LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 392 users in the forums

***Utah Jazz 09-10 Thread*** 0-4

Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Quote:
Guard joins Utah from NBA Development League’s Idaho Stampede

SALT LAKE CITY (January 5, 2010) – Utah Jazz general manager Kevin O’Connor announced today that the team will sign guard Sundiata Gaines (pronounced sun-DEE-ah-tuh) of the NBA Development League’s Idaho Stampede to a 10-day contract pending the outcome of a successful physical on Wednesday, January 5. Gaines becomes the fourth D-League Call-Up to the NBA this season.

Gaines (6-1, 185, Georgia) is currently averaging 23.9 points, 4.7 rebounds and 6.9 assists through 14 games with Idaho this season. Gaines, who has led the Stampede to a 9-5 record, currently ranks fifth in the D-League in scoring, third in assists and third in steals (2.29). The guard has scored a season-high 31 points on four occasions and dished a season-high 12 assists twice. Gaines was named the D-League’s Co-Performer of the Week for games played during the first 10 days of the season after averaging a league-leading 27.0 points while shooting 60 percent (38-of-63) from the field and handing out 8.3 assists.

The Jamaica, New York, native was selected by the Idaho Stampede in the first round (15th overall) of the 2009 D-League Draft. He spent the 2008-09 campaign in Italy with NGC Cantu, averaging 13.1 points, 3.4 rebounds and 2.5 assists in 30 games. A 2008 graduate of the University of Georgia, Gaines spent four seasons with the Bulldogs averaging 11.9 points, 5.4 rebounds and 3.8 assists. The guard led Georgia to the 2008 Southeastern Conference (SEC) men’s basketball title.

Well lets see what the kid can do I guess.

10 day contract. I'm not expecting much. I'm just waiting to hear any news about a trade going down. At the very least, I'd like to make some cap moves so we have money to spend next off-season. right now, our team is a joke. All that talent, and they don't play well together.
Originally posted by saniner:
Quote:
Guard joins Utah from NBA Development League’s Idaho Stampede

SALT LAKE CITY (January 5, 2010) – Utah Jazz general manager Kevin O’Connor announced today that the team will sign guard Sundiata Gaines (pronounced sun-DEE-ah-tuh) of the NBA Development League’s Idaho Stampede to a 10-day contract pending the outcome of a successful physical on Wednesday, January 5. Gaines becomes the fourth D-League Call-Up to the NBA this season.

Gaines (6-1, 185, Georgia) is currently averaging 23.9 points, 4.7 rebounds and 6.9 assists through 14 games with Idaho this season. Gaines, who has led the Stampede to a 9-5 record, currently ranks fifth in the D-League in scoring, third in assists and third in steals (2.29). The guard has scored a season-high 31 points on four occasions and dished a season-high 12 assists twice. Gaines was named the D-League’s Co-Performer of the Week for games played during the first 10 days of the season after averaging a league-leading 27.0 points while shooting 60 percent (38-of-63) from the field and handing out 8.3 assists.

The Jamaica, New York, native was selected by the Idaho Stampede in the first round (15th overall) of the 2009 D-League Draft. He spent the 2008-09 campaign in Italy with NGC Cantu, averaging 13.1 points, 3.4 rebounds and 2.5 assists in 30 games. A 2008 graduate of the University of Georgia, Gaines spent four seasons with the Bulldogs averaging 11.9 points, 5.4 rebounds and 3.8 assists. The guard led Georgia to the 2008 Southeastern Conference (SEC) men’s basketball title.

Well lets see what the kid can do I guess.

10 day contract. I'm not expecting much. I'm just waiting to hear any news about a trade going down. At the very least, I'd like to make some cap moves so we have money to spend next off-season. right now, our team is a joke. All that talent, and they don't play well together.

Seriously I wanna see a couple trades before the deadline to mix things up a bit. We're not the Western Conference Final team we were a couple years ago even though we aren't much different. Its embarrassing.
Yeah we got a win!!! With D-Will out we got a lot of great contributions out of CJ, Matthews, and even Price. Brewer had a sick windmill tonight too.
This isn't a real rumor. Just curious to hear your opinion on...

Kenny Thomas (expires 2010) and Andres Nocioni (expires 2012) for Andrei Kirilenko (expires 2011) and a 1st round pick

Jazz save about 9-10 million and get Nocioni, who seems like a Sloan guy.
Kings pick up Kirilenko's deal for next season and get a 1st rounder.
Originally posted by SacRock14:

Kenny Thomas (expires 2010) and Andres Nocioni (expires 2012) for Andrei Kirilenko (expires 2011) and a 1st round pick

Ugh Thomas is garbage and Nocioni peaked with the Bulls a few years ago in my opinion. Theres just not enough there for the Jazz. The Kings get a a great defensive player with ok offensive skills and a 1st round pick. We save a ton of money which is great for this summer but to be honest how many of the free agent superstars are gonna want to come to Utah? It just doesn't work for Utah in the short term or long term.

Ugh Thomas is garbage and Nocioni peaked with the Bulls a few years ago in my opinion. Theres just not enough there for the Jazz. The Kings get a a great defensive player with ok offensive skills and a 1st round pick. We save a ton of money which is great for this summer but to be honest how many of the free agent superstars are gonna want to come to Utah? It just doesn't work for Utah in the short term or long term.

Thanks. I was under the impression that Utah just had to cut salary, not in order to free up cap room for free agents but to just save the organization money.

Thanks. I was under the impression that Utah just had to cut salary, not in order to free up cap room for free agents but to just save the organization money.

Well they didn't want to pay the luxary tax this year and the Harpring and Maynor trade to Oklahoma City helped a lot with that, but I think you are right to a point and they may try to get someone else off of the salary. Not sure if AK would be one but I could see Korver being available since he does have an expiring contract.
Of course we'd lose.
Finally a win over a quality opponent. Hopefully this gets the guys playing harder and most importantly...better!

Wes Matthews and Ronnie Brewer for the Dunk Contest!
Okur had 5 blocks and Booze decided to show up. Holy s**t! Hopefully with AK back in the starting 5 there will be more consistency although I wish Ronnie would get out of his shooting slump. He hasn't been able to make anything all year. Wes Matthews had another great game with 18 points and continues to be one of the biggest surprises of the year.
Fantastic win even though we lost D-Will and AK to injury. Hopefully they won't miss too much time especially Williams, but it looks like Gaines is probably gonna stick with the team. He's been another nice surprise for us. Also are we the only team to beat the Cavs, Lakers, Magic, and Mavs? If so thats pretty cool. Now we just gotta stay consistent.
Quote:
Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko says that he wants to re-sign with the team when he hits the free agent market in the summer of 2011.

"Definitely the Jazz is going to be my priority," Kirilenko told FanHouse. "From the city standpoint to the team standpoint, because you get used to being here. It's very hard to change when you're getting older. So definitely the Jazz is going to be my priority."

His priority represents a huge turnaround as Kirilenko was quoted in September 2007 in the Russian newspaper Sport Express as wanting to give up the then $63 million remaining on his contract to play in Europe.

Now, Kirilenko, who will earn $16.45 million this season, is willing to lower his asking price to remain in Utah.

"I don't think the money is going to be an issue," he said. "I understand that I look at the world realistically. I understand my value is going to be a little lower than it is right now. I'm not worried about that. Money has never been an issue. It's good to have a good contract and money. But my priority is basketball."

Wow I'm honestly very surprised with Andrei here. I thought for sure he'd leave Utah in a heartbeat to another NBA team or to go back to Russia but if he's willing to take a drastic pay cut then I'd gladly have him finish his career in Utah.
Wow. Utah looking really good right now. Let's see if they can finish it off...

And Andrei Kirilenko! Finally! Been waiting for a game like this all season! (for fantasy hoops purposes )
Share 49ersWebzone