LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

***Official 2009-2010 Houston Rockets Thread*** (29-28)

• TX9R
  • Veteran
Is ther a better 1-2 punch at PF than Scola and Landry? Combined avg about 29 and 13 a game, with almost identical production in similar minutes. Scola is especially a beast on the boards and could avg about 13 if he got all the minutes. You got to love this team. Some more interseting stats:
Luis Scola. In the second half of back-to-backs this season, all Rockets wins, he is averaging 21 points and 14 rebounds, making 57.7 percent of his shots. The Rockets as a team had have 3 B2Bs, losing the first and winning the second in each. Strange.

Personally I hope I never see TMac in a Houston jersey again. It's not like he's going to be the difference in winning it all. I'd rather barely make the lottery and draft perhaps the star the team needs to go along with whatever big FA we land this summer. I wonder if Bosh could play at C? He'd be the most likely signee, although I think Wade is an outside possibilty.
[ Edited by TX9R on Nov 19, 2009 at 8:11 AM ]
Originally posted by TX9R:
Is ther a better 1-2 punch at PF than Scola and Landry? Combined avg about 29 and 13 a game, with almost identical production in similar minutes. Scola is especially a beast on the boards and could avg about 13 if he got all the minutes. You got to love this team. Some more interseting stats:
Luis Scola. In the second half of back-to-backs this season, all Rockets wins, he is averaging 21 points and 14 rebounds, making 57.7 percent of his shots. The Rockets as a team had have 3 B2Bs, losing the first and winning the second in each. Strange.

Personally I hope I never see TMac in a Houston jersey again. It's not like he's going to be the difference in winning it all. I'd rather barely make the lottery and draft perhaps the star the team needs to go along with whatever big FA we land this summer. I wonder if Bosh could play at C? He'd be the most likely signee, although I think Wade is an outside possibilty.

Scola is a RFA after the season, Landry we hold a 3M team option, but if declined he is also a RFA, and Lowry is a RFA after 2009-2010 season.

Now, i would love Bosh or D-Wade, we wont get both, unless Yao opts out, which isnt likely.

We might be best suited to wait till 2011 offseason, when Battier and his 7M+ comes off the books and YAO's 19M+ comes off the books.

as of now we have the following signed for next season.

PG Aaron Brooks
SG Jermaine Taylor
SF Trevor Ariza
SF Shane Battier
SF Chase Budinger
PF Joey Dorsey
C Yao Ming
C David Andersen

we hold Team Options on Landry and Hayes. While Scola and Lowry are RFA's. And TMac is a UFA with Brian Cook.

We should have enough for 1 Big Name Player. If we decline Hayes and Landry, we could get a Big Name and a Mid Level Guy.

I want Scola and Lowry back.

And then in 2011, we have just a few signed. So, we might have to wait till 2011 and get a big name, but who knows, we could always do a sign and trade, but idk what pieces we have worthy of a S&T.
another thing, we have about $46.77M in commited salaries for 2010-2011 season.

that includes the options and RFA tender for Lowry, not sure the tender amount for Scola would be.

and everyone expects a 53M or so Cap for 2010.

that leaves us with about $6.227M in cap room, which of course isnt enough for a big name, but if we decline Landry, Hayes, and cut Dorsey, we would save $6.281M, which would bring our cap space to about $12.508M for 2010 offseason.

Now for 2011. we have about $15.233M in commited salaries. this includes Options for Dorsey and Andersen, and a RFA tender for Brooks.

If the cap goes up say 3-4M from 2010, to 57M, we would have no lie, about $41M in cap room, of course before our 2010 1st rd pick, and anyone picked up in 2010 offseason.

Just something to think about.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Scola is a RFA after the season, Landry we hold a 3M team option, but if declined he is also a RFA, and Lowry is a RFA after 2009-2010 season.

Now, i would love Bosh or D-Wade, we wont get both, unless Yao opts out, which isnt likely.

We might be best suited to wait till 2011 offseason, when Battier and his 7M+ comes off the books and YAO's 19M+ comes off the books.

PG Aaron Brooks
SG Jermaine Taylor
SF Trevor Ariza
SF Shane Battier
SF Chase Budinger
PF Joey Dorsey
C Yao Ming
C David Andersen

we hold Team Options on Landry and Hayes. While Scola and Lowry are RFA's. And TMac is a UFA with Brian Cook.

We should have enough for 1 Big Name Player. If we decline Hayes and Landry, we could get a Big Name and a Mid Level Guy.

And then in 2011, we have just a few signed. So, we might have to wait till 2011 and get a big name, but who knows, we could always do a sign and trade, but idk what pieces we have worthy of a S&T.

I would hate to lose Landry, but if he continues his play, he will likely have an opportunity to start elsewhere and for more money. As far as Battier, I'm convinced a contender will trade for him as a final piece sometime this year. I never thought we'd get Wade and Bosh, just one or the other, with Bosh being most likely.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

PG Aaron Brooks
SG Jermaine Taylor
SF Trevor Ariza
SF Shane Battier
SF Chase Budinger
PF Joey Dorsey
C Yao Ming
C David Andersen

I would hate to lose Landry, but if he continues his play, he will likely have an opportunity to start elsewhere and for more money. As far as Battier, I'm convinced a contender will trade for him as a final piece sometime this year. I never thought we'd get Wade and Bosh, just one or the other, with Bosh being most likely.

1. sorry if i thought you were saying get both, i knew you werent, just pointing out that.

2. I agree on Battier, it would hurt to lose him, but i would wish him the best and go on and either start or be a 6th man and win a championship.

3. Landry, i agree as well, he would and could make alot of money elsewhere. Id hate also to lose Landry, but, if it means getting Bosh or Wade, im all for it. personally, i want Wade more, he would bring a flashy star to HOUSTON, but Bosh is a native of Texas, and we are the only Texas team with room under the cap likely to get him, so, it will be interesting in 2010 offseason. It wouldnt surprise, me, if we draft someone and then trade his rights in a Sign and Trade for Bosh or Wade.
man, man and man, we came back, and almost won it, stupid basket/dunk at the end with .7 seconds won it.

oh well, tough game by us, proud as hell of this team.
  • ptinerocket
  • Info N/A
Landry is def not dispensible, neither is lowry. the only person to be honest that we can get rid of is Mac. lowry and ab both have different skill set and compensate each other, lowry can penetrate and create game for others while ab has amazing outside shot. landry is just a beast... chuck is like our secretary of defense...
what a day, 1st the Niners win against Jacksonville 20-3, then Houston with a win vs OKC 100-91.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I was in houston all week, finally a chance to actually watch some games. Both losses. Maybe it's better I don't watch.
good hard fought game, with a min to go, up by 16, looks like a win.

And LMAO at the Clippers announcers, basically saying even tho the rockets were leading with 4 to go, the Clips have to much talent to lose, lmao.

If we could get D. Wade we could get rid of Kyle Lowery, Shane Battier, Joey Dorsey, Chuck Hayes, and T-Mac; whatever we need to do to make the D. Wade deal work. I’m also for cutting Yao’s salary; he's not a super star, so why pay him super star money. If Yao wanted to go elsewhere I would let him go. I’m sure we could find a free agent center who wanted to be on a championship team. All this Rockets team is missing is a real super star someone who can create his own shot and make his team mates a little bit better (Yao is not this person).
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
And the domination of LeBron's Cavs continues. Ifr he really wanted to be on a team that could contend every year he'd forget NY and come to Houston. No stars and still winning games. Ariza has been better than I thought, Landry is becoming what I said he'd be, and Brooks continues to improve. Imagine if we actually had a superstar.
And the domination of LeBron's Cavs continues. Ifr he really wanted to be on a team that could contend every year he'd forget NY and come to Houston. No stars and still winning games. Ariza has been better than I thought, Landry is becoming what I said he'd be, and Brooks continues to improve. Imagine if we actually had a superstar.

Yeah we have a solid team in Place I would to love land D-Wade or Bron next year, probably wont happen but just imagine. I think we got a shot a DWade, he already has a ring, he could come here make TAX-FREE money and make this team his.

Brooks/Landry
Wade/Battier
Ariza/Budinger
Scola/Landry
Yao/Hayes/Anderson
BTW, regarding your cap space this summer, if I were a Rocket fan I'd be PRAYING that they didn't waste it on Chris Bosh.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
BTW, regarding your cap space this summer, if I were a Rocket fan I'd be PRAYING that they didn't waste it on Chris Bosh.

I hope not Scola is tougher on the block than Bosh. I like scola more than Bosch he is a Rox guy and Bosh isn't.
Share 49ersWebzone