There are 181 users in the forums

Presidents Cup Tips

Hey, Zoners,

Some buddies and I have Sunday tickets to the Presidents Cup golf tournament at Harding Park in SF. I'm starting this thread, as a place for anyone else who is also going, to post info that might help or interest the rest of us, who are going.

For example, any recommended places to watch the matches? Any places to avoid? Any particular player, who is especially fun to follow around the course? Any good spot to buy lunch? Any particular entry gate where there are no lines to get in?

We've read the online "Spectator Tips" and have a good map, but I expect that anyone who has actually been on-site this week, will have really helpful tips.

Here's a starter. I am hearing the ex-Pres Clinton is on-site for today's (Tuesday) practice round, so I would imagine that security, already very restrictive, will be especially tight today.

Thanks for posting your tips!
I live literally a quarter mile from there just up the street. I jog around that place every other day. I almost wanna go and see if I can get a glimpse at Tiger. Just curious, how much does it cost to get in?!?

[ Edited by silkyjohnson on Oct 6, 2009 at 18:58:51 ]
I went yesterday. $35. Security was actually not bad at all. We were one of the first groups of people to enter.

I'm not sure how the schedule works for the weekend, but if you get there early, a good spot to go to is the driving range. Get a good spot at or near the railing. I'd assume all the players will come out to hit balls and this is a great spot to see how the big boys hit. And you also will get a little more of the lighter side -- their interactions with each other, maybe with some fans, etc. Ex. a couple folks around me got Lucas Glover to show us his normal drive, fade, and hook. Pretty sweet.

I'm hearing it's going to be packed for the weekend so I don't know how much moving you can do. I'm sure with your map you can find a couple spots where you can see one group on a green and one group on a tee.

This was my first pro golf event so all watching all the guys was pretty cool. The Japanese kid Ryo Ishikawa has a sweet stroke. Unless you camp out at one hole all day, I wouldn't bet on seeing Tiger. Anthony Kim is strong as an ox.

They have a lot of facilities on site for the fans including a little food court with sandwiches, Morton's SteakHouse, other stuff. Expensive, but being out there for a while, you're gonna need something. Picked up a cheap hot dog, small bag of chips and a canned soda for $6. Sodas/Gatorade $4. Eat well before you go in is my advice.
You and your friends have failed. Your golf outing should have been on Thurs, Fri, or Sat, and then you all should have gone to the Niner game on sunday.
$35 huh? not bad

where can you get tickets??
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
I park right across the street in the SFSU parking garage every day. I walked up to the fence today to take a look, ton of people. Lots of cops too, not like they do anything though. I'm gonna take my camera tmrw and try to snap long range picks of some of the golfers.
I went Wednesday. Got to go to the hospitality suites and had breakfast with Kelly Tillgman from Golf Channel. She was really cool.

Followed Tiger and Stricker for the most part. Jordan was also walking with that group so that made it fun to watch.

I would go Sunday.. if I wasnt on the 50 for the Niner-Falcons game!
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
$35 huh? not bad

anyone? bueller?

i wish i was watching it now instead of working

$35 huh? not bad

anyone? bueller?

StubHub?
Originally posted by SacRock14:
$35 huh? not bad

anyone? bueller?

StubHub?

duh.. why didn't i look there? my bad

so much for $35 though.. those prices range from two to four hundred =(

Originally posted by SacRock14:
I went yesterday. $35. Security was actually not bad at all. We were one of the first groups of people to enter.

I'm not sure how the schedule works for the weekend, but if you get there early, a good spot to go to is the driving range. Get a good spot at or near the railing. I'd assume all the players will come out to hit balls and this is a great spot to see how the big boys hit. And you also will get a little more of the lighter side -- their interactions with each other, maybe with some fans, etc. Ex. a couple folks around me got Lucas Glover to show us his normal drive, fade, and hook. Pretty sweet.

I'm hearing it's going to be packed for the weekend so I don't know how much moving you can do. I'm sure with your map you can find a couple spots where you can see one group on a green and one group on a tee.

This was my first pro golf event so all watching all the guys was pretty cool. The Japanese kid Ryo Ishikawa has a sweet stroke. Unless you camp out at one hole all day, I wouldn't bet on seeing Tiger. Anthony Kim is strong as an ox.

They have a lot of facilities on site for the fans including a little food court with sandwiches, Morton's SteakHouse, other stuff. Expensive, but being out there for a while, you're gonna need something. Picked up a cheap hot dog, small bag of chips and a canned soda for $6. Sodas/Gatorade $4. Eat well before you go in is my advice.

Thanks, man, really helpful info.

The Sunday tee times start much earlier, 9:25, I believe, so we will try to get in a hearty breakfast before entering to keep the food bill managable.

Regarding tickets, KNBR radio has had broadcasters on-site since Tuesday, and they report that all tickets have already been sold. We paid over $100 a piece in a charity auction held some months ago, to get our tickets. I expect that there will be scalpers about, but expect to pay upwards of $200 per ticket, esp for the Sunday mano-a-mano duel.
I wish I would have gone to the Presidents' Cup instead of the f**king niners game!
Share 49ersWebzone