There are 198 users in the forums

***Utah Jazz 09-10 Thread*** 0-4

Originally posted by KRS-1:
Here's hoping my Cavs manhandle ya'll tonight. And here's hoping that Andy does not get brutally attacked again at home like he did in Miami 2 nights ago by Flash.

Most likely, we're probably not gonna have D-Will but who knows maybe we'll shock the world. Definitely not looking good though.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Here's hoping my Cavs manhandle ya'll tonight. And here's hoping that Andy does not get brutally attacked again at home like he did in Miami 2 nights ago by Flash.

Most likely, we're probably not gonna have D-Will but who knows maybe we'll shock the world. Definitely not looking good though.

Glad you're confident because I'm not

lol I guess it will just depend on how the posts do for us. Okur, Booze, and Millsap have to step up big again tonight and if Maynor can do what he did last night at point we should at least stay in the game.
Quote:
SALT LAKE CITY (November 13, 2009) – The following statement was issued by Deron Williams a short time ago.
“I would like to thank Mrs. Miller, Greg Miller and Coach Sloan for allowing me to return to Utah to be with my wife and children today. Yesterday, one of my daughters underwent a procedure in the hospital to address some health concerns. There are still unanswered questions and the doctors have been running more in-depth tests throughout the day today. My daughter’s health is very important to my wife and I and it is important I remain in Salt Lake City as we monitor the situation. We both appreciate the support of the fans, the Jazz organization and my teammates. I will return to the court as soon as possible.” - Deron Williams

Geeze I hope everything is alright this sounds pretty serious.

lol I guess it will just depend on how the posts do for us. Okur, Booze, and Millsap have to step up big again tonight and if Maynor can do what he did last night at point we should at least stay in the game.

Almost had ya. Only dressing 9 players sucks though, but Maynor did a great job in his 2nd start with 24 pts. We gotta get healthy though.
This Williams/Maynor combo is gonna be fun to watch during the rest of the season. Maynor has really come into his own in the last few games.
This Williams/Maynor combo is gonna be fun to watch during the rest of the season. Maynor has really come into his own in the last few games.

I agree. The only problem I see is that when we get healthy again, his minutes might go down, as well as Matthews.
Originally posted by saniner:

I agree. The only problem I see is that when we get healthy again, his minutes might go down, as well as Matthews.

Yeah they probably will especially Matthews but I think Sloan will have Maynor penciled in as the backup point guard from now on instead of Ronnie Price. I don't have a problem with Price but I can see already that Maynor is the better player and the one who will contribute a lot more to this team. Hopefully AK keeps playing like he has been as well off the bench.
FINALLY!!!! Took 10 years and a 20 game losing streak but we beat the Spurs in San Antonio! I was beginning to think we never would again. Great job by Booze and D-Will to close it out at the end.
Finally above .500 even if it took overtime to do it!

• Dino
  • Veteran

f**k the pistons
Originally posted by Dino:

f**k the pistons

Hell yeah!
Well it looks like the Jazz are finally getting in sync with each other. Its their 3rd straight double digit win. Brewer finally broke out for a good game with 25 points and Booze almost had a triple double with 24 points 15 rebounds and 7 assists. D-Will added 22 and 6, and the rook Matthews had a great game with 17 points and 5 assists. I'm starting to see why Sloan kept him around he's been a great surprise for us so far and definitely deserves to be starting.
Quote:
Jazz forward Matt Harpring is still out with ankle and knee injuries, but isn't ready to retire.

Harpring told FanHouse on Tuesday that he expects Utah to release a statement later this week or early next week on his status with the club.

Even though he isn't going to retire, his time with the Jazz may be coming to an end.

"I would love to play," Harpring said of this season.

He declined to answer when asked if he will be physically able to play this season.

Sorry Harp but its time for you to go. Thanks for the great years of service though!
I'm starting to think he's never going to retire.
Quote:
SALT LAKE CITY -- Jazz coach Jerry Sloan has signed a deal to return next year for his 23rd season as Utah's head coach.

The team announced the deal Wednesday.

The 67-year-old Sloan, inducted into the Hall of Fame in September, is the longest-tenured active coach in major professional sports.

He's also the longest-tenured coach in NBA history and helped the Jazz reach consecutive NBA Finals in 1997-98. Last season, he became the first NBA coach to win 1,000 games with one franchise.
Share 49ersWebzone