LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 174 users in the forums

Mosley-Mayweather set for ????????

Congratulations Floyd! Another fight against an old guy, what's next Hatton again?

This guy is a joke.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Congratulations Floyd! Another fight against an old guy, what's next Hatton again?

This guy is a joke.
If anyone watched 24/7 then Floyd was right, he was the teacher and Mosley was the student.
That is one of the most boring fight I've seen in a while. We all knew Mayweather is gonna win the fight even before it got started. Mosley is an old 38 yr. old boxer and it showed after rd. 2. I fell asleep after the 6th rd. At least I saw Mayweather gets clocked on the 2nd. Its a good thing I didn't pay 65 bucks to watch it on TV. You can tell on Mosleys face that he just wants to get paid. Pac vs. Mayweather needs to happened. Their on the league of their own. Any fight they face will be a boring fight unless they fight each other.
Great fight $$$ Mayweather.....let the haters hate...the fact is he's one of the best pund for pund fighters of all time....on to the next one!!!....LOL
Pund for pund?
I have to admit, this match was a little suspect overall with Mosely killing in the first two rounds, and then with Mayweather stumbling around, Mosely stops throwing anything in the third and let Mayweather get his feet back and got schooled the rest of the fight (won 50 bucks b/c I had Mayweather in a decision )

Now, I could be a blinded Pacman fan and just b***h about how this fight was lame and it was fixed and Mayweather should quit b***hin and just fight Pacman. But, I don't necessarily agree with that statement.

First, I think Mosely just flat out sucked it up doing his "shiatzu massage" style that tired him out, granted I think Mayweather was actually distracted the first two rounds by it, leading to getting clocked, but Mosely didn't seem to have any power behind it. Mosely did lose and didn't take a dive, he just tried too hard and changed his fighting style too much to succeed.

Second, I f**king LOVED the announcer who interviewed Mayweather after the fight, basically calling him out to fight Pacman and hope the fight gets put into motion. The Boxing commission, not pacman or mayweather, should just switch to the olympic style testing so it's not even an option to discuss.

On a side note, Mayweather's claims for Pacman on PEDs is preposterous and lacking in any evidence. As a scientist, I can tell you there's no way a person can clean PEDs out of their system in a month, let alone a week. HGH is the hardest to detect, but new testing has shown to be successful in detecting it. Also, Manny hasn't even had an "inconclusive" result (the only way to hide a PED positive would be to mask it with another drug that would throw off the test and make it inconclusive, but that would raise flags and further testing), he's passed clean on every test he's ever taken. Mayweather just wants to feel superior by making his opponents submit to whatever he wants, and Pacman won't do it.

Overall, Mayweather deserves adoration for fighting Mosely and schooling him like a 10 year old getting beat for swearing at his daddy. He clearly shows he's still a great fighter and is in the top tier of fighters with Manny in the Welterweights.

If and when Mayweather and Pacman fight, don't expect Mayweather to fight the same style he did vs Mosely b/c he knows Pacman is just as fast as him and will get caught if he exposes his face. I wouldn't put it past Mayweather to beat Manny, but I also think Mayweather has never fought an opponent as good as him, and Manny is that good, if not better.

So congrats to Mayweather and let's hope the fight of the century finally comes to fruition and everyone can be happy!
You can say the same thing about Manny, he's never fought someone as good as Mayweather. Last time he fought someone who can slip punches, you can argue that he lost (Marquez)

Mayweather is levels above Marquez in skill, speed, defense, size

Oscar, Hatton, Cotto and Clottey like to stand and trade... OK, maybe not Clottey, he just likes to stand... but Mayweather's not gonna do that, that's not his style... although he did show that he can bring the fight forward like he did against Mosley... but that was just a thing of beauty... he was never in a bad position and he beat Mosley to the punch. It was more offense than we're used to seeing from Mayweather, but it was all calculated, he neutralized everything Mosley did.

I give Manny a puncher's chance... but honestly, I think Mayweather is just too skilled and too smart. Once he figures Manny out, we're gonna see a very frustrated Manny.

I think Manny's improved over the years, no doubt. But every big win of his career has been over guys that like to stand and trade... he's never really faced someone that can stick and move (besides Marquez), he just overwhelms his opponents into submission... there are A LOT of holes in his defense, and there's no doubt in my mind that Mayweather will expose 'em and ride 'em to a decision or maybe a late stoppage
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
You can say the same thing about Manny, he's never fought someone as good as Mayweather. Last time he fought someone who can slip punches, you can argue that he lost (Marquez)

Mayweather is levels above Marquez in skill, speed, defense, size

Oscar, Hatton, Cotto and Clottey like to stand and trade... OK, maybe not Clottey, he just likes to stand... but Mayweather's not gonna do that, that's not his style... although he did show that he can bring the fight forward like he did against Mosley... but that was just a thing of beauty... he was never in a bad position and he beat Mosley to the punch. It was more offense than we're used to seeing from Mayweather, but it was all calculated, he neutralized everything Mosley did.

I give Manny a puncher's chance... but honestly, I think Mayweather is just too skilled and too smart. Once he figures Manny out, we're gonna see a very frustrated Manny.

I think Manny's improved over the years, no doubt. But every big win of his career has been over guys that like to stand and trade... he's never really faced someone that can stick and move (besides Marquez), he just overwhelms his opponents into submission... there are A LOT of holes in his defense, and there's no doubt in my mind that Mayweather will expose 'em and ride 'em to a decision or maybe a late stoppage

I dislike both Pac and Money, I hope it's a double KO
IMO Both Fighters are in an Era where there isn't many GREAT fighters. Plenty of good 1's but none are GREAT.

GOT DAMMIT!

All this did was confuse me on who will win ? Pac or PBF?

PBF WAS knocked out for a millisecond in the 2nd round.

Shane didn't capitalize because teh loser gets 5 mill.
Mosley just really showed his age after the 2nd round. 461 day layoff sure as hell didn't help. You could easily say that he did much much less in this fight than he did during the Margarito fight but was 3x more gassed. For what reason? Conditioning? Age? Combination of both?

Landing those big shots sure as hell didn't help. It gave Shane false confidence to load up those sledgehammer shots all for not. He tired quickly and each counter-shot that Floyd landed from round 3 on seemed to take more and more away from Shane.

Just as I've said before, Floyd is the taller, longer, bigger fighter and it wouldn't surprise me if he won a UD against Manny. Manny, albeit much improved struggled previously against Morales (I) and both Marquez fights and neither contain even the slightest bit of athleticism that Floyd has. I've got to disagree with you Silk, I see no way in hell Floyd stops Manny. I can easily see Manny getting caught with the perfect counter while being off-balance and putting Manny on his ass, but I just completely don't see Manny being stopped.

Floyd again, with newly released odds is the odds on favorite to win the fight if they were to get it on and I have to still agree. Freddie has to put together the ultimate gameplan that Manny has to follow to the tee. Manny has to land the perfect punch to wobble Floyd. He has to try and smother Floyd and not just stand in front of him. We all know Manny won't be scared to get hit. The question will be, is the one or two clean shots he'll land be enough when he's getting hit with maybe three or four shots in return? If he plans on winning on points, he'll have to outwork Floyd and hit elbows, hit shoulders, hit the body, something Shane definitely was not looking to do.
That's fine if you disagree, philthy. I think a Mayweather UD is the most likely outcome... but the thing is, once Mayweather figures out a fighter, he pretty much coasts to a decision. But with Manny, that' a risky thing to do. I think if he really wanted to, Mayweather could have put Shane and Marquez to sleep, or with Shane at least maybe make the ref stop the fight. It's like he holds himself back though, he's not interested in a KO.

Unless he's got him fully figured out to the point where Manny can't land one glove on him, I don't think Mayweather will wanna go the full 12 with Manny. I could see him step his game up to try and end the fight early.

It's all speculation of course, seeing how Manny has never been in there with a fighter like Mayweather, it's hard to imagine how it all plays out. For all we know, Manny may have the perfect antidote. We're just gonna have to wait and see...
Pac better fight Mayweather

See... Mosley's jab is nonexistant. Without a jab, all that power don't mean ish against PBF if you can't use it. Besides the 2nd round, he never stood a chance. I don't think he was gassed at all, dude's a gym rat. I think even I could take Mosley's jab no problem
Share 49ersWebzone