LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 321 users in the forums

***Official UNC basketball Thread***

Any UNC basketball fans out there? I have loved the tar heels ever since I was little.

What a job Roy Williams is doing with this program. Everyone praises Dean Smith as they should as he built the greatest program ever in UNC. The culture the environment etc. But if you measure just coaching and recruiting coach Williams is 2nd to none.

The team got crushed today in the coaches vs cancer finals vs Syracuse and will not repeat as champions. This will be a #2-#3 seed at best elite 8 team. With the recruiting classes coming in over the next 2 years this team will be back to the final 4 contending for a title next season.

Currently the team is lacking a dominate PG which is vital to the teams success as they rely so much on the fast break. They are also missing outside shooting and a dominate wing man. there are several young players that will get much better including
L.Drew soph
D.Strickland frsh
J.Hensen frsh
E.Davis soph
L.Mcdonald frsh
T.Zeller soph
D.Wear frsh
T.Wear frsh

all those guys except Davis and Hensen are 4 year players and I expect Hensen to play 3 and Davis to play 3.

Next years recruting class has 3 5 star players including the #1 player in the nation Harrison Barnes who says he wants to play 3 years and will provide a dominate wing man that scouts are calling the best HS prospect since L.James.
Also the team gets SG R.Bullock and PG K.Marshall and is still in the running for yet another big man in CJ Leslie

2011 will welcome PF Macadoo #1 junior in HS nation right now and PG PJ Harrison who is ranked very highly among PGs. Potentially in 2 years this team could have some serious depth and post one of the best teams in school history.

PG
K.Marshall, PJ Harrison, L.Drew
SG/SF
J.Henson, H.Barnes, R.Bullock, D.Strickland, L.Mcdonald, J.Watts
PF/C
E.Davis, Macadoo, T.Zeller, D.Wear, T.Wear and possibly CJ Leslie and C.Zeller who are being recruited for the 2010/2011 classes.
[ Edited by matt49er on Nov 20, 2009 at 8:50 PM ]
Tar Heels for back to back!!!
GO TAR HEELS!!!

Can't believe they lost today :(

We still winning it though.

I've been a fan since Carter and Jamison ran this town.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Damn Cuse is good without Paul Harris Johnny Flynn and Devendorf
Everyone better get their shots in this season, cuz next year we'll be back on top and we gon' whoop some ass!!!
Big Georgia Tech fan here.

I Hate UNC & Duke.

One of my best friends & cousin are HUGE UNC fans.

We always rag on each other during hoops season. Guess who's won the majority of the rants ???

Hopefully we play UNC good on Saturday.
anybody watch my UNC Tarheels become ACC CHAMPS LAST NIGHT after slaughtering DUKE?

This team has really turned it around and are serious national champion contenders. Could be a dynasty if Harrison Barnes and John Henson follow their words and don't leave for the NBA early (Henson said he doesn't see not playing 4 years b4 this season and Barnes said he wants to graduate and has a academic plan to do so in 3 years) this squad along with 2 5 star recruits coming in next year and another 3 the following season this team could be scary for the next few years.

Titles in 05, 09, back in contention in 11 baby GO UNC!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by matt49er:
anybody watch my UNC Tarheels become ACC CHAMPS LAST NIGHT after slaughtering DUKE?

This team has really turned it around and are serious national champion contenders. Could be a dynasty if Harrison Barnes and John Henson follow their words and don't leave for the NBA early (Henson said he doesn't see not playing 4 years b4 this season and Barnes said he wants to graduate and has a academic plan to do so in 3 years) this squad along with 2 5 star recruits coming in next year and another 3 the following season this team could be scary for the next few years.

Titles in 05, 09, back in contention in 11 baby GO UNC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fcuk duke.
here we go again UNC fans....were blowing it in the 1st half and i'm having another near heart attack watching Duke own us right now. we absoluetely cannot play like this in the NCAA or we're going to be out by round 2. let's hope we still have some 2nd half magic left and can pull this think out.
what a great year for the heels! elite 8 and it was amazing watching this team grow up together.

my stomach is going to be in knots until April 25th or until Barnes, Hensen, Zeller offically announce they are returning to school. I really hope the rumors are true and Barnes does come back. If everything I've read is right Hensen and Zeller are almost positive they are returning and Barnes is leaning toward coming back also.

add that to mcadoo, hairston and UNC should be title favorites next year.

http://tarheelblue.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/040611aab.html

John Hensen and Tyler Zeller announce they are returning to school next year!!!!!!!! Harrison Barnes still has not decided but from all reports he is leaning toward staying at UNC as well. I have my doubts about him returning since he should def be a top 5 pick if he comes out but who knows the lure of being a UNC legend, winning a national title, the other 2 coming back + 2 big time freshmen coming in and the fact that Barnes will be the best player in the nation next season along w/Sullinger may just be enough to lure the kid back.

GO HEELS!
UNC starting off 3-0, ranked #1 in the country looking great!

UNC fans I started a new UNC site on the fansided network http://keepingitheel.com/ it's been up and running about 3 weeks now and has been pretty well. I have some spots open for staff writers if anyone is interested PM me or visit the site I have a post up there with details. GO HEELS!
Wow, can't believe this thread still exists. Wanted to let you guys know, if you don't already I run keepingitheel.com a UNC Tar Heels site and we just launched our forum. Come check us out and talk Heels http://keepingitheel.com/forums/forum.php?
Share 49ersWebzone