This should help you:
http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/2001/05/2010-free-agents.html
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
anyone have the FA list?

This should help you:
http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/2001/05/2010-free-agents.html

thanks a lot of good 1B out there hopefully we can get huff or johnson
If the Giants do end up trading Cain, I would really want them to go after Rich Harden. I don't think he would cost a ton. Also, I'm surprised no one has been calling for us to sign Vlad. He had an off year also, and I think would be someone that could have a huge rebound next season if he stays healthy. Only problem is having two bad ball hitters back to back in the order, haha. I also like Hank Blalock as a suggestion for 1B. Not a whole lot to choose from though....
Originally posted by djb49:
I can see the monetary reason of why some want Bradley for Rowand, but why in the hell would we want a guy with character issues like him? So we go from a guy who is at best streaky yet a team player, to a guy that will complain and act out rather than produce?

Yes.. to save $21 million dollars. I think that makes it worth it dont you???

That's why I said I can understand the monetary reasons.. But Lincecum had stated earlier this season that he loves the team chemistry.. Now I know it obviously didn't get us to the post-season, but still, I would just be hoping year in year out that he keeps his mouth shut and just plays.. Something he can't seem to do..
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
If the Giants do end up trading Cain, I would really want them to go after Rich Harden. I don't think he would cost a ton. Also, I'm surprised no one has been calling for us to sign Vlad. He had an off year also, and I think would be someone that could have a huge rebound next season if he stays healthy. Only problem is having two bad ball hitters back to back in the order, haha. I also like Hank Blalock as a suggestion for 1B. Not a whole lot to choose from though....

Having watched a LOT of Angels games I would not want to sign Vlad. I saw a real decline at the plate and I dont think he can play in the OF everyday. I just cannot see him going to the National League in any way. He will be a DH next year.
I can see the monetary reason of why some want Bradley for Rowand, but why in the hell would we want a guy with character issues like him? So we go from a guy who is at best streaky yet a team player, to a guy that will complain and act out rather than produce?

Yes.. to save $21 million dollars. I think that makes it worth it dont you???

That's why I said I can understand the monetary reasons.. But Lincecum had stated earlier this season that he loves the team chemistry.. Now I know it obviously didn't get us to the post-season, but still, I would just be hoping year in year out that he keeps his mouth shut and just plays.. Something he can't seem to do..

if lincecum likes the team chemistry then lets see how longer can he go until he goes crazy with this anemic offense trying to get him runs.
The "Thank You, F You, and Meh" Lists for 2009

Thank You

Pablo Sandoval: What an asset this guy became. On the field...an amazing rise to stardom, maturation in plate discipline, ability to play at least 2 positions with great defense. Off the field...a leader that sets the tone for the whole club house.

Juan Uribe: Went from battling Rich Aurilia for a spot on the roster to our cleanup hitter in the most crucial games. Provided a huge spark, producing his best numbers when the games mattered most. A positive attitude in the club house with no gripes when playing time was short.

Andres Torres: Didn't expect much from him coming into the year, but he turned into a keeper. All out hustle, effort, speed, and surprisingly, pop. Gamer.

Eugenio Velez: Probably the biggest spark plug of the season. We couldn't figure out the leadoff spot or 2nd base position, and here comes this guy most of us left for dead to save the day. Ignited this team over the summer.

Tim and Matt: Our young guns. Sometimes we kinda took for granted the effort these guys put out, maybe bemoaning an outing where they gave up more than 2 runs. It's just a shame we didn't get to put our 2 up against the best in the playoffs and see what happened.

Jeremy Affeldt: Everyday Affeldt. Try to think of a game where he got hit around? Yeah, I can't think of one either. The rock of our bullpen. Always getting the clutch DP or K when needed.

Brian Wilson: From Cardiac Wilson to one of the best closers in baseball. Untouchable after the all-star break and a vital piece to our bullpen if we want to compete for a championship.

F You

Aaron Rowand: The most undisciplined hitter I've seen in SF in the last decade. The Rowand special -- take two pitches right down the pipe, then chase a pitch four feet outside for strike 3. Huge disappointment. .218 post all-star break. Thanks.

Merkin Valdez: Keep waiting and waiting and waiting for this guy to figure it out, but I'm done waiting. He throws hard, but can't pitch. He's now 28 years old. It's time for another year at Fresno or just cut bait.

Randy Winn: Hate to do it, because I respect Randy Winn a lot, but WTF was that? From a money performer to a complete waste of a hitter in one season. Ground ball after ground ball after ground ball.

Kevin Frandsen: Plenty of opportunities given to this guy. He responds with a .140 average, a poor attitude upon demotion, and a failure to execute at crucial times (i.e. bunting). I'm ready to close the door.

Justin Miller: I just can't get that Monday night in Colorado out of my head where he forgot how to pitch. Cost us the game in what turned out to be the turning point of our season.

Meh

Edgar Renteria: I know I'm in the minority here, but I just don't believe Eddie was healthy at all this year. Can't defend his season or his contract, but I'm hoping he recovers over the offseason, because like it or not, he'll be on this team next season. Also, he delivered the biggest hit of our season and for that, it's hard for me to hate him.

Barry Zito: I've been a supporter of Zito through thick and thin and it was gratifying to see him finally come alive, but he's got to put it together for a whole season. He'll never live up to that deal, but we need him to become a solid 3/4 starter.

I can't wait to be back in the playoffs -- Sorry for the long post.
Just a question why do you guys assume that the Brewers has interest on Cain for Fielder. I am just curious I am a giants fan btw.
Originally posted by nothing03:
Just a question why do you guys assume that the Brewers has interest on Cain for Fielder. I am just curious I am a giants fan btw.

They need starting pitching BADLY and Fielder is going to cost a fortune to extend or re-sign after 2010. I don't know specifically if they're interested in Cain, but to have a young stud like him under contract for the next few years (which he is) would be a huge plus for them...the alternative is for them to let Fielder walk after 2010.

Very few teams can afford to trade a young, proven pitcher like Cain....we can, so that deal (with 1-2 more prospects) makes sense for both sides.

Having watched a LOT of Angels games I would not want to sign Vlad. I saw a real decline at the plate and I dont think he can play in the OF everyday. I just cannot see him going to the National League in any way. He will be a DH next year.

He was playing hurt for a lot of the year. I think he could still cover LF and is only 34 years old. I think it would be a perfect time to try and buy low on him. The only thing that really worries me is having two hitters that swing at everything batting next to each other.

• Riot
  • Veteran
I think we should trade all our best prospects for old decrepit bats on the downside of their careers.
Originally posted by Riot:
I think we should trade all our best prospects for old decrepit bats on the downside of their careers.

Too late, already did some of that.

He was playing hurt for a lot of the year. I think he could still cover LF and is only 34 years old. I think it would be a perfect time to try and buy low on him. The only thing that really worries me is having two hitters that swing at everything batting next to each other.

ummm, didn' we have that this year?
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoFD74:
Originally posted by nothing03:

They need starting pitching BADLY and Fielder is going to cost a fortune to extend or re-sign after 2010. I don't know specifically if they're interested in Cain, but to have a young stud like him under contract for the next few years (which he is) would be a huge plus for them...the alternative is for them to let Fielder walk after 2010.

Very few teams can afford to trade a young, proven pitcher like Cain....we can, so that deal (with 1-2 more prospects) makes sense for both sides.

Ugh, No we can't.

Zito and Sanchez are still way too inconsistent to pick up Cain's slack.

Penny likely may not re-sign.

Sabean has already said Bumgarner needs some seasoning in Fresno.

Then if you factor in the loss of Cain's reliable 200 innings that puts more pressure and work on our bullpen.

I know everyone wants a power hitter, but trading Cain is not the way to go about it.

[ Edited by Hopper on Oct 7, 2009 at 21:54:52 ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
BTW Cain alone is likely not going to get you Fielder. We'll have to add more and I'll definitely pass on that.

But if we trade Cain period, this team will regress guaranteed.
Share 49ersWebzone