LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

***Official 2009-2010 Houston Rockets Thread*** (29-28)

• TX9R
  • Veteran
So TMac is back. Yay. I can barely contain my enthusiasm.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
Did McGrady really give up his #1 jersey to Trevor Ariza?

Noticed McGrady was wearing #3

Says he did it for his Darfur project.

We all know really why he did it. Did it for the money.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:

Now I'm the first to rip TMac the player, but what he is trying to do here is admirable and I applaud him for it. This is one thing that isn't about money, unless you're talking about raising money for Darfur. http://www.darfurdreamteam.org/ I don't see how someone can go over there and witness what's happening and not be affected in some way.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TX9R:

Now I'm the first to rip TMac the player, but what he is trying to do here is admirable and I applaud him for it. This is one thing that isn't about money, unless you're talking about raising money for Darfur. http://www.darfurdreamteam.org/ I don't see how someone can go over there and witness what's happening and not be affected in some way.

I'm the biggest T-Mac fan there is. Where ever he plays that's who I root for. But to say he changed his number because of that is crazy. He changed it because he wants his jersey sales to go through the roof like Kobe's last year. Same thing with LeBron talking about not wearing #6 to honor Jordan. It's all about the sales.

It's nothing more than greed dressed up like selflessness.

I'm the biggest T-Mac fan there is. Where ever he plays that's who I root for. But to say he changed his number because of that is crazy. He changed it because he wants his jersey sales to go through the roof like Kobe's last year. Same thing with LeBron talking about not wearing #6 to honor Jordan. It's all about the sales.

That might be true if NBA players actually got paid for their individual jersey sales, but they don't. The league and the player's union split up the merch sales (with the league getting most of it, I believe), and then ALL players get a cut.

Simply put, DJ Mbenga makes as much off of a Kobe Bryant jersey sale as Kobe does. I'm sorry, kriz...you're wrong here.

And good for T-Mac. I hope he can stay healthy this year.

[ Edited by LA9erFan on Dec 16, 2009 at 09:02:23 ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

That might be true if NBA players actually got paid for their individual jersey sales, but they don't. The league and the player's union split up the merch sales (with the league getting most of it, I believe), and then ALL players get a cut.

Simply put, DJ Mbenga makes as much off of a Kobe Bryant jersey sale as Kobe does. I'm sorry, kriz...you're wrong here.

Not saying I don't believe you. I just find that hard to believe.

Do you really think a player owns the rights to his jersey?
f**k this s**t i'm a rockets fan too

where's yao at
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Do you really think a player owns the rights to his jersey?

No but I thought they got a percentage of everything sold with their name on it. Jersey's, Video games, posters etc..............
Originally posted by teeohh:

where's yao at

The WZ will never recognize your rocket fandom.

where's yao at

Welcome we've been expecting you....

Originally posted by StOnEy333:

where's yao at

The WZ will never recognize your rocket fandom.

it will recognize all the teams I choose to root for, and I'd be able to eliminate the heat if Wade signs with another team I like
Von Wafer is a Rocket again, according to the Houston Rockets announcers, he signed and is pending a physical.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Von Wafer is a Rocket again, according to the Houston Rockets announcers, he signed and is pending a physical.

scratch that, he failed his physical, and we signed Mike Harris from the D-League instead.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

scratch that, he failed his physical, and we signed Mike Harris from the D-League instead.

Good for him, I liked his hustle. But he really doesn't fill a need I can think of?
Share 49ersWebzone