NBA Trades & Rumors

Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
Chris Bosh for Andrew Bynum
LAKERS REPEAT

Wow. Seriously? I love Bosh's game but I just dont see how you trade Bynum. Can the Warriors give you the #1 pick in the draft for Bynum if we get it????? Centers with his talent and youth are just impossible to find anymore.

No way.

Wow. Again we differ. I would make that deal in a heartbeat. I just dont want to go another 10 years of undersized, and non talented centers. Bynum is still only 22 years old!

Bynum C
Randolph PF
Ellis SG
Curry PG

That would be an amazing and young group to build around. Just add another talented wing player and you have playoff contender year in and year out. Not that it will ever happen.

Bynum is slightly above average. He still looks lost to many games, and doesnt rebound like a 7 footer should. The sky is ceiling on this kid, but will he be motivated to reach for it...is another question.

He'd be a 23/10 player as a #1 or #2 option.

And SoCal, Bosh is NOT a defensive presence. He's AWFUL on the defensive end.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
LAKERS REPEAT

Wow. Seriously? I love Bosh's game but I just dont see how you trade Bynum. Can the Warriors give you the #1 pick in the draft for Bynum if we get it????? Centers with his talent and youth are just impossible to find anymore.

No way.

Wow. Again we differ. I would make that deal in a heartbeat. I just dont want to go another 10 years of undersized, and non talented centers. Bynum is still only 22 years old!

Bynum C
Randolph PF
Ellis SG
Curry PG

That would be an amazing and young group to build around. Just add another talented wing player and you have playoff contender year in and year out. Not that it will ever happen.

Bynum is slightly above average. He still looks lost to many games, and doesnt rebound like a 7 footer should. The sky is ceiling on this kid, but will he be motivated to reach for it...is another question.

I agree about the 23/10 I would trade Gasol for a PG if I was Mitch, Gasol is looking wore out, and Bynum plays better without him.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
I would love to get Amare. However for all those interested Bulls looking to trade Hinrich or Salmons for an expiring contract.

Both are solid pieces for a playoff team, but Salmons is a lot friendlier on the cap.

As for Martin, we've known in Sac that he's not a #1 for a few years, and now with Evans, it's obvious to all. But I still think he can be a complementary piece if he can adjust to that role. Very efficient scorer and above average shooter.

Very curious to see what Houston does with T-Mac.
LAKERS REPEAT

No way.

Bynum C
Randolph PF
Ellis SG
Curry PG

I agree about the 23/10 I would trade Gasol for a PG if I was Mitch, Gasol is looking wore out, and Bynum plays better without him.

It'd have to be a Top 5 PG for me to want to trade Gasol.

I don't mean to speak for John, but I think was he was referring to was how valuable of "rare" talent is. For example, John Wall is freaking AMAZING...but how many excellent young PGs are there out there? Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Derrick Rose, Rajon Rondo, Russell Westbrook, Tyreke Evans, Stephen Curry, Aaron Brooks, and maybe Jonny Flynn?

Compare that to the center position. Aside from D12, Bynum, Brook Lopez, and Greg Oden's penis...there aren't a lot of legit 7 footers that are 25 or under. The Lakers are fortunate enough to have two legit 7 footers on their team, and I don't think you break that up unless the little guy you're getting is incredible.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
I would love to get Amare. However for all those interested Bulls looking to trade Hinrich or Salmons for an expiring contract.

Both are solid pieces for a playoff team, but Salmons is a lot friendlier on the cap.

As for Martin, we've known in Sac that he's not a #1 for a few years, and now with Evans, it's obvious to all. But I still think he can be a complementary piece if he can adjust to that role. Very efficient scorer and above average shooter.

But do you want to pay a complimentary player $36M over the next 3 years?
LAKERS REPEAT

No way.

Bynum C
Randolph PF
Ellis SG
Curry PG

I don't mean to speak for John, but I think was he was referring to was how valuable of "rare" talent is. For example, John Wall is freaking AMAZING...but how many excellent young PGs are there out there? Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Derrick Rose, Rajon Rondo, Russell Westbrook, Tyreke Evans, Stephen Curry, Aaron Brooks, and maybe Jonny Flynn?

Compare that to the center position. Aside from D12, Bynum, Brook Lopez, and Greg Oden's penis...there aren't a lot of legit 7 footers that are 25 or under. The Lakers are fortunate enough to have two legit 7 footers on their team, and I don't think you break that up unless the little guy you're getting is incredible.

You can speak for me on this one Pete. That is exactly how I feel. Its almost impossible these days to find a talented and young center that is a true presence on both ends of the court. John Wall will be a great pro but for the Warriors and what they already have Bynum would make a much bigger impact.
K lets make a deal, I need a SG, you can have the rights to ricky rubio. Make me an offer
Wait.. I want to make a deal too. Our #1 pick in this years draft and Brandon Wright for Andrew Bynum. If the pick isnt a top 4 pick then we will give up our #1 pick next year as well. Pete.. deal?
LAKERS REPEAT

No way.

Bynum C
Randolph PF
Ellis SG
Curry PG

Any reason you put Brooks second to last on that list?
LAKERS REPEAT

No way.

Bynum C
Randolph PF
Ellis SG
Curry PG

Or why Robin was left off?

Originally posted by SacRock14:

But do you want to pay a complimentary player $36M over the next 3 years?

Looking at some of the contracts out there and trying to estimate the Kings chances of signing big name FA's, I'm OK with it. I want to think Sac is becoming more attractive, but we don't have a shot at the big names this summer. Assuming Martin gets his act together on the court, he can help us.

If Martin can yield a good player in return, I'd be open to deal. But I don't want a salary dump. We dumped Bibby (and Webber before) with no return, and we still weren't serious players in the FA market.
Wait.. I want to make a deal too. Our #1 pick in this years draft and Brandon Wright for Andrew Bynum. If the pick isnt a top 4 pick then we will give up our #1 pick next year as well. Pete.. deal?

Haha. I'd only do it for Wall.
LAKERS REPEAT

No way.

Bynum C
Randolph PF
Ellis SG
Curry PG

what about for ricky rubio and you give me bynum, i will then make al jefferson avaialble for a sg
Originally posted by valrod33:

what about for ricky rubio and you give me bynum, i will then make al jefferson avaialble for a sg

That's a tough one, but I'd say no. I REALLY like Rubio, but his best asset (being a superb distributor as a pure PG) isn't how the triangle offense is built. We're obviously in "win now" mode, and I don't think Rubio helps us do that in the triangle offense.
Share 49ersWebzone