There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mark Ingram Named 2009 Heisman Trophy Winner

not surprising. he wasn't necessarily undeserving, but there were better candidates, IMO.
Who was the last defensive to win the Heisman?
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Who was the last defensive to win the Heisman?

charles woodson. If based on performance, it should have been suh. He dominated every game he played.
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Who was the last defensive to win the Heisman?

charles woodson is the ONLY defensive player to win the Heisman.
good for him!
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:


  • BigRon
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,778
870 voters and only 28 points separated Gerhart and Ingram. I can't wait to see the break down by region. For those that don't know, Voting is broken down to 6 regions and 145 voters per region. Not sure how the breakdown per points are done tho.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Originally posted by ninerempire25:
Heisman = Popularity


Gephart lead the nation in MOST rushing categories & didn't win .


WTF

He should have won it.

Maybe just maybe they also took into account team record, conference strength, team accomplishments. Maybe...

You're exactly right. It is a popularity contest.

So... the fact that Ingram plays tougher opponents week in and week out holds no clout in your mind? Ok.
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Originally posted by ninerempire25:
Heisman = Popularity


Gephart lead the nation in MOST rushing categories & didn't win .


WTF

He should have won it.

Maybe just maybe they also took into account team record, conference strength, team accomplishments. Maybe...

isnt the heisman an individual award though?
Congrats to him

[ Edited by Kalen49ers on Dec 12, 2009 at 20:09:16 ]
Originally posted by MaliCali:
incredibly touching speech, it really showed how genuine the guy is. he deserves it.

It wasnt touching, the dude has a speech impedement!!!!!!! And cant talk in public, thats why he couldnt speak...
Originally posted by jayb49er:
I am a little disappointed that Gerheart did not win, but it was cool that he was a finalist at least.

Originally posted by ninerempire25:
Tiger Woods screwed it up for Gephart ( Stanford Grad)

Originally posted by ninerempire25:
Heisman = Popularity


Gephart lead the nation in MOST rushing categories & didn't win .


WTF

Maybe the voters misspelled his name on the ballots.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by jayb49er:
I am a little disappointed that Gerheart did not win, but it was cool that he was a finalist at least.

Originally posted by ninerempire25:
Tiger Woods screwed it up for Gephart ( Stanford Grad)

Originally posted by ninerempire25:
Heisman = Popularity


Gephart lead the nation in MOST rushing categories & didn't win .


WTF

Maybe the voters misspelled his name on the ballots.

lol


Also most of the country saw Ingram play........while ONLY the west saw Gerhart.
Nice to see a player so passionate about the sport. Congrats to him.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 22,240
Deserving