LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

PAC-10 without Pete Carroll

Originally posted by VDSF:
Originally posted by zero:
Now what?

Its been moving away from the PAC-1 label for a couple of years now and now that USC won't have the allure and star power that Pete brought the program USC won't or atleast shouldn't terrorize the PAC-10 anymore. I'm one of the biggest SEC honks on this board so this has little to no impact on my life unless USC want's to hire Les Miles (TAKE HIM) but this will change the overall college football landscape if and when he goes.

Who gives a crap, usc is gonna suck again and my beloved fighting irish are coming back tot he glory days

Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by VDSF:
Originally posted by zero:
Now what?

Its been moving away from the PAC-1 label for a couple of years now and now that USC won't have the allure and star power that Pete brought the program USC won't or atleast shouldn't terrorize the PAC-10 anymore. I'm one of the biggest SEC honks on this board so this has little to no impact on my life unless USC want's to hire Les Miles (TAKE HIM) but this will change the overall college football landscape if and when he goes.

Who gives a crap, usc is gonna suck again and my beloved fighting irish are coming back tot he glory days

This X3
Originally posted by crzy:
Jim Harbaugh will rule the Pac-10.

Harbaugh rules the PAC 10 for now. But Oregon is always good. And UCLA is up and coming IMO.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Too bad Stanford has academic requirements to getting in. Otherwise, Harbaugh would dominate the conference.
Do we think that the recruiting in the PAC10 may now be a little more evenly spread, or are USC still going to get all the 5Star recruits?

How will Boise State's season impact the PAC10 recruitment wise too?
  • PEENUT909
  • Info N/A
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
People turning down this job lefty and right, but here's an interesting name: Mooch. It's been tossed around and he actually makes a lot of sense, very similar to Carroll.
Originally posted by TX9R:
People turning down this job lefty and right, but here's an interesting name: Mooch. It's been tossed around and he actually makes a lot of sense, very similar to Carroll.

ahh man i would love to have Mooch!

but as far as recruiting goes i think it would be a little more spread out IMO. As a USC fan i just don't know how all this is going to play out.
Did Del Rio turn the job down?
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Did Del Rio turn the job down?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4819513

No one but Del Rio has been offered the job, and he has turned it down because he would make more money at Jacksonville. I don't know where you get the turning down right and left thing.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:

No one but Del Rio has been offered the job, and he has turned it down because he would make more money at Jacksonville. I don't know where you get the turning down right and left thing.

Various reports of Sarkisian, Riley, among others. Coming out saying not interested is equal to turning down, in a sense. People are obviously scared off by the possible sanctions coming down. Mooch makes the most sense because he isn't getting any other offers and has no career trajectory to worry about.

Various reports of Sarkisian, Riley, among others. Coming out saying not interested is equal to turning down, in a sense. People are obviously scared off by the possible sanctions coming down. Mooch makes the most sense because he isn't getting any other offers and has no career trajectory to worry about.

cant turn down what they werent offered
Originally posted by valrod33:

Them sound like fighting words
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Originally posted by valrod33:

Them sound like fighting words

Share 49ersWebzone