There are 239 users in the forums

2010 BCS NCG - Texas vs Alabama

• TX9R
  • Veteran
Who ya got? Of course I'm picking Texas and here's why:
Bama is built to run and stop the run, UT doesn't try to run and stops the run better than anyone. Bama has not faced a passing offense this good, Cody is more a guy who you just can't move, but he's no pass rusher, his effect is over played. No one seems to be talking about the QB experience factor, McCoy has played in and won 3 bowl games, McElroy has not and the last time the rest of the team played a bowl they got smoked. Much like the Saints when they blew out NE, I think Bama put so much in to beating FLA they will have a let down the next game and be a little overconfident. Also been little mention that both Muschamp and Applewhite previously coached under Saban and should know him better than most. Anyway

Texas 27-17
Originally posted by TX9R:
Bama is built to run and stop the run, UT doesn't try to run and stops the run better than anyone. Bama has not faced a passing offense this good, Cody is more a guy who you just can't move, but he's no pass rusher, his effect is over played. No one seems to be talking about the QB experience factor, McCoy has played in and won 3 bowl games, McElroy has not and the last time the rest of the team played a bowl they got smoked. Much like the Saints when they blew out NE, I think Bama put so much in to beating FLA they will have a let down the next game and be a little overconfident. Also been little mention that both Muschamp and Applewhite previously coached under Saban and should know him better than most. Anyway

Texas 27-17

Almost no mention of that, which is kind of significant. Of course, I agree with you.

Texas 17-10.
Texas has played a super soft schedule and has struggled vs good defensive teams (IE: Nebraska & Oklahoma).
They should have lost to Nebraska if not for a replay that put 1 second back on the clock.
Alabama is the more complete team.
McCoy has looked off this year.
Give me Bama 27-13.
Originally posted by dobophile:
It bears repeating: it's all about matchups. Florida scared me more than Alabama.

Speaking of match-ups.
Saban>Brown

Texas 27-17

John Parker Wilson was the QB last time this team played in a bowl game.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
It bears repeating: it's all about matchups. Florida scared me more than Alabama.

Speaking of match-ups.
Saban>Brown

Mack Brown 1-0 vs. Saban

Also 1-0 vs. Pete Carroll
4-0 vs. Les Miles
2-1 vs. Jim Tressel

All national championship coaches. Personally I wanted to play Florida so Texas could claim a victory off every BCS champ. Mack has never been blown out the way Alabama was last year in a bowl game.

Speaking of match-ups.
Saban>Brown

Mack Brown 1-0 vs. Saban

4-0 vs. Les Miles
2-1 vs. Jim Tressel

All national championship coaches. Personally I wanted to play Florida so Texas could claim a victory off every BCS champ. Mack has never been blown out the way Alabama was last year in a bowl game.

Les Miles and Tressel are extremely overrated.

Speaking of match-ups.
Saban>Brown

Mack Brown 1-0 vs. Saban

4-0 vs. Les Miles
2-1 vs. Jim Tressel

Les Miles and Tressel are extremely overrated.

1-0 against Saban.
Remind me, what positions do Saban and Brown play?

As far as I'm concerned, both coaching staffs are highly professional. Could there be a coaching snafu that affects the outcome? Sure, there could be. But this game will mostly be decided by the matchups on the field.

Saban plays the douche.
'Bama 37-10

'Bama 24-17.

I'm going for Texas though.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
One more day! I hope this isn't the snooze-fest most of the bowls have been this season. Funny that Bowling Green/ Idaho was far and away the best game.
I can't stand Mack Brown!!!!

/Cal Bears fan speaking
the only 2 things that make me think Texas is the record Heisman winners have in bowl games and the fact that Texas barely beat Nebraska. Which MIGHT make them more focused for this game. Alabama is a better overall team and if they run the ball effectively should win by 10 points or more. But if Texas can run the ball they have a shot..they couldnt run against Nebraska.

All that said. I am taking Alabama 23-17.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Im rooting for Bama but I think Texas wins. Their defense is underrated and Im not sold on Bama's QB.

Texas - 24

Bama - 20
Share 49ersWebzone