LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 236 users in the forums

Manny vs Mayweather ??

It's not happening.

Floyd-Canelo
Manny-JMM IV/Bradley/Peterson

are the next fights
I am telling you guys. We have to unite. Fans of both camps need to boycott any Pac Mayweather bout not fought on May 5, 2012.

Its the only way. I can honestly say I won't purchase or watch the fight otherwise
Manny is such a little b***h, just fight him already jesus christ
this fight not happening is the best thing that ever happened to UFC
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Wouldn't matter. Boxing can have one big night, it's still dead.

Kids would rather be in the UFC rather than box.

Boxing has to do a whole lot more than one mega fight every 5 years.
I have it on good authority that Arum is in the Philippines right now and that it probably won't happen on May 5th, but if it does, it will be later that month. Look for Mr. Wynn to be involved in the venue. Hopefully this actually gets done.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by okdkid:

lol You've got to be kidding me. Boxing regularly puts up big numbers, way better than the UFC. This fight (if it happens) will do close to 3M PPV buys. Please get that UFC is better than boxing crap outta here. Go back to the UFC thread with this garbage.
Originally posted by Amir:

lol You've got to be kidding me. Boxing regularly puts up big numbers, way better than the UFC. This fight (if it happens) will do close to 3M PPV buys. Please get that UFC is better than boxing crap outta here. Go back to the UFC thread with this garbage.

yeah that is such crap. Is boxing falling way short of its potential? YES. But UFC operating max potential is still an inferior sport to boxing.

Its amazing how UFC fans don't understand the inherit trade off you have to make in a hybrid mixed arts sport
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by danimal:

yeah that is such crap. Is boxing falling way short of its potential? YES. But UFC operating max potential is still an inferior sport to boxing.

Its amazing how UFC fans don't understand the inherit trade off you have to make in a hybrid mixed arts sport

exactly danimal. When UFC is backed by HBO or even Showtime, then you're in boxings league.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
UFC fanboys just can't accept the fact that boxing is and always will be the better sport and will do better numbers than their sport. Men lie, women lie, numbers don't.

UFC fanboys just can't accept the fact that boxing is and always will be the better sport and will do better numbers than their sport. Men lie, women lie, numbers don't.

As big a fan as I am of MMA and Boxing, I can agree that we're a long ways away from MMA fighters earning the same kinds of paychecks, or PPV buys even matching boxing. However, what I do like about MMA is that there are no promoters. Fighters just want to fight. UFC has crushed its competition and brought their best fighters all under one promotion. So MMA fans actually get to watch the best against the best.

With boxing, we have to hope...
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SF69ers:

As big a fan as I am of MMA and Boxing, I can agree that we're a long ways away from MMA fighters earning the same kinds of paychecks, or PPV buys even matching boxing. However, what I do like about MMA is that there are no promoters. Fighters just want to fight. UFC has crushed its competition and brought their best fighters all under one promotion. So MMA fans actually get to watch the best against the best.

UFC fight.....first 15 seconds, standing up.....next 4.75 minutes on the ground butt f**king each other. The sport is gay as s**t.

UFC fight.....first 15 seconds, standing up.....next 4.75 minutes on the ground butt f**king each other. The sport is gay as s**t.

You my boy, Amir, but that statement right there was as ignorant as it possibly gets. Pretty much shows that you don't understand what MMA is all about.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
You my boy, Amir, but that statement right there was as ignorant as it possibly gets. Pretty much shows that you don't understand what MMA is all about.

you my boy too Jeff and you always will be. I've seen UFC matches and it's hard as f**k to watch. Boxing is the sweet science and MMA is the gay science.
Share 49ersWebzone