There are 242 users in the forums

Any frustrated Warriors fans? Sign our petition to get Cohan out!

• heyjrod
  • Info N/A
Hello,

I recently designed a website that is dedicated to finding us a new owner and changing management. 1 playoff season in the last 15 season when Chris Cohan has been the owner is unacceptable.

At cohanpleasesell.com you can sign a petition about your displeasure with ownership and management. You can write your own plea to the warriors. And you can also donate to our cause in creating a billboard in oakland much like www.messagetoal.com

Please help us out!

Best,

BillyHoyle
www.cohanpleasesell.com
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I'll sign. I hate to see any team in the Bay Area fail even though I'm a Niners/Giants fan, not a Raiders/A's fan.

[ Edited by crzy on Dec 9, 2009 at 22:44:56 ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Oh I signed the Warriors one too

http://cohanpleasesell.com/blog/petition/

But let's be honest here, neither the Raiders or Warriors petition will accomplish anything.
Originally posted by crzy:
Oh I signed the Warriors one too

http://cohanpleasesell.com/blog/petition/

But let's be honest here, neither the Raiders or Warriors petition will accomplish anything.

not will Al because he's al, but enough for the warriors might do something.
As a Laker fan, and division rival, I can not support this petition.
  • heyjrod
  • Info N/A
I don't doubt it's a huge longshot. But it would be nice, if anything people would know how terrible an owner Chris Cohan is. Only Warriors fans hate him... if the whole world knew how bad Cohan is like everyone knows about Al Davis then maybe I will have accomplished my goal. Maybe thats enough pressure to get Cohan to sell since I've heard rumors that he is close to it. Maybe this is the little nudge he needs.

Thanks for the support though.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/attendance

The Warriors are 9th in attendance

More people are in Oracle Arena to watch a pathetic Warriors home game than to watch the San Antonio Spurs or Miami Heat or Houston Rockets play their home games. Even if you look at percentage of arena capacity, the Warriors still fill 91.9% of every home game, which is good for 14th in the NBA. The Warriors fill their arena better than the Denver Nuggets or Atlanta Hawks, two playoff teams.

I did my part. I don't buy Warriors tickets, I don't go to games, I don't buy Warriors merchandise, I don't even pay to watch the Warriors on TV.

Forbes magazine listed the Warriors as the 18th most profitable franchise in the NBA. Chris Cohan is actually still MAKING money every year despite the Warriors failures. He really has little incentive to sell.

It doesn't matter as long as people are lining his pockets.

[ Edited by crzy on Dec 9, 2009 at 23:03:02 ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Petitions don't work, figure out a way to get Warrior fans to STOP going to games.
  • heyjrod
  • Info N/A
Well if all goes well we plan to do a boycott. it is actually listed as one of our goals. We would like to boycott the game before a nationally televised game. Then rally the troops for the next game, with a whole lot of signs, shirts, and propaganda. See, that will only work once our site is big enough to pull any weight - maybe as big as GSoM. I doubt it will happen this year... but who knows. Maybe even next if we can.
Stop going to games and buying merchandise. Why support a team that doesn't support you? That's how you make an impact. Think about this: Every time you go to a game, or buy merchandise, you're giving him money.

Originally posted by pantstickle:
Stop going to games and buying merchandise. Why support a team that doesn't support you? That's how you make an impact. Think about this: Every time you go to a game, or buy merchandise, you're giving him money.

Seriously, Iv stopped watching the NBA this year altogether
can a BULLS fan help fellow GSW fans out.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

More people are in Oracle Arena to watch a pathetic Warriors home game than to watch the San Antonio Spurs or Miami Heat or Houston Rockets play their home games. Even if you look at percentage of arena capacity, the Warriors still fill 91.9% of every home game, which is good for 14th in the NBA. The Warriors fill their arena better than the Denver Nuggets or Atlanta Hawks, two playoff teams.

I did my part. I don't buy Warriors tickets, I don't go to games, I don't buy Warriors merchandise, I don't even pay to watch the Warriors on TV.

Forbes magazine listed the Warriors as the 18th most profitable franchise in the NBA. Chris Cohan is actually still MAKING money every year despite the Warriors failures. He really has little incentive to sell.

Its a shame that the Warriors have such good fans and get such a garbage team to watch.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Its a shame that the Warriors have such good fans and get such a garbage team to watch.
This is pathetic article its makes this franchise even sadder.
I love my toxic organization. I don't know what I would do if the GSW became perennial contenders. Wake up?
Share 49ersWebzone