LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 207 users in the forums

***Official 2009-2010 Houston Rockets Thread*** (29-28)

• Dino
  • Veteran
  • jrg
  • Veteran
L
Originally posted by jrg:
L

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by jrg:
L

• TX9R
  • Veteran
Must be glad no Yao to dominate D12 as he always has, you'd think he could have done a lot more against a 6'6 Hayes though. Finally stopped the Houston ownage the last few years.
Originally posted by TX9R:
Must be glad no Yao to dominate D12 as he always has, you'd think he could have done a lot more against a 6'6 Hayes though. Finally stopped the Houston ownage the last few years.

* Yao owns D12 plain and simple check the stats and games.

Funny how the magic fans come out when they finally beat the Rox minus Yao, no complaints though, see ya in houston magic.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
[ Edited by Dino on Dec 24, 2009 at 1:57 PM ]
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:

* Yao owns D12 plain and simple check the stats and games.

Funny how the magic fans come out when they finally beat the Rox minus Yao, no complaints though, see ya in houston magic.

We don't hide after a loss. Not sure what you're getting at.

Edit: I can't lie though, Yao does do an amazing job vs Howard.
[ Edited by Dino on Dec 24, 2009 at 1:51 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Originally posted by dobophile:
McGrady finished in Houston.

Quote:
There are no imminent trades, but rival teams say the Rockets are willing to take back long-term money for the right trade with McGrady. Sources say they’ve shown an interest in Sacramento Kings shooting guard Kevin Martin, but the Kings want to see him play with rookie Tyreke Evans once Martin returns from a broken wrist in January. The Kings would likely want the Rockets to take Beno Udrith and Andres Nocioni with Kenny Thomas’ expiring deal, but none of that is happening.

There are no legitimate discussions, just the dead-ends the Rockets are finding for McGrady. In the near future, there just isn’t a trade for McGrady. It won’t be closer to the trade deadline in mid-February, when teams start to give up on the playoffs and are more apt to give up a good player in a cost-cutting move for T-Mac’s expiring deal.

The possibility of a contract buyout isn’t expected to be addressed now with McGrady’s agent, because there’s just no motivation for Houston to give him one until the trade deadline passes in February. Unless, of course, T-Mac is willing to give back several million dollars to become a free agent now. Here’s the one issue with him working with Grover in Chicago until a trade happens: This is a difficult time of the year for the trainer to simulate true NBA competition. Over the summer, T-Mac could run with Dwyane Wade, Jermaine O’Neal, Gilbert Arenas – lots of top pros – but that isn’t the case in the dead of winter.

I dont really understand why we wouldnt play him more minutes. If hes back we sure could use him

What would Houston think of a T-Mac for Brad Miller/Jerome James deal?

Apparently, Chicago is interested in McGrady. All 3 players have expiring deals. Houston could use some size. And Adelman used to coach Miller.

I think he'd be able to fit into Houston's team-ball system.
[ Edited by SacRock14 on Dec 30, 2009 at 1:58 PM ]
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Morey is proabably the smartest GM in the NBA. He won't make a trade unless he's coming our ahead with a young player or an established all star. In other words, he'll either fleece someone or just let the contract expire and enjoy his cap space next year. I'd be very surprised if Tracy is traded.
Morey is proabably the smartest GM in the NBA. He won't make a trade unless he's coming our ahead with a young player or an established all star. In other words, he'll either fleece someone or just let the contract expire and enjoy his cap space next year. I'd be very surprised if Tracy is traded.

Point taken, but how smart can a guy be to let the highest paid player in the NBA just waste away on your bench all year? It you guys were a cellar-dweller team like most thought you'd be this year, it would make more sense to me. But you guys aren't that team. At 17-11, you guys are in the playoffs, as of right now, and could probably use a player or 2 that will help you guys make a run.

I think he should get a deal in place and make a move. Not only could you improve your roster, but you could put this whole drama/distraction behind you.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Point taken, but how smart can a guy be to let the highest paid player in the NBA just waste away on your bench all year? It you guys were a cellar-dweller team like most thought you'd be this year, it would make more sense to me. But you guys aren't that team. At 17-11, you guys are in the playoffs, as of right now, and could probably use a player or 2 that will help you guys make a run.

I think he should get a deal in place and make a move. Not only could you improve your roster, but you could put this whole drama/distraction behind you.

The word is that Adelman doesn't want the distraction and has not been impressed with his ability and does not want to mess up the chemistry. When Tracy went to the press about playing time, RA knew it would only get worse. By dismissing him, the distraction is gone, and from reading between the lines, everyone, including the players are happy about it. Highest paid does not equal good fit overall. I trust in Morey, he has a long term plan and is going to stick to it, if we are winning in the meantime it's even better.
  • ptinerocket
  • Info N/A
Funny how the Rockets don't get even ONE national televised game(last time i checked)

Rockets truly plays team basketball, and this is the way that the game is meant to be played. Yet no one wants to watch this because we have no named star on our team.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rick Adelman and Carl Landry gets Coach of the Year and Sixman robbed from them

granted if the Rockets keep playing like this.
Share 49ersWebzone