LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

***Utah Jazz 09-10 Thread*** 0-4

Hmmmm.....
Quote:
Maybe the convincing moment was when Jazz center Mehmet Okur crumpled to the floor after reinjuring his Achilles' tendon in the first half.

Or when C.J. Miles, the Jazz's leading scorer at the time, took a blow to the head and went to the bench early in the third quarter, suffering from nausea.

Or when Andrei Kirilenko was knocked out of this series with an injury during an informal practice.

Or when Carlos Boozer, now magically healed, could not play in the game that sentenced the Jazz to go on the road and face Denver in the playoffs.

link
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by sactomkiii:
damnit I forgot my Jazzfanz.com user name and pw....

How are they over there? I haven't been a member of a Jazz forum in years.

That's the most depressing board on Earth. People complain about how doom and gloom this board is.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by sactomkiii:
damnit I forgot my Jazzfanz.com user name and pw....

How are they over there? I haven't been a member of a Jazz forum in years.

That's the most depressing board on Earth. People complain about how doom and gloom this board is.

Ugh I think I'll pass then Niner Talk is bad enough.
Quote:
DENVER -- Utah Jazz general manager Kevin O'Connor says center Mehmet Okur has a torn left Achilles tendon and is out for the remainder of the playoffs.

Okur needs surgery and will likely miss the world championships this summer in his native Turkey. He flew home to Salt Lake City on Sunday after an MRI revealed the tear.

Okur was injured while driving to the basket in the first half of Utah's Game 1 loss at Denver on Saturday night. Before the game, he had taken a painkilling shot to treat his Achilles tendinitis, which he had been dealing with since April 7.

O'Connor said he doesn't believe the injection had anything to do with Okur tearing the tendon. Okur's right leg slipped as he was driving, shifting all his weight to his left leg, which twisted awkwardly as he fell to the floor.

Quote:
DENVER -- Utah Jazz general manager Kevin O'Connor says center Mehmet Okur has a torn left Achilles tendon and is out for the remainder of the playoffs.

Okur needs surgery and will likely miss the world championships this summer in his native Turkey. He flew home to Salt Lake City on Sunday after an MRI revealed the tear.

Okur was injured while driving to the basket in the first half of Utah's Game 1 loss at Denver on Saturday night. Before the game, he had taken a painkilling shot to treat his Achilles tendinitis, which he had been dealing with since April 7.

O'Connor said he doesn't believe the injection had anything to do with Okur tearing the tendon. Okur's right leg slipped as he was driving, shifting all his weight to his left leg, which twisted awkwardly as he fell to the floor.

Time for Fess and Millsap to step up. This is going to be tough to come back from. Hopefully these guys play a little meaner next game
Fesenko will be starting this next game. Lets see what the young kid can do, even though he'll play maybe 8 minutes
GO NUGS!
Originally posted by saniner:
Fesenko will be starting this next game. Lets see what the young kid can do, even though he'll play maybe 8 minutes

I'd rather Kosta get the start but whatever.

Please fall apart, Denver. Please.

Real tough game, so glad we came out on top. I almost lost it when DWill went to the locker room. He had a phenomenal game! We played Melo really well all game, and even got him to foul out. I'm gonna enjoy this now, and then in 3 days we go again!

Real tough game, so glad we came out on top. I almost lost it when DWill went to the locker room. He had a phenomenal game! We played Melo really well all game, and even got him to foul out. I'm gonna enjoy this now, and then in 3 days we go again!

Man I was at the gym when he went down and I think my heart skipped a beat. I just couldn't believe it. Great job defensively on Melo like you said and I gotta give credit to the bench. Korver was amazing tonight and clutch when we needed him. Millsap was solid, Jeffers and Kosta did a good job when Sloan asked them to step up. Fesenko was pretty good too although he needs to watch his fouls.

Man I was at the gym when he went down and I think my heart skipped a beat. I just couldn't believe it. Great job defensively on Melo like you said and I gotta give credit to the bench. Korver was amazing tonight and clutch when we needed him. Millsap was solid, Jeffers and Kosta did a good job when Sloan asked them to step up. Fesenko was pretty good too although he needs to watch his fouls.

Yeah, and he looked lost when the game started. Once he settles in he'll do better, but he kept losing his man and never got good positioning. He got better as the game went on. Solid effort though from every guy out there. They went all out all game.

Yeah, and he looked lost when the game started. Once he settles in he'll do better, but he kept losing his man and never got good positioning. He got better as the game went on. Solid effort though from every guy out there. They went all out all game.

Yeah he and Kosta both looked lost and confused the whole time it was kinda annoying especially when Kosta almost screwed up that inbound pass, but these guys just need more time. I'm really glad we can rest up the next few days though Deron definitely needs it.
Awesome win tonight!!! Crowd was amazing as usual probably the loudest crowd I've heard so far this year in the playoffs. Millsap was amazing in the first half if not for him I'm not sure if the result woulda been a win. Once agan Deron was great and limited his turnovers and Fes was surprsingly awesome although its always kinda frightening when he gets the ball.
[ Edited by NinerFanMT on Apr 23, 2010 at 11:19 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone