LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 164 users in the forums

NCAA Mens Basketball Thread

Originally posted by Dino:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
BYU's rules are ridiculous. Poor Davies is getting screwed over for just screwing.

wait what?

Quote:
Brandon Davies was dismissed from BYU's basketball team after he admitted to having sexual relations with his girlfriend, the Salt Lake Tribune reported Wednesday.

BYU's honor code forbids students from having premarital sex and instructs them to "live a chaste and virtuous life."

The newspaper reported that Davies met with school officials on Monday.

BYU officials would only confirm Wednesday that Davies wasn't involved in anything criminal that resulted in his dismissal from the team.

University spokeswoman Carri Jenkins said an honor code review is under way to determine if the BYU sophomore will be allowed to remain in school, as well as his status with the team next season.

BYU's honor code also requires students to be honest; abstain from alcoholic beverages, tobacco, tea, coffee and substance abuse; and attend church regularly.

link
  • Dino
  • Veteran
lol wow
I can't believe they're actually considering kicking him not only off of the team but also out of school as well just for having sex. I knew BYU was strict but I didnt know they were that strict.
I can't believe they're actually considering kicking him not only off of the team but also out of school as well just for having sex. I knew BYU was strict but I didnt know they were that strict.

That's friggin weak bro. What 2 consenting adults do with eachother's genitals is their business, not the schools. That's so retarded. My opinion of BYU has dropped like a jumper off a skyscraper with this s**t. They cost themselves a chance at going deep in the tournament IMO, all because this poor kid wanted to please his girlfriend's vagina.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

That's friggin weak bro. What 2 consenting adults do with eachother's genitals is their business, not the schools. That's so retarded. My opinion of BYU has dropped like a jumper off a skyscraper with this s**t. They cost themselves a chance at going deep in the tournament IMO, all because this poor kid wanted to please his girlfriend's vagina.

Its the reason RB Harvey Unga had to leave school and enter the 2010 NFL Supplemental Draft. He was dating a women's basketball player. They both had "consental sex" and since they violated BYU's Honor Code, they both left the school. I, for one, thinks is B.S. to adults can't fornicate consentually, when at the same time Mormon's don't find it unlawful to practice polygamy. No disrespect to any Mormons/LDS members.
he shouldnt have gone to BYU if he wanted to have sex
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
It is very invasive to allow what someone does in their private life within the law and stupid to take this course of action. It's one of my many problems with organized religion. However, this guy knew what he signed up for when he chose to go to school here, so I can't really give him a pass. He broke a team rule they take pretty seriously. He should have just gone to a regular college and he could have had a normal college experience.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Its the reason RB Harvey Unga had to leave school and enter the 2010 NFL Supplemental Draft. He was dating a women's basketball player. They both had "consental sex" and since they violated BYU's Honor Code, they both left the school. I, for one, thinks is B.S. to adults can't fornicate consentually, when at the same time Mormon's don't find it unlawful to practice polygamy. No disrespect to any Mormons/LDS members.

Now you're just being silly, if anyone knows its "unlawful" to practice polygamy its Mormons. Hundreds if not thousands were imprisoned for it until the practice was ended church-wide in the late 1800s. Additionally, each BYU student agrees in writing to the rules before entering the school, he knew the rule and agreed to it.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Now everyone gets to see why everyone in the Mountain West hates BYU. They're a bunch of 28 year old weirdos playing sports. f**k You BYU. I love hearing that chant at UW games.
this is happening in the land of many wives

• AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pantstickle:

Awesome
Good luck tonight St. Mary's.

hopefully they will be going wild, maraga style by the end of the night.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Good luck tonight St. Mary's.

hopefully they will be going wild, maraga style by the end of the night.

beat Gonzaga!

one would think we're talking about a nation in middle east.
Share 49ersWebzone