LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 316 users in the forums

Manny vs Mayweather ??

Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
For some reason I dont think it is a done deal.

Why is that?

And I've been reading for weeks now... 147. Roach is full of crap like always. Stick to training, u make ur boy look bad sometimes.

says 147, just need a venue:
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4715684
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
For some reason I dont think it is a done deal.

Why is that?

And I've been reading for weeks now... 147. Roach is full of crap like always. Stick to training, u make ur boy look bad sometimes.

says 147, just need a venue:
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4715684

The fourth paragraph and no major announcement. It does look promising though.

"Mayweather had previously agreed to terms with Golden Boy Promotions, his promoter for the HBO PPV fight, but it was unclear if he had signed a contract".
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
If Mayweather is asking for 154 and 10 oz. gloves, then again, it's his way of politely saying, No I don't want to fight Manny Pacquiao.

I'm guessing if he is asking for 154, it's so they fight no lower than 147. And the 10 oz. gloves story is conflicting with the ESPN story saying that they will both wear 8 oz. gloves, but wear the brand of their choice.

Here comes Pac with his CLETO REYES gloves. LOL.

You ever hear Pac say 'Cleto Reyes'?

Yep. That's why i cap'd it. LOL. When we were watching the fight...there was about 12 of us. I heard it...tried to look around the room and see if anyone else heard it. I rewinded it....played it back...and everybody f**kin died.

Eye geeb tanks porrr daaa...umm.....Clitoris Gloves. Gotta love Manny.
If Mayweather is asking for 154 and 10 oz. gloves, then again, it's his way of politely saying, No I don't want to fight Manny Pacquiao.

I'm guessing if he is asking for 154, it's so they fight no lower than 147. And the 10 oz. gloves story is conflicting with the ESPN story saying that they will both wear 8 oz. gloves, but wear the brand of their choice.

Yep. That's why i cap'd it. LOL. When we were watching the fight...there was about 12 of us. I heard it...tried to look around the room and see if anyone else heard it. I rewinded it....played it back...and everybody f**kin died.

Holy crap...I just passed out laughing at that one...LMAO!
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:

Holy crap...I just passed out laughing at that one...LMAO!

Any of you check out the forums on boxingscene.com? Their version of NinerTalk is pretty much being taken over by a collective haterfest between Mayweather and Pacquiao fans. As they call it, it's the Flomo's vs. the Pactards. Some go as far as to create profiles as a fan of a certain boxer, and then post as if to say that they think the other boxer is going to win.

Here is an example of a disguised Mayweather fan masquerading as a Filipino. This is his signature graphic:

These guys make NinerTalk seem like a discussion between law students.
Any of you check out the forums on boxingscene.com? Their version of NinerTalk is pretty much being taken over by a collective haterfest between Mayweather and Pacquiao fans. As they call it, it's the Flomo's vs. the Pactards. Some go as far as to create profiles as a fan of a certain boxer, and then post as if to say that they think the other boxer is going to win.

Here is an example of a disguised Mayweather fan masquerading as a Filipino. This is his signature graphic:

These guys make NinerTalk seem like a discussion between law students.

Haha!

If you're looking for another good boxing forum, check out http://www.eastsideboxing.com/

That's the one I frequent to get my sweet science fix
Boxers predict Pac/Mayweather

One of the better analysis I've read/watched about the potential fight:

[ Edited by phiLthyphiL on Dec 8, 2009 at 19:35:41 ]
ahh so pumped!!!

Man, I hate sites like boxingscene.com or boxingtalk.com... dunno whether to trust their journalism. Half the time I feel like they're making headlines just to get hits.

Anyway, someone pointed me to this in boxingtalk. Saying Pac-May aint happening March 13
http://boxingtalk.com/pag/article.php?aid=18827

Dunno what to make of it.
Man, I hate sites like boxingscene.com or boxingtalk.com... dunno whether to trust their journalism. Half the time I feel like they're making headlines just to get hits.

Anyway, someone pointed me to this in boxingtalk. Saying Pac-May aint happening March 13

Wouldn't surprise me. Elie Seckback from ESNEWS on youtube just interviewed Freddie Roach and Freddie said negotiations are still rough.

Wouldn't surprise me. Elie Seckback from ESNEWS on youtube just interviewed Freddie Roach and Freddie said negotiations are still rough.

At this point I think both fighters would be crazy too pass up a 50/50 split of a big ass payday. Maybe they both think they can milk the game more by getting one fight in before they meet. I mean who can really beat them besides MAYBE SSM?

Did you guys read on Yahoo about Golden Boy Promoter abruptly canceling his flight to tour the Dallas Venue.
Looky

[ Edited by MoistButtCheeks on Dec 12, 2009 at 03:42:20 ]

At this point I think both fighters would be crazy too pass up a 50/50 split of a big ass payday. Maybe they both think they can milk the game more by getting one fight in before they meet. I mean who can really beat them besides MAYBE SSM?

Did you guys read on Yahoo about Golden Boy Promoter abruptly canceling his flight to tour the Dallas Venue.
Looky

Pacquiao camp senses Floyd is scared. Floyd camp is trying to mandate Olympic style steroid testing and Freddie says bring it on. If Floyd weren't scared of that left, why try to impose stricter steroid testing?
Share 49ersWebzone