There are 167 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

PAC-10 without Pete Carroll

• zero
  • Veteran
Now what?

Its been moving away from the PAC-1 label for a couple of years now and now that USC won't have the allure and star power that Pete brought the program USC won't or atleast shouldn't terrorize the PAC-10 anymore. I'm one of the biggest SEC honks on this board so this has little to no impact on my life unless USC want's to hire Les Miles (TAKE HIM) but this will change the overall college football landscape if and when he goes.

• TX9R
  • Veteran
He hasn't gone anywhere yet, but you'd have to think this would actually make the conference better. The recruits may actually get spread out over the conference.
  • zero
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TX9R:
He hasn't gone anywhere yet, but you'd have to think this would actually make the conference better. The recruits may actually get spread out over the conference.

Thats why I covered my ass with the whole 'if and when" comment..lol

Anyway, say he does leave for Seattle, USC has deep pockets and an allure that most places can't match. Whose to say they don't open the checkbook and pay Saban/Meyer 7 million a year?
One thing's for certain: I'll have a new reason to hate the Seahawks.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zero:

Anyway, say he does leave for Seattle, USC has deep pockets and an allure that most places can't match. Whose to say they don't open the checkbook and pay Saban/Meyer 7 million a year?

Those coaches are more concerned with winning than the "allure" of Hollywood. No decent coach would leave the SEC for that. They'll have to scramble that's for sure this late in the game.
Judging by this year, USC is no longer as dominant as they were. Yes they will still compete for the Rose Bowl every year but I wouldn't put them in the categories or Alabama, Florida, & Texas
  • Riot
  • Veteran
Why would Carroll leave? USC had a down year but they've still got at least two years with Matt Barkley, Jesse Scroggins coming in this year, and a lot of other quality recruits as well. In a couple of years they could be competing for another national title.

He's got it made at USC. Why give that up?
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Riot:
Why would Carroll leave? USC had a down year but they've still got at least two years with Matt Barkley, Jesse Scroggins coming in this year, and a lot of other quality recruits as well. In a couple of years they could be competing for another national title.

The only thing that makes sense is he knows sanctions and penalties are coming for all the shadiness that's happened on his watch.
That and he probably can see Matt Barkley actually sucks.
  • Riot
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Riot:

The only thing that makes sense is he knows sanctions and penalties are coming for all the shadiness that's happened on his watch.
That and he probably can see Matt Barkley actually sucks.

Hahaha, your homerism knows no bounds.
The new king of the PAC-10:

joe mcknight, pete carroll OUT, ncaa investigators IN
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by zero:

Those coaches are more concerned with winning than the "allure" of Hollywood. No decent coach would leave the SEC for that. They'll have to scramble that's for sure this late in the game.

Doubtful any of SEC HC's leave IMO as well. They will likely turn to other big name college coaches and up and comers (ie Bob Stoops, Will Muschamp, Chris Peterson, Mike Leach, Mike Riley, Steve Sarkisian) as well as a few NFL names (Jon Gruden, Jeff Fisher).
Why leave the SEC? Football crazy land plus unbalanced schedule = best chance to win BCS.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Jim Harbaugh will rule the Pac-10.
Originally posted by crzy:
Jim Harbaugh will rule the Pac-10.

until he leaves next year.