There are 270 users in the forums

2009-2010 San Antonio Spurs thread

Originally posted by dobophile:
Where to start?

So last night I was at a wedding reception in South Beach and I got a text from my friend that she was going to hang with the Mavs at some club. So I put my girlfriend to bed and went with a couple girls to the club.

Luckily, I was able to get in, since I'm not a very cool person. My friend is friends with one of the Mavs trainers, so he met us and brought us back to this booth in a roped-off area.

The first person I saw was a 7 foot tall German with dangerous elbows. He was more interested in my friends, understandably, but he was nice enough to shake my hand. Whatever.

So I start chatting with the trainer. Mark Cuban walks over and introduces himself to me. Really, really friendly guy. He tells me to enjoy myself. So I do, which is why I'm still drunk as I type this.

Here are some highlights:

- Eduardo Najera is f**king hysterical. He was repeatedly slapping Dirk in the face throughout the night. He was a complete savage with the ladies, pulling skirts up and grabbing boobs and such.

- Dirk was obliterated. Falling down drunk. He fell into several people and at one point knocked the table over and probably wasted thousands in vodka and champagne.

- Dirk and Najera were almost inseparable. They were doing this stupid faceslap/wrestling thing for hours. During one of their little skirmishes I caught a Najera elbow to the chin. He almost Ginobili'd me. I thought, what an ass, but he was very apologetic. And I was drinking for free, so I couldn't really complain.

- I left the booth at one point to chat with one of my friends, and when I came back Dirk and Najera were in my way. I tried to push my way through, Dirk didn't budge but Najera was with it enough to notice. He made some space and lifted me up like a lady to the booth. I felt so small.

- Mark Cuban is partier.

- JJ Barea is short in person, too.

- No one seemed to notice Beaubois.

- I left the club at 5, when it was me, Dirk, Najera, my friend, and some other girl. It was time for me to leave as the fifth wheel. My friend and Dirk were holding each other up. I hugged her and asked if she was OK. Dirk looked at me like he wanted to kill me. I shook his hand and bid him adieu.

There's more, but I'm starting to get a headache. I'm going to sleep some more.

Sweet!! We got the insiders view of the next pro athlete sex scandal.
I love that Najera picked you up.

I feel like a homophobe who discovers he likes cock. So many conflicting emotions right now.

Oh, the point: I like these guys. They had no reason to be nice to me, since I'm not a girl. But they were friendly and generous and likable. That's why it was pretty epic.

I feel like a homophobe who discovers he likes cock. So many conflicting emotions right now.

Sorry I didn't take pics, so don't ask. I guess you have to take my word. And f the Mavs.

This is the most important part to me.

Also, at Najera picking you up. Did he lift you under your arms, like a baby?
I was just thinking...you absolutely should have tried to cockblock Dirk. I think this is a rare exception to this Man Law. If I'm randomly out partying with Paul Pierce and he's trying to nail my friend...I'm feigning injury, emotional crisis, whatever...but I am NOT letting Pierce hit that without some level of passive-aggressive resistance. I don't care how nice he is.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I was just thinking...you absolutely should have tried to cockblock Dirk. I think this is a rare exception to this Man Law. If I'm randomly out partying with Paul Pierce and he's trying to nail my friend...I'm feigning injury, emotional crisis, whatever...but I am NOT letting Pierce hit that without some level of passive-aggressive resistance. I don't care how nice he is.

I think I have to agree here. Then again, Najera probably would have given you a fierce noogie and made you hit yourself.
Originally posted by pantstickle:

I think I have to agree here. Then again, Najera probably would have given you a fierce noogie and made you hit yourself.

I'm laughing hysterically right now. Stop hitting yourself, dobo! Stop hitting yourself!

I'm laughing hysterically right now. Stop hitting yourself, dobo! Stop hitting yourself!

dobo's loafers flailing about
  • marineguy56
  • Info N/A

Originally posted by marineguy56:

Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by marineguy56:

I guess we should say "Welcome back".
Well Spurs fans, where do we go from here?

Personally, I think we are missing 2 key elements and it has nothing to do with the age of Tim and Manu. I think those guys are fine as Tim was getting double-teamed and Manu was defended well by a very good defender: Grant Hill.

Weakness #1: Since Tim was getting double-teamed, meaning we got what we wanted from the Suns defense, then the problem lies in our perimeter shooting. We need a sharp shooter who can play solid team defense: Raja Bell??? I don't know how good is permeter shot is these days but the Richard Jefferson project was an ultimate fail. He has no heart.

Weakness #2: As solid as McDyss was for us, we truly need a 7-foot Center who can get some rebounds. Tim needs help and we got torched on rebounds in this series along with quite a few games in the regular season. I think this is the toughest component to add. Maybe we can get Oden and resurrect is career that never was.

We are extremely solid at both Guard positions with Parker and emerging Hill. We are very solid at the Forward position with Blair/Duncan/Manu.

We need Center (hard to find) and Sharpshooter (easy to find).
Share 49ersWebzone