There are 165 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

ESPN to launch 3D Channel

• SLICK
  • Veteran
Sports broadcasting will enter a new dimension in 2010 ... the third dimension, as ESPN will unveil the industry's first 3-D network.

ESPN 3D will showcase a minimum of 85 live sporting events during its first year, beginning June 11 with the first 2010 FIFA World Cup match, featuring South Africa vs. Mexico, ESPN and ABC Sports president George Bodenheimer announced.

Other events to be produced in 3-D include the 2011 BCS National Championship Game, college basketball and football contests, up to 25 World Cup matches and the Summer X Games. Additional events will be announced at a later date.

"ESPN's commitment to 3-D is a win for fans and our business partners," Bodenheimer said in a statement. "ESPN 3D marries great content with new technology to enhance the fan's viewing experience and puts ESPN at the forefront of the next big advance for TV viewing."

ESPN has been testing ESPN 3D for more than two years, even showing a USC-Ohio State college football game in select theaters and to 6,000 fans at the Galen Center on USC's campus.

"This is a turning point for 3-D," Consumer Electronics Association CEO Gary Shapiro told USA Today.
NICE
  • SLICK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
NICE

My friend got prices for 3D Tvs. $2100 for a 42', and $3000 for a 70' at Best Buy.
Originally posted by SLICK:
NICE

My friend got prices for 3D Tvs. $2100 for a 42', and $3000 for a 70' at Best Buy.

thats a good price for a 70'
  • SLICK
  • Veteran
NICE

Not bad. Problem is that unless the show is programmed in 2460, it'll only come up in 1080. I'm sure its going to take awhile before providers can get to 2460. DirecTV will probably be first.
NICE

Not bad. Problem is that unless the show is programmed in 2460, it'll only come up in 1080. I'm sure its going to take awhile before providers can get to 2460. DirecTV will probably be first.

thats true and it will probably only be a few channels at first, might be best to hold off until more channels become available and like you said are able to play it in 2460
WOW

The World Cup in 3D................NICE
i have no idea what that would look like
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Would you have to wear glasses every time you watched TV?
Originally posted by crzy:

yes you need to wear the glasses
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ima49erfan15:

Sounds stupid
  • GEEK
  • Veteran

Sounds stupid
  • Money
Originally posted by GEEK:

Sounds stupid

NICE

no... no...no they didn't
NICE

But where would one put a 70' tv? In a stadium?