LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 407 users in the forums

Manny vs Mayweather ??

Manny, you idiot. Screw Filipino politics.

Don't let fame get to your head with all these B.S. distractions.

Prepare for the fight of your life, all that other stuff is secondary.
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Manny, you idiot. Screw Filipino politics.

Don't let fame get to your head with all these B.S. distractions.

Prepare for the fight of your life, all that other stuff is secondary.

I don't get it either. It's not like he's gonna lose out on political opportunities anytime soon. Also what scares me is the corruption over there, especially when it comes to politics. Who's going to want to be the person running against Manny? I don't want him to end up like Benigno.
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
^^Edwin Valero is always good on an undercard. Maybe that's what Paul Williams needs...to be on this undercard so he can be noticed even by the casual fan how extremely talented he is.

Just sucks how Pavlik "conveniently" hurt his hand, making him unable to fight this saturday, but unexplainably he's ready to fight two weeks from Saturday? Pavlik...just come out like a man and say you wanted absolutely no piece of the Punisher.

Sadly Williams looks to nice to get a big fight. Pavlik went out like a hoe for that s**t
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
Originally posted by danimal:
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4705330&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

starting to get spooked for my boy manny.. i still don't know if this is a fight he can win

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

LOL, nah I am worried too......but what was up with the talk of Manny vs. George(Yuri) Foreman???? That would have been hella bammer.

I can't understand why Manny can't just put off politics for his later years...like 40 or something.

i don't think it's lack of faith.. it's being a realist

i've mentioned it countless times.. i had my doubts about his last few fights.. but he ended up proving me wrong.. i hope he can prove me wrong ONE MORE TIME

LOL, I was mainly using the opportunity to use a Darth Vader quote

I was only a little worried about DLH, and a little more worried about Cotto. Mayweather, I am 60-40 sure Floyd will win.

Trust me, I am not a blind Manny fan either. And if this fight happens, I too will mainly be relying on hope
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4705330&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

starting to get spooked for my boy manny.. i still don't know if this is a fight he can win

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

LOL, nah I am worried too......but what was up with the talk of Manny vs. George(Yuri) Foreman???? That would have been hella bammer.

I can't understand why Manny can't just put off politics for his later years...like 40 or something.

i don't think it's lack of faith.. it's being a realist

i've mentioned it countless times.. i had my doubts about his last few fights.. but he ended up proving me wrong.. i hope he can prove me wrong ONE MORE TIME

LOL, I was mainly using the opportunity to use a Darth Vader quote

I was only a little worried about DLH, and a little more worried about Cotto. Mayweather, I am 60-40 sure Floyd will win.

Trust me, I am not a blind Manny fan either. And if this fight happens, I too will mainly be relying on hope

Yes?
This is a well made teaser. Man, I'm getting major wood just thinking about this fight. I read that Manny signed already and we're on schedule for March. Both camps are trying to agree on the fighter's weight of 147 (Pacquiao) or 154 (Mayweather), as well as 8 oz vs 10 oz gloves.

Where did you hear 154?
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Where did you hear 154?
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=23910
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Where did you hear 154?
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=23910

LOL Roach. Half the s**t he says is bulls**t... the other half is usually spot on. I doubt Mayweather ever asked for 154, then it wouldn't be a title fight.
50/50 Split

If Mayweather is asking for 154 and 10 oz. gloves, then again, it's his way of politely saying, No I don't want to fight Manny Pacquiao.

I'm guessing if he is asking for 154, it's so they fight no lower than 147. And the 10 oz. gloves story is conflicting with the ESPN story saying that they will both wear 8 oz. gloves, but wear the brand of their choice.

Here comes Pac with his CLETO REYES gloves. LOL.
Pac
Nov 14, 2009 145 pounds - Welterweight Miguel Cotto W - TKO 12
May 2, 2009 140 pounds - Jr Welterweight Ricky Hatton W - KO 2
Dec 6, 2008 145 pounds - Welterweight Oscar de la Hoya W - RTD 8
Jun 28, 2008 135 pounds - Lightweight David Diaz W - TKO 9
Mar 15, 2008 130 pounds - Super Featherweight Juan Manuel Marquez W - SD 12
Oct 6, 2007 130 pounds - Super Featherweight Marco Antonio Barrera W - UD 12

Duck Hunt
Sep 19, 2009 144 pounds - Welterweight Juan Manuel Marquez W - UD 12
Dec 8, 2007 145 pounds - Welterweight Ricky Hatton W - TKO 10
May 5, 2007 154 pounds - Jr Middleweight Oscar de la Hoya W - SD 12
Nov 4, 2006 147 pounds - Welterweight Carlos Baldomir W - UD 12
Apr 4, 2006 145.5 pounds - Welterweight Zab Judah W - UD 12
Nov 19, 2005 145.25 pounds - Welterweight Sharmba Mitchel W - TKO 6

Pacman fighting Cotto/Mayweather within a 4 month span. This election is really going to f**king bite him in the ass.

[ Edited by phiLthyphiL on Dec 4, 2009 at 22:13:51 ]
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
If Mayweather is asking for 154 and 10 oz. gloves, then again, it's his way of politely saying, No I don't want to fight Manny Pacquiao.

I'm guessing if he is asking for 154, it's so they fight no lower than 147. And the 10 oz. gloves story is conflicting with the ESPN story saying that they will both wear 8 oz. gloves, but wear the brand of their choice.

Here comes Pac with his CLETO REYES gloves. LOL.

You ever hear Pac say 'Cleto Reyes'?

[ Edited by HaiGuise on Dec 4, 2009 at 23:27:41 ]
They've been saying for weeks now that it would be at 147, if it comes from Roach's mouth i take that with a bag of salt. He's just the trainer, not the negotiator. If Arum or Manny said that, then It'd be more believable.

Anyway, deal's done so it's all good.
For some reason I dont think it is a done deal.

[ Edited by MoistButtCheeks on Dec 5, 2009 at 03:20:05 ]
Share 49ersWebzone