Enrico Chiesa.

and most of 'em left to bigger clubs before their prime.
there are 2 ways this SIM could be run.

Option A: players created with the real names, real physical descriptions and accurate ratings. However, because I can only create 30 players at a time, I can only have 2 full rosters created at all times. So now after creating the groups, I'll put up say alex's team vs dman's team in Play Now mode twice and put up the stats into ........................................ that ^^^ thread. Then I'll take out alex's team and put in vdsf's team and get those games done as well. So I'm not really simming it thru the tournament mode because I can't have all the rosters in at the same time ...

unless ..

Option B: I take players who are already in the game and modify their ratings to fit the ratings of the players I wanna create. Example: say Riquelme hadn't been picked, I could edit his ratings to fit say Giuseppe Meazza's ratings. However, I can't edit Riquelme's name or how he looks, so we would end up with something like a black Claudio Caniggia whose name in the game would be Lucas Viatri. THE MAJORITY OF PLAYERS would end up being this way, and I don't know if I want to do that. However, if I choose to do it this way then I could sim this whole thing thru the actual tournament mode, and bookings/injuries/etc could be enabled.

Would like your thoughts on this

Option B sounds like less work for you, but you give those players likeness right? Thats no big deal about the likeness IMO. I wouldnt care if Cruyff in the game is purple...just as long as he plays like he can. Its not like we can watch these games play out.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
there are 2 ways this SIM could be run.

Option A: players created with the real names, real physical descriptions and accurate ratings. However, because I can only create 30 players at a time, I can only have 2 full rosters created at all times. So now after creating the groups, I'll put up say alex's team vs dman's team in Play Now mode twice and put up the stats into ........................................ that ^^^ thread. Then I'll take out alex's team and put in vdsf's team and get those games done as well. So I'm not really simming it thru the tournament mode because I can't have all the rosters in at the same time ...

unless ..

Option B: I take players who are already in the game and modify their ratings to fit the ratings of the players I wanna create. Example: say Riquelme hadn't been picked, I could edit his ratings to fit say Giuseppe Meazza's ratings. However, I can't edit Riquelme's name or how he looks, so we would end up with something like a black Claudio Caniggia whose name in the game would be Lucas Viatri. THE MAJORITY OF PLAYERS would end up being this way, and I don't know if I want to do that. However, if I choose to do it this way then I could sim this whole thing thru the actual tournament mode, and bookings/injuries/etc could be enabled.

Would like your thoughts on this

Option B sounds like less work for you, but you give those players likeness right? Thats no big deal about the likeness IMO. I wouldnt care if Cruyff in the game is purple...just as long as he plays like he can. Its not like we can watch these games play out.

Ya but I think the most important thing is to have accurate ratings for each player.
ok well, let's see what everyone else says

dman, go ahead and change the thread title to "trade season is open" or something, since you said you wanted to make FA pickups and trades available.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 1251alex:

True haha Parma didnt have the money. but still, watching Buffon in goals and Cannavarro and Thuram in defense, thats just nasty

True haha Parma didnt have the money. but still, watching Buffon in goals and Cannavarro and Thuram in defense, thats just nasty

im pretty sure you're describing my Juve.

im pretty sure you're describing my Juve.

lol

Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
4-3-3
Romario--Wayne Rooney--Raúl
---Patrick Viera---Frank Lampard--Rui Manuel César Costa
Paulo Maldini----Gary Neville---Nemanja Vidic---Cafu-
Petr Cech

- Frank Lampard Doing Corners and Free Kicks
-Raul Kicking Penalties
-Captain- Paulo Maldini
Reserves:
Samuel Eto'o
Esteban Cambiasso
Landon Donovan
Alexandre Pato
Luca Toni

your team

..........Romario (85) .......... Rooney (84) .......... Raul (83)

............Vieira (82) ............ Lampard (84) ........ Rui Costa (84)

Maldini (87) ....... Neville (82) ....... Vidic (83) ....... Cafu (79)

....................................... Cech (85) .......................................

Subs:

Eto'o (86)
Cambiasso (82)
Donovan (79)
Pato (80)
Toni (82)

*** Note: the ratings I put next to the starters is the rating the player has at said position, while the rating I put next to the subs is their regular overall.
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

Ricardo Zamora

Obdulio Varela------------------------Daniel Passarella

Matthias Sammer------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ruud Krol

Lothar Matthaus

Franck Ribery--------------------------------------------------------------------Paco Gento

Juan Roman Riquelme

Ronaldo--------------------------------Hugo Sanchez

Here's my formation that i posted earlier but I'll probably end up switching some pieces around

Ricardo Zamora

Obdulio Varela------------------------Daniel Passarella

Matthias Sammer------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ruud Krol

Lothar Matthaus

Franck Ribery--------------------------------------------------------------------Paco Gento

Juan Roman Riquelme

Ronaldo--------------------------------Hugo Sanchez

Here's my formation that i posted earlier but I'll probably end up switching some pieces around

all I need is an unofficial starting lineup and then y'all can tell me what changes you wanna make
babyshaq I'm working on your roster, check your pm
I'll finish up this chivas team sometime tonight when I get home, I'm only missing 6 players.

damn he's loaded at forward/striker

Shevchenko 87
Hagi 87
Muller 86
Del Piero 86
Share 49ersWebzone