LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 211 users in the forums

2009-2010 NBA General Discussion thread

• TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
TNT w/Chuck, Kenny and C-Webb = Best pre-game/halftime/post-game show in all of sports.

C Webb is terrible, at least he isn't coupled with that other side-mouth talking Payton like before. I swear I lost 100 IQ points listening to them brutalize the english language. But here you already have Kenny Smith and his NY accent, Barkley and his unique brand of english and now this mush mouth. Can we have at least one person who speaks normally?
Originally posted by TX9R:
TNT w/Chuck, Kenny and C-Webb = Best pre-game/halftime/post-game show in all of sports.

C Webb is terrible, at least he isn't coupled with that other side-mouth talking Payton like before. I swear I lost 100 IQ points listening to them brutalize the english language. But here you already have Kenny Smith and his NY accent, Barkley and his unique brand of english and now this mush mouth. Can we have at least one person who speaks normally?

I think C Webb is pretty good. At 1st he seemed a little stiff and couldn't find a place to fit in but know he's been pretty good. I understand everything they are saying clearly.

On a side note everybody keep your eyes on the Wizards. Wizards keep your eyes on that injury bug
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by TX9R:

I think C Webb is pretty good. At 1st he seemed a little stiff and couldn't find a place to fit in but know he's been pretty good. I understand everything they are saying clearly.

On a side note everybody keep your eyes on the Wizards. Wizards keep your eyes on that injury bug

I've been a big C-Webb fan since the Fab 5 days. Also, his timeout won me $300 in a March Madness pool. And I even had his back wit the Nellie-debacle. In fact, Spree came into my family hardware store during his choking suspension, and I even told him to his face that "I knew Nellie had to go when C-Webb was unhappy." He laughed and gave me a look like "we all got screwed on that one."

So as you see, I'm partial to C Webb.
I loved the Payton/Webber combo on NBATV, myself.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

At first I didn't like them. Maybe because they were not your typical TV guys. But then I realized how absolutely hilarious it was watching 2 guys up there that were just like regular guys talking trash and giving crazy opinions.

This.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

At first I didn't like them. Maybe because they were not your typical TV guys. But then I realized how absolutely hilarious it was watching 2 guys up there that were just like regular guys talking trash and giving crazy opinions.

Yeah, they realized who they were and they just rolled with it. You know how much I love the analytical side of basketball, but the thing is, most of the TV people that take that angle SUCK at it.

I'd rather hear two former players shoot the s**t about basketball than give me terrible analysis.

Yeah, they realized who they were and they just rolled with it. You know how much I love the analytical side of basketball, but the thing is, most of the TV people that take that angle SUCK at it.

I'd rather hear two former players shoot the s**t about basketball than give me terrible analysis.

Agreed.

And one of my favorite moments was when Barkley was saying about how non of them had rings. GP was like "WHAT?!? Who don't have a ring?!? I won one with Miami!!!"

Barkley was like "Yeah, but you know that don't count. You didn't do nothin' on that team."
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Oct 28, 2009 at 2:20 PM ]

Agreed.

And one of my favorite moments was when Barkley was saying about how non of them had rings. GP was like "WHAT?!? Who don't have a ring?!? I won one with Miami!!!"

Barkley was like "Yeah, but you know that don't count. You didn't do nothin' on that team."

There really is never a dull moment with those smack-talkers.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Originally posted by crzy:

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Cleveland is down 16 to Toronto late in the 1st half.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Cleveland is down 16 to Toronto late in the 1st half.

Share 49ersWebzone