BCS Rankings

Rankings are out: Link

1. Florida
2. Alabama
3. Texas
4. Boise State
5. Cincinnati

Cincinnati a surprise.
bama should #1. Gators have been struggling last few weeks and seem as they're bound to go down in coming weeks
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

1. Florida
2. Alabama
3. Texas
4. Boise State
5. Cincinnati

Cincinnati a surprise.

To me, Boise State is the bigger surprise. IMO they don't deserve to be that highly ranked.

Who have they played? Oregon? They won at home against a team under a new head coach in the first game, and its not like they destroyed them or anything.

The rest of Boise State's schedule is a joke. I can't wait till they go to a BCS game and get embarrassed like Hawaii did. The WAC is a weak division, its not like the MWC.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

1. Florida
2. Alabama
3. Texas
4. Boise State
5. Cincinnati

Cincinnati a surprise.

To me, Boise State is the bigger surprise. IMO they don't deserve to be that highly ranked.

Who have they played? Oregon? They won at home against a team under a new head coach in the first game, and its not like they destroyed them or anything.

The rest of Boise State's schedule is a joke. I can't wait till they go to a BCS game and get embarrassed like Hawaii did. The WAC is a weak division, its not like the MWC.

didn't Boise beat OU a few years ago?

but I agree, they have no business being ranked so high, I'm just glad USC isn't in the top 5

1. Florida
2. Alabama
3. Texas
4. Boise State
5. Cincinnati

Cincinnati a surprise.

I think if they stay undefeated, they should be in a BCS bowl game. Maybe even the national championship if no one else is undefeated.

That's just me though, I have a soft spot for Boise State for some reason.
Originally posted by Conejo:

1. Florida
2. Alabama
3. Texas
4. Boise State
5. Cincinnati

Cincinnati a surprise.

didn't Boise beat OU a few years ago?

but I agree, they have no business being ranked so high, I'm just glad USC isn't in the top 5

That was a weak OU squad that year, and Boise State in 2006 was a much better team.

1. Florida
2. Alabama
3. Texas
4. Boise State
5. Cincinnati

Cincinnati a surprise.

I think if they stay undefeated, they should be in a BCS bowl game. Maybe even the national championship if no one else is undefeated.

Boise should not make the NC game over any 1-loss team, 2-loss teams MAYBE

1. Florida
2. Alabama
3. Texas
4. Boise State
5. Cincinnati

Cincinnati a surprise.

all i'm gonna say is they need a tournament.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

1. Florida
2. Alabama
3. Texas
4. Boise State
5. Cincinnati

Cincinnati a surprise.

all i'm gonna say is they need a tournament.

WHOLE separate issue but
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Ah the BS rankings, sweet. Looking at the yahoo sports page they list each teams SOS (strength of schedule) and say how it is not a factor in the computer determined number. I find this a little strange. How can you not take into account a college teams SOS for the ranking process?

Michigan should play all the Delaware States they can find.

The BCS is gay!
Originally posted by nipplehead:
The BCS is gay!

so is college football
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by nipplehead:
The BCS is gay!

so is OSU football

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I really hope Boise State and Cincinnatti end up in the championship game.

Maybe that will bring a playoff
Originally posted by crzy:
I really hope Boise State and Cincinnatti end up in the championship game.

Maybe that will bring a playoff

That would be sweet. It would actually be a good game too, a lot of offense.
Share 49ersWebzone