LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 394 users in the forums

The soccer thread(all leagues except the premier league) 09/10

Ooooh what a goal, beautiful ball from Sneijder, that's why I drafted him!
without Ribery, its so obvious who inter has to defend tightly. fack.
Originally posted by foreign49er:

well his assist was certainly better than this one on one shot.
Originally posted by 1251alex:

Yep. Inter are looking increasingly dangerous on the counter too.

yeah, so far Milito has been the difference. Altintop is no replacement for Ribery, not even close.

haha how did I know you'd point that out ... Aside from that finish, I've been impressed with him today. Usually he's a no-show in big games like this.

haha how did I know you'd point that out ... Aside from that finish, I've been impressed with him today. Usually he's a no-show in big games like this.

honestly, when I saw him moving in unmarked from the center I said why the f**k is milito waiting so long to pass it, then when he finally did a couple seconds later and he still had an amazingly clear shot I thought to myself "f**k, its over."

yeah, so far Milito has been the difference. Altintop is no replacement for Ribery, not even close.

Yeah Milito and Sneijder have been playing very well off each other, Bayern need to figure somethign out to shut down that combination. You're right about Altintop, he's more of an attacking passer than a true winger, it'd be hard to replace Ribery anyway. I'll be interested to see what Van Gaal changes for the second half.

honestly, when I saw him moving in unmarked from the center I said why the f**k is milito waiting so long to pass it, then when he finally did a couple seconds later and he still had an amazingly clear shot I thought to myself "f**k, its over."

I thought so too, couldn't believe he hit it straight at the keeper lol Bayern only down a goal still! They've come back from much worse.

Yeah Milito and Sneijder have been playing very well off each other, Bayern need to figure somethign out to shut down that combination. You're right about Altintop, he's more of an attacking passer than a true winger, it'd be hard to replace Ribery anyway. I'll be interested to see what Van Gaal changes for the second half.

agree with you totally. Man, Robben is having a tough time since hes the only true playmaker for Bayern right now. Van Gaal needs to do something asap. The Bayern defenders have looked kinda slow and disoriented at times too.

agree with you totally. Man, Robben is having a tough time since hes the only true playmaker for Bayern right now. Van Gaal needs to do something asap. The Bayern defenders have looked kinda slow and disoriented at times too.

Yep, they seem to be having some trouble tracking Milito and Sneijder's movement, I wouldn't be surprised to see Van Bommel drop deeper and man-mark Sneijder just to cut off Milito's support from midfield.

As for Robben, man, what can you do? He's a true winger so he can really only do one thing and Inter have been putting 2, even 3 players on him anytime he gets wide. Maybe move Schweinsteiger higher up and put him right behind Olic?

The great thing for Bayern is that they haven't really had any chances and have looked weak at the back, but they're only down 1. The game is still one mistake or one moment of brilliance away from being 1-1.

Ok that took forever to write lol time for the second half!
That's better from Bayern!
damn I thought that was the tie! damn, Bayern looks like theyre out for vengeance!
BUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a save! This game has come alive all of a sudden!
Share 49ersWebzone