There are 44 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bernard Hopkins, Roy Jones Jr. set for rematch

• Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
I'd rather watch a simulated fight between those 2 on Fight Night 2004.

lulz
i think it's going to be a good fight, yeah Roy sucks but he draws a good crowd. BHOP will win but i do think it'll be better than people expect.
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Man has Roy dropped off.... He used to be badass!

He's just old as dirt know. I think moving to heavyweight then back down to fight Tarver took the last bit of athleticism left in his body. He should've retired after that Ruiz fight.

this is a sad fight years later when both guys are just looking for a paycheck. the hatred isn't even there or real between the two anymore. They will just re hype it up for show

So is Bernard, but Bernard still has some fight in him. After seeing Jones get manhandled by Green (loaded gloves or not), I'm convinced there's nothing left.

Very true I think B hop going to prison actually contributed to his longevity. Missing those years of punishment to the body and head kept him fresh for his age at this point. he's definitely in much better shape than Roy is.
This is what pisses me off about boxing. Why the hell did this fight not happen years ago? Same thing with Mayweather Pacquio... It's really difficult to make fights happen. Fights the fans want to see and boxing needs.
Originally posted by sacniner:
This is what pisses me off about boxing. Why the hell did this fight not happen years ago? Same thing with Mayweather Pacquio... It's really difficult to make fights happen. Fights the fans want to see and boxing needs.

Boxing is a structural mess. That's the biggest gripe I have with the sport. Otherwise I love it!
I'm excited for this fight, but not as intrigued as I was for a Mayweather vs. Paul Williams match.