Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NBA Trades & Rumors

Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by crzy:
LOL, did i just read that crzy would rather have Wall, and Turner instead of Bynum, because getting Bynum wont lead to championships?

Yes. John Wall and Evan Turner will both be better players.

If i wanna build a championship contender, id rather have Bynum instead of those 2 guys. Guys at their position come along every year, good centers dont.

If I want to build a championship contender, I'll take the better player, kthx

I'll take BPA, and my team will be better than yours.

The same logic you're using led to Portland drafting Greg Oden over Kevin Durant, because centers are "rare" lol.

WTF are you talking about. Im talking about trading Bynum for the number 1 pick.

Im not saying draft Cole Aldrich over Wall or Turner cuz centers are "rare".

Bynum has established himself as one of the better centers in the league today, and he is only gonna get better. Id rather have him as a proven NBA player than hoping the number 1 pick becomes a great player

Portland was stupid for drafting Oden over Durant btw

I agree with everything you said here and that was my point. I believe that if Bynum was coming out right now in the draft there is ZERO chance that any NBA team would take Turner over him. Zero, none, zip, nada. As far as Wall goes I think it would be split depending on the personnel the team had. I think the Warriors would absolutley take Bynum given the fact that they already have 2 guys the same size that play the same position and are desparate for big men.

Another thing... who really besides Crzy thinks that Turner would be BPA over Bynum. Sure, you take the BPA when its Durant over Oden. When its equal, it always makes sense to take the C.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
We'll just agree to disagree.

I'm pretty confident in my stance because I view Turner as a better prospect than Tyreke and Brandon Roy were entering the draft.

And I think Bynum has started to become overhyped because he plays for the Lakers. I don't see him having the same success that he is now (as the #3 option) as the #1 option on a team.
[ Edited by crzy on Jan 28, 2010 at 1:10 PM ]

I'm pretty confident in my stance because I view Turner as a better prospect than Tyreke and Brandon Roy were entering the draft.

And I think Bynum has started to become overhyped because he plays for the Lakers. I don't see him having the same success that he is now (as the #3 option) as the #1 option on a team.

I've been saying this for years....
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:

I've been saying this for years....

For years? You mean you have been saying this about Andrew since he was 18 and the youngest player to ever play in an NBA game. WOW. Or was in those years when he was off to great starts but went down to fluke injuries?

His ability is obvious. The fact is... he is still 22 years old, has missed a lot of time because of injuries, and will never be allowed to be the #1 option as long as Kobe is there. Anyway, who says he has to be the #1 option anyway? I would take a dominant center anytime even if the #1 option comes from elsewhere. Bill Russell was pretty damned good yet he was never the #1 option on any Celtic team he played on.
Iggy to H-Town
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Iggy to H-Town

its a done deal ?
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
Chris Bosh for Andrew Bynum
LAKERS REPEAT

Wow. Seriously? I love Bosh's game but I just dont see how you trade Bynum. Can the Warriors give you the #1 pick in the draft for Bynum if we get it????? Centers with his talent and youth are just impossible to find anymore.

No way.

Wow. Again we differ. I would make that deal in a heartbeat. I just dont want to go another 10 years of undersized, and non talented centers. Bynum is still only 22 years old!

Bynum C
Randolph PF
Ellis SG
Curry PG

That would be an amazing and young group to build around. Just add another talented wing player and you have playoff contender year in and year out. Not that it will ever happen.

Bynum is slightly above average. He still looks lost to many games, and doesnt rebound like a 7 footer should. The sky is ceiling on this kid, but will he be motivated to reach for it...is another question.

He'd be a 23/10 player as a #1 or #2 option.

And SoCal, Bosh is NOT a defensive presence. He's AWFUL on the defensive end.

I agree about the 23/10 I would trade Gasol for a PG if I was Mitch, Gasol is looking wore out, and Bynum plays better without him.

It'd have to be a Top 5 PG for me to want to trade Gasol.

I don't mean to speak for John, but I think was he was referring to was how valuable of "rare" talent is. For example, John Wall is freaking AMAZING...but how many excellent young PGs are there out there? Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Derrick Rose, Rajon Rondo, Russell Westbrook, Tyreke Evans, Stephen Curry, Aaron Brooks, and maybe Jonny Flynn?

Compare that to the center position. Aside from D12, Bynum, Brook Lopez, and Greg Oden's penis...there aren't a lot of legit 7 footers that are 25 or under. The Lakers are fortunate enough to have two legit 7 footers on their team, and I don't think you break that up unless the little guy you're getting is incredible.

Any reason you put Brooks second to last on that list?

AB in coming into his own this year
Iggy to H-Town

its a done deal ?

No lol its what I want to happen there talking again sorry
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Iggy to H-Town

It's not confirmed