There are 135 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

PAC-10 without Pete Carroll

Originally posted by crzy:
Jim Harbaugh will rule the Pac-10.

Not if Tom Cable gets fired. He will be the number one target for Uncle Al and they have a mutual admiration for one another that is no secret.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,284
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by crzy:
Jim Harbaugh will rule the Pac-10.

Not if Tom Cable gets fired. He will be the number one target for Uncle Al and they have a mutual admiration for one another that is no secret.

Harbaugh isn't stupid enough to go the Raiders lol

He'll hold out for a real NFL job
MY BRUINS WILL SLOWLY RISE TO THE TOP OF THE PAC 10 FOOTBALL RANKINGS!

Next year we'll prove doubters wrong...and in two seasons, with some solid recruits, we will be atop the Pac 10...

YOU HEARD IT FROM ME FIRST!

VIVA LA REVOLUCION EN PAC 10!

GAH GAH GAH GAH GAH GAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by crzy:
Jim Harbaugh will rule the Pac-10.

Not if Tom Cable gets fired. He will be the number one target for Uncle Al and they have a mutual admiration for one another that is no secret.

Harbaugh isn't stupid enough to go the Raiders lol

He'll hold out for a real NFL job

Oh but he is. He drinks the Raiders kool-aid and has since Davis gave him his first job in the NFL. Just watch if Cable gets fired
Supposedly Carroll has agreed to a 5yr/$35M deal with the Seahawks that includes Team President/GM duties.

linkage

-9fA
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by zero:
Originally posted by TX9R:
He hasn't gone anywhere yet, but you'd have to think this would actually make the conference better. The recruits may actually get spread out over the conference.

Thats why I covered my ass with the whole 'if and when" comment..lol

Anyway, say he does leave for Seattle, USC has deep pockets and an allure that most places can't match. Whose to say they don't open the checkbook and pay Saban/Meyer 7 million a year?

Those coaches are more concerned with winning than the "allure" of Hollywood. No decent coach would leave the SEC for that. They'll have to scramble that's for sure this late in the game.

Doubtful any of SEC HC's leave IMO as well. They will likely turn to other big name college coaches and up and comers (ie Bob Stoops, Will Muschamp, Chris Peterson, Mike Leach, Mike Riley, Steve Sarkisian) as well as a few NFL names (Jon Gruden, Jeff Fisher).

I don't know about the others, but I don't think Sark is leaving UW. Especially since Locker is coming back.

Quote:
Sarkisian said UW fans don't have to worry that any trickle-down from anything that might happen with Carroll would result in Sarkisian leaving the Huskies.

"I love my job,'' he said. "People don't understand it, but this is my dream job.''

link
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 17,211
Originally posted by TheNaitch:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by zero:
Originally posted by TX9R:
He hasn't gone anywhere yet, but you'd have to think this would actually make the conference better. The recruits may actually get spread out over the conference.

Thats why I covered my ass with the whole 'if and when" comment..lol

Anyway, say he does leave for Seattle, USC has deep pockets and an allure that most places can't match. Whose to say they don't open the checkbook and pay Saban/Meyer 7 million a year?

Those coaches are more concerned with winning than the "allure" of Hollywood. No decent coach would leave the SEC for that. They'll have to scramble that's for sure this late in the game.

Doubtful any of SEC HC's leave IMO as well. They will likely turn to other big name college coaches and up and comers (ie Bob Stoops, Will Muschamp, Chris Peterson, Mike Leach, Mike Riley, Steve Sarkisian) as well as a few NFL names (Jon Gruden, Jeff Fisher).

I don't know about the others, but I don't think Sark is leaving UW. Especially since Locker is coming back.

Quote:
Sarkisian said UW fans don't have to worry that any trickle-down from anything that might happen with Carroll would result in Sarkisian leaving the Huskies.

"I love my job,'' he said. "People don't understand it, but this is my dream job.''

link

If Sark goes back, he'll always be under the shadow of Carroll.

Good move if he stays.
Originally posted by GameOver:
MY BRUINS WILL SLOWLY RISE TO THE TOP OF THE PAC 10 FOOTBALL RANKINGS!

Next year we'll prove doubters wrong...and in two seasons, with some solid recruits, we will be atop the Pac 10...

YOU HEARD IT FROM ME FIRST!

VIVA LA REVOLUCION EN PAC 10!

GAH GAH GAH GAH GAH GAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

It definitely will not help the conference. This past season the Pac 10 was the only BCS conference without a team finishing in the top 10(Oregon was 11th after the rose bowl loss).

Oregon should be good next year with most of their starters returning. Arizona has potential but Mike Stoops is a terrible coach. I don't see USC returning to top of the conference with a new coach and coaching staff.
  • BigRon
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,778
It will be nice to see USC fall flat on its face for a little while. Unfortunately they won't be last for long, there is always CAL to to count on for failure.
Cal is still going to choke as per usual, so it makes no difference in that department. Where this really is going to hurt is the respectability for the Pac 10.
  • BigRon
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,778
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Cal is still going to choke as per usual, so it makes no difference in that department. Where this really is going to hurt is the respectability for the Pac 10.

Hard to have respectability for a conference that is barely better than the WAC. For the Pac10 to have respect, the teams really need to step up. The Pac10 isn't the SEC and it has been a long time since they were a premier conference. The Pac10 has had A premier team but not teams.
cal will find a way to choke
USC's recruits are still there right?

If so, who cares?
Originally posted by jrg:
USC's recruits are still there right?

If so, who cares?

NCAA sanctions will likely limit coaching prospects. Nobody wants to jump into that drama.

Coaching the Seahawks isn't exactly a sweet gig. I'm certain that an investigation is the only reason Pete is leaving.

Either way, it's not great for the PAC-1. Until I'm convinced that the NCAA won't lay the smack down on usc, I will now refer to the conference as the PAC-0.