There are 224 users in the forums

The Official Thread for the 09-10 Phoenix Suns (54-28)

• ZRF80
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
I think our best 1st round match-up would be a Roy-less Blazer team at the 6th with us at the 3. They'll have to beat the Warriors in Portland to get there, and we'll have to win tonight and tomorrow night against the Jazz. It'll be tough but not impossible.

Here's to hoping Robin Lopez will be back at some point in the 1st round. We'll need his interior presence to have any hope of advancing past 2 rounds.

We'll have the advantage tonight playing at home + facing Denver on their back-to-back. Beating the Jazz on their home court will be another story, however......
  • lazy
  • Veteran
In the second half..I wouldn't be surprised if Anthony took all shots for the Denver Nuggets.
What an awesome display of ass kicking that was last night.

So here's the scenarios on possible opponents:

Phoenix 3rd seed, Spurs 6th seed: Suns beat Jazz, Blazers lose to Warriors, Spurs beat the Mavs

Phoenix 3rd seed, Blazers 6th seed: Suns beat Jazz, Blazers beat Warriors

Phoenix 4th seed, Nuggets 5th seed: Suns lose to Jazz

I'd love to see either of these three for the following reasons-

Spurs: To finally get over the hump on these guys. If we could do that, it would be the biggest psychological hurdle we could ask to overcome, and huge boost of confidence for our guys come the 2nd round.

Nuggets: Pwnage city. Only a comeback from a 17 point deficit (in December when our team was playing horrible ball) stopped us from sweeping the regular season match-up.

Blazers: The most beat-up team in the playoffs just lost their best player in Roy. They simply don't have the talent available to get out of the 1st round.
[ Edited by TheSixthRing on Apr 14, 2010 at 9:16 AM ]
  • lazy
  • Veteran
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
I saw a stat last night on ESPN that the Suns have made the playoffs in 17 of the past 20 years. Thats really impressive.

Good Luck in the playoffs

I think that the Suns have the fifth or sixth best winning percentage in the past twenty five years.
[ Edited by lazy on Apr 14, 2010 at 1:45 PM ]
Thank you for explaining all of that, Sixth. I was looking at the standings this morning and .

I actually hope you guys lose tonight so you can face Denver in the 1st Round (who you own), and then (hopefully) us in the 2nd.
Originally posted by lazy:
I saw a stat last night on ESPN that the Suns have made the playoffs in 17 of the past 20 years. Thats really impressive.

I think that the Suns have the fifth or sixth best winning percentage in the past twenty five years.

4th all-time behind the Lakers, Spurs and Celtics... and 0 rings to show for it.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lazy:

4th all-time behind the Lakers, Spurs and Celtics... and 0 rings to show for it.

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Thank you for explaining all of that, Sixth. I was looking at the standings this morning and .

I actually hope you guys lose tonight so you can face Denver in the 1st Round (who you own), and then (hopefully) us in the 2nd.

I'd like the win tonight, but facing the Nuggets in the 1st round wouldn't be a bad consolation prize.
Our bench is so f**king awesome!

• jrg
  • Veteran
Broke your record
Originally posted by jrg:
Broke your record

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
Broke your record

Orlando Magic set new single-season 3-point record

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP)—The Orlando Magic have set a record for most 3-pointers in a single season.

Vince Carter(notes) made the Magic’s 838th shot from beyond the arc Wednesday night just before halftime against the Philadelphia 76ers. That surpasses the mark of 837 set by the 2005-06 Phoenix Suns.

Carter’s shot from the corner just in front of the Magic’s bench came with 20.9 seconds remaining in the second quarter. It was also Orlando’s eighth 3-pointer of the game.

Carter’s shot make gave the Magic 2,231 attempts this season. The 2008-09 New York Knicks attempted a record 2,284 last season.
man the Suns are playing really good basketball right now, if they keep this up they are gonna make a deep playoff run
Well we're about to set a franchise record for 3-point accuracy, so you can have that most made record, we don't need it!
Share 49ersWebzone