LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Manny vs Mayweather ??

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by okdkid:
You don't like UFC. We get it. That doesn't make boxing more popular today. That just means you're louder.

UFC is in more demand. Tally up ALL pay-per-views between the two sports, annually. People consume UFC at a much higher rate. Listen man, there are people that like boxing still. Hope is not entirely lost. The ludicrous payouts for top boxers is exactly why boxing is losing popularity. Terrible business model.

Annually, UFC has more PPVs.

UFC had the top PPV event of the year (Lesnar vs. Mir) with 1.6MM buys.
UFC had 6 of the top 10 PPV buys of the year, boxing had 3, WWE had 1
UFC averaged 900k buys per event
Boxing averaged 800k

UFC had 7 of the top 10 PPV events of the year, boxing had 3, WWE had 0
UFC averaged 1MM buys per event.
Boxing averaged 800k buys per event

2011: Annual data not released yet

Simply, the UFC is the fastest growing sport in the world. The UFC currently is the 6th most popular sport in the United States, slightly ahead of the PGA. At its current pace, it will be the 5th most popular sport in the U.S. by the end of 2013 (overtaking the NHL).

The UFC has cohesive marketing. Boxing does not. It's hard to see any new boxing stars arising in the UFC era. They are turning to MMA in droves. This is troubling to professional boxing since they have no organization to fall behind in the marketing of it's sport. Boxing is losing it's talent pool to MMA. This cannot be disputed rationally.

Too often, boxing fans take personal offense to the outstanding rise in popularity of the UFC. It's not a personal slight. People just want something more realistic and graphic. It's new, it's adaptable and more entertaining to a larger percent of people. It's just the way of the world. Adapt or die. The UFC has the business model to dominate (moderate fighter pay, world-class branding, 1-2 PPV events a month, an entire cable TV channel, 4 broadcast network specials, incredible exposure in mainstream news and the most entertaining combat sport in the world).

If the UFC's success offends you, so be it.

I'm too busy right now to look up stats so I'll do that tomorrow. Simple question, why are you in a Manny/Mayweather thread arguing about gay ass UFC? Why does every gay ass UFC fan come into talk s**t about this fight? The fact is, all you gay ass mofo's will tune in as soon as Manny/Money is announced and you guys are afraid that this fight might happen. This fight WILL top 3+M and maybe ever 4M and no UFC fight will ever come close to that.

Again, Manny/Floyd/Amir Khan/Miguel Cotto/Sergio Martinez/Paul Williams/Shane Moseley/Roy Jones jr/Klitschko Brothers and many more boxers make more money than any of the top UFC fighters. Your sport is so damn good and so popular, yet why you do you make chicken s**t. But wait, you had 9M viewers on Fox. But wait, every gym in the country is a UFC gym. But wait, you guys sell more "affliction shirts." But wait, you're the 5th most popular sport in the world.

UFC/MMA/brazilian ju jitsu/tae kwondo/karate/whatever gay ass f**king s**t you wanna call it can't hold boxing's jock strap. It will stick around but it will NEVER EVER compete with boxing.

Douche much
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Douche much

Yeah, I actually am a douche in real life.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Douche much

Szme here

Arum is SHOOK!

He trying to keep the money train from falling off the tracks.
UFC is on the decline again ala the late nineties

Reason being, alot of rolling on the floor and low pay.
Low pay means just flavor of the month names , pretty much just pit fighting on PPV.....which is cool and cheap for Dana, but pretty soon,
everyone is going to be like ''wtf is this guy?''

Don't believe me? Then why did Spike tv cancel to renew UFC's reality show ?
Why are guys quitting the UFC yearly like hotcakes?

I like both boxing and mma , but boxing is more tolerable.
The cons of boxing?

Too many ''leagues.''

WBC WBO

Arum vs Golden Boy vs Lou Di bella vs Don King in a fatal fourway.

One has to be the bigger man and risk their pawns and money for the sake of a fight.
Ref screwjobs are the illegal steel plated chairs.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
The cons of boxing?

Too many ''leagues.''

WBC WBO

Arum vs Golden Boy vs Lou Di bella vs Don King in a fatal fourway.

One has to be the bigger man and risk their pawns and money for the sake of a fight.
Ref screwjobs are the illegal steel plated chairs.

The perfect Survivor Series (do they still have that PPV in WWF anymore?) matchup. Don King will bring out Mike Tyson, his hair stylist, and Dink the Clown
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
UFC is on the decline again ala the late nineties

Reason being, alot of rolling on the floor and low pay.
Low pay means just flavor of the month names , pretty much just pit fighting on PPV.....which is cool and cheap for Dana, but pretty soon,
everyone is going to be like ''wtf is this guy?''

Don't believe me? Then why did Spike tv cancel to renew UFC's reality show ?
Why are guys quitting the UFC yearly like hotcakes?

I like both boxing and mma , but boxing is more tolerable.

???? Spike Cancelling the UFC Reality TV show?? Yea you have been misinformed.. UFC got a deal with fox, and as part of that deal with Fox, their Sister channel FX is taking over the Reality show The Ultimate Fighter.. So you can sit here and talk all this nonsense about UFC on the Decline but its actually going up. The dumbest thing i have heard any of yall talk about is comparing how much they make to how successful the sport is.. Soo Because baseball players make more money than any other sport they are the best sport? if thats the case maybe you should leave this forum and join a baseball one instead.

UFC doesnt even have to have an amazing card to sell. Boxing on the other hand, if its not a top name it goes to Showtime because they know they wouldnt be able to sell. UFC has PPVs 1 time sometimes 2 times a month, boxing like every 4 months, its because they dont have enough people that are going to draw.

Either way thats not why im here. Lets talk about Manny ducking Mayweather.. Mayweather has called Manny out on Youtube, Twitter etc.. and hes scared pretty safe to say this fight is never gonna happen.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Let's just keep this thread about the possible Manny/Money fight.

No point of arguing about Boxing vs UFC anymore.

Douche much

And a cornball?
I'm too busy right now to look up stats so I'll do that tomorrow. Simple question, why are you in a Manny/Mayweather thread arguing about gay ass UFC? Why does every gay ass UFC fan come into talk s**t about this fight? The fact is, all you gay ass mofo's will tune in as soon as Manny/Money is announced and you guys are afraid that this fight might happen. This fight WILL top 3+M and maybe ever 4M and no UFC fight will ever come close to that.

Again, Manny/Floyd/Amir Khan/Miguel Cotto/Sergio Martinez/Paul Williams/Shane Moseley/Roy Jones jr/Klitschko Brothers and many more boxers make more money than any of the top UFC fighters. Your sport is so damn good and so popular, yet why you do you make chicken s**t. But wait, you had 9M viewers on Fox. But wait, every gym in the country is a UFC gym. But wait, you guys sell more "affliction shirts." But wait, you're the 5th most popular sport in the world.

UFC/MMA/brazilian ju jitsu/tae kwondo/karate/whatever gay ass f**king s**t you wanna call it can't hold boxing's jock strap. It will stick around but it will NEVER EVER compete with boxing.

Why you mad doe? Why do MMA fans gotta be gay? Why do boxers fail when they talk s**t about MMA then get their ass handed to them in an MMA fight (Toney vs. Couture)?

I guarantee you that s**t loads of boxing fans are MMA fans as well.

But you're right....let's just get back to Manny/Mayweather.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Why you mad doe? Why do MMA fans gotta be gay? Why do boxers fail when they talk s**t about MMA then get their ass handed to them in an MMA fight (Toney vs. Couture)?

I guarantee you that s**t loads of boxing fans are MMA fans as well.

But you're right....let's just get back to Manny/Mayweather.

my bad homie. just got riled up. I meant no disrespect. Boxing is boxing and UFC is UFC. Apples and Oranges.

my bad Okd.
Manny needs to step up or say something b/c right now Arum is making his whole camp look like chickens.
I blame the UFC/Boxing hate-filled posts on a lack of PBF/Pacman bout...that is why if there isn't a fight soon I predict WWIII to start with the Phillipines invading Japan over past aggressions and a lack of an outlet to allow anger supression
Share 49ersWebzone