LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 299 users in the forums

***Utah Jazz 09-10 Thread*** 0-4

Man that was a GREAT game! AGAIN! We took over in the third, and easily won. I'm not sleeping on Denver though, but I really hope we can keep this up!
Up 3-1!! Fun game tonight. Deron played really well, Boozer shot well, and Fes was really clogging up the middle.

Did anyone make out what that guy yelled out at JR Smith? something like "hey JR, congratulations on your..."

Also Boozer making up a word after the game. "Compoised"
Originally posted by saniner:
Up 3-1!! Fun game tonight. Deron played really well, Boozer shot well, and Fes was really clogging up the middle.

Did anyone make out what that guy yelled out at JR Smith? something like "hey JR, congratulations on your..."

Also Boozer making up a word after the game. "Compoised"

That was hilarious. I did hear that guy that yelled at JR I laughed pretty hard on that too. f**king great game though I was getting nervous as hell in the 4th quarter when they made those runs. Booze and D-Will are amazing in his series. Besides the greatjob Fes has done in this series I gotta give props to to CJ and Wes as well. They have to go against one of the best players in the game but they've managed to do a great job on Melo. Those charges and offensive fouls they've been getting on Melo have been HUGE for this series, and they deserve a ton of credit. Also that shot by Kosta was awesome. hahaha
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Quote:
Jazz forward Carlos Boozer was surprised by news that coach Jerry Sloan had yet to decide who would be the team's starting power forward.

Sloan is still deciding between incumbent Boozer and Paul Millsap.

"I feel like I'm the starter," Boozer told the Deseret News on Sunday. "I think I've earned that. That's the only role I've been in my whole career."

The two-time All-Star has started each game he's played in four of his five seasons in Utah.

"I think it's great to have competition," he added. "You know, I think Paul is very good. I guess if we are competing, then we're competing for it. But I feel like I am the starter."

Boozer, who opted into the final year of his contract this summer before appearing to angle for a trade, said that last season's injury shouldn't be held against him.

"Obviously me being hurt, that hurt us a little bit. I think if I was healthy we'd have a higher seed (than eighth in the Western Conference) in the playoffs," he said. "But, at the same time, maybe it does (have an impact on his status).

"You know, I can't control having knee surgery. I had to have it. I tried to avoid it, but I had to have it," added Boozer, who first sustained a quadriceps injury and later underwent arthroscopic knee surgery. "So if it affects me from that respect then that's (Sloan's) decision."

Boozer added that while he wants to start, he'd yield some minutes to Millsap if it meant the Jazz would win more games.

Via Deseret News

I'm truly shocked that Sloan would make it an open competition for the PF job and I can see this causing problems around midseason if Carlos isn't traded.

Why? Boozer just needs to shut his ass up. Tony Parker isn't starting and you don't hear him crying like a little girl. Ginobli never cried when he went back to sixth man. It's obvious winning isn't in Boozer's mentality. If it was, he would have never left Lebron James.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Quote:
Jazz forward Carlos Boozer was surprised by news that coach Jerry Sloan had yet to decide who would be the team's starting power forward.

"I feel like I'm the starter," Boozer told the Deseret News on Sunday. "I think I've earned that. That's the only role I've been in my whole career."

The two-time All-Star has started each game he's played in four of his five seasons in Utah.

"I think it's great to have competition," he added. "You know, I think Paul is very good. I guess if we are competing, then we're competing for it. But I feel like I am the starter."

Boozer, who opted into the final year of his contract this summer before appearing to angle for a trade, said that last season's injury shouldn't be held against him.

"Obviously me being hurt, that hurt us a little bit. I think if I was healthy we'd have a higher seed (than eighth in the Western Conference) in the playoffs," he said. "But, at the same time, maybe it does (have an impact on his status).

"You know, I can't control having knee surgery. I had to have it. I tried to avoid it, but I had to have it," added Boozer, who first sustained a quadriceps injury and later underwent arthroscopic knee surgery. "So if it affects me from that respect then that's (Sloan's) decision."

Boozer added that while he wants to start, he'd yield some minutes to Millsap if it meant the Jazz would win more games.

Via Deseret News

I'm truly shocked that Sloan would make it an open competition for the PF job and I can see this causing problems around midseason if Carlos isn't traded.

Why? Boozer just needs to shut his ass up. Tony Parker isn't starting and you don't hear him crying like a little girl. Ginobli never cried when he went back to sixth man. It's obvious winning isn't in Boozer's mentality. If it was, he would have never left Lebron James.

Why are you bringing up things from like October? Its already been settled who is the starter and Boozer has been awesome for us this year. And f**k Lebron no one wants to be in Cleveland even with him there.
Quote:

Via Deseret News

Why are you bringing up things from like October? Its already been settled who is the starter and Boozer has been awesome for us this year. And f**k Lebron no one wants to be in Cleveland even with him there.

lol no AK or Okur and we start winning....addition by subtraction somehow? i love those guys, but im not sure its a coincidence.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Quote:

Via Deseret News

lol no AK or Okur and we start winning....addition by subtraction somehow? i love those guys, but im not sure its a coincidence.

I was thinking the same thing. If we do win this series though we're gonna need AK against Durant or Kobe/Artest. Miles' offensive game is great and his defense is improving but he got killed by Durant this year and the Lakers just kinda own us. AK's defensive presence will be sorely needed.
Well tonight sucked. Just sloppy play right off the bat.
Good riddance Melo and the rest of the P.O.S. Thuggets! I hope you enjoy the extra time off. Now you can add on to your DUI and tattoo collection!

I hope Deron's arm is ok. The amount of pain he was in isn't comforting right now.
Matthews really stepped up in this game! It's great that an undrafted rookie was taking our technical free throws at the end. Sucks he didn't make the nba rookie team.

Millsap, Boozer, Matthews all had great games! Even Price picked up some of the slack from Deron. I really hope he is ok. To get hurt that late in a game would be a huge loss for us

Matthews really stepped up in this game! It's great that an undrafted rookie was taking our technical free throws at the end. Sucks he didn't make the nba rookie team.

Millsap, Boozer, Matthews all had great games! Even Price picked up some of the slack from Deron. I really hope he is ok. To get hurt that late in a game would be a huge loss for us

It was such bulls**t. 10 seconds to go and the game is lost and you're setting a hard screen? f**k Chris Anderson the piece of s**t. Matthews not being on the 2nd NBA rookie team was bulls**t as well. He deserves it a lot more then Johnny Flynn. I've already decided the next Jazz jersey I get will be a Matthews jersey. He has impressed me so much this year and just blew away all my expectations. He deserves to get paid and I hope he does. Price was awesome as well I knew he was actually gonna put up some numbers the moment he made that contested three.

Fes and Kosta are gonna have to step up though. Fes has been horrible lately and Kosta was just a mess out there. You can tell they're both nervous as hell but I hope they get their stuff together for the Lakers.
Doesn't seem too serious, from Utah Jazz's twitter:
Quote:
Deron Williams has a bruised left elbow suffered on a collision with Chris Andersen in the final minute.
Quote:
Deron Williams has a bruised left elbow suffered on a collision with Chris Andersen in the final minute.

Man that's a relief! He needs to pretty much carry us if we want to win against the lakers. We need our bigs to step up. Hopefully Fes or Koufus will man up against Gasol and Odom. Those 2 seem to always give us problems. Anyway it should be an exciting series as always!
Quote:

Man that's a relief! He needs to pretty much carry us if we want to win against the lakers. We need our bigs to step up. Hopefully Fes or Koufus will man up against Gasol and Odom. Those 2 seem to always give us problems. Anyway it should be an exciting series as always!

Yeah I really hope Fes and Kosta can at least give Gasol, Odom and Bynum a hard time. The Lakers' length kills us every year and maybe if Fes and Kosta can distract them a bit we can get a few more shots in the paint then we've had hte last couple years.
i just saw the game results....is Williams alright?

im glad we won, but if anything is wrong with him, were toast.
Share 49ersWebzone