LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 409 users in the forums

SF Giants Off Season Thread

BigRon - are the Giants done with new talent for the season?

We still don't have a decent Nr.5

BS hoping someone will come out of the heap he signed the last 2 weeks?

Does Todd Wellemeyer has a jump on everybody else for that spot?
Originally posted by RogerCraig:

I can answer this for you. The Giants wont be adding anyone else. The guys they have now will be it. Dont hold your breath on signing anyone in the next 2 weeks.

I would think that Wellemeyer would be the favorite to be the 5th starter if he has a good spring. I am convinced that they do not want Madison to start the season in SF.

But we have 7 decent #6 hitters. I just read a stat that the 09 giants had the worst on base percentage in 6 years.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I can answer this for you. The Giants wont be adding anyone else. The guys they have now will be it. Dont hold your breath on signing anyone in the next 2 weeks.

I would think that Wellemeyer would be the favorite to be the 5th starter if he has a good spring. I am convinced that they do not want Madison to start the season in SF.

I agree with John. Madison should start the season in Fresno but if the number 5 is iffy come June, I expect to see him prior to the All Star Break. I can't see any other signings in the near future. Any money the Giants have left will not be spent now, but rather in August if we are contending.
You know what? I just remembered Molina hitting a triple last season while I was at the game and that stadium went absolute nuts!

I know, random, I just hope to see that again this season
Originally posted by Conejo:
You know what? I just remembered Molina hitting a triple last season while I was at the game and that stadium went absolute nuts!

molina is the only guy in the world who could hit a ball into triples alley and damn near get thrown out at first.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

haha he only had 1 last year and only has 5 in his 12 year career. I watched a lot of Giants games last year and not sure if i remember that one. But that would be awesome to see. Probably required like 3 fielding errors
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

haha he only had 1 last year and only has 5 in his 12 year career. I watched a lot of Giants games last year and not sure if i remember that one. But that would be awesome to see. Probably required like 3 fielding errors

I'm pretty sure it was a night game, and I'm pretty sure there was at least 1 fielding error, but he hit it in the triple's alley neighborhood
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

I'm pretty sure it was a night game, and I'm pretty sure there was at least 1 fielding error, but he hit it in the triple's alley neighborhood

Haha i have too many images of when it should be a clear double and then i remember its Bengie and he almost gets thrown out at 1st
What the f**k I thought we locked Timmy up for 2 more years???

http://www.mercurynews.com/giants/ci_14378597?source=rss&nclick_check=1

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
What the f**k I thought we locked Timmy up for 2 more years???

http://www.mercurynews.com/giants/ci_14378597?source=rss&nclick_check=1

? That's from 2 days ago.
do you think Lincecum still hasnt cut his hair?

Could you imagine it being to like the middle of his back? With his violent motion it would look awesome.
Originally posted by skeetskeet:

Could you imagine it being to like the middle of his back? With his violent motion it would look awesome.

I'll give you a violent motion.
Originally posted by skeetskeet:

He said he trimmed it when he got his CY because it looked unhealthy. So i imagine its still long, but not longer.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
So why is everybody avoiding Jermaine Dye?

Is he the Adam Dunn of this offseason?
Share 49ersWebzone