There are 188 users in the forums

Oakland A's Offseason Thread

Site now lists Feliz at 6'3" 180 which is an inch/20 lbs smaller than his first measurements that were listed last week when he signed.

Well hopefully a week from now we don't hear he isn't really 16.
I would try to go for as even split between pitchers and hitters as possible without all that coliseum foul territory. I don't know how the dimensions of the park would be, likely similar to the one we have now at least considering that San Jose doesn't have the fog effect that Oakland has. The Coliseum is actually surprisingly hitting friendly in the day and summer without the bay effect.

This was one of the images of Cisco Field when it was the Fremont plan.

Course these are just probably the first SKETCHES and or PICS and not the real thing but you can see the distances of the walls.

320 down the line at RF.

410 basically straight away CF.

No distance # from LF as it didn't show the whole park on the left side.

Course if the park is built in SJ, you gotta think it'll be different just because it's on a small parcel of land while you could've build a park in Fremont and made up your own distances for the park because there wouldnt' be any restrictions due to the parcel size you're building the park on like it would be in SJ and heck even Oakland compared to the massive land they would've build on in Fremont.
Plus there won't be that stupid ballpark village.
Well if the A's build a park, I think there will be a ball park village be it in SJ or Fremont, but if it's in SJ, it'll won't be integrated in the whole plan as it was in the Fremont project.
Carney will join the A's pre/post game show on CSNCA this season.

Good to see him back where he belongs which is in the green/gold.
KNBR's Bruce on his twitter page ripping that oh lord CSNBA's ratings drop anytime they talk about A's baseball with them airing a segment of A's talk during Chron Live.

He ripped the A's again a few weeks ago when Lurie was hired away about the A's lack of an audience with Ralph following with his own weekly rip on an Oakland based team not named the W's.

Smart aleck and arrogant responses like these yet again make me wanna root against SFG more and more and more. Now you know why I hate that other baseball team across the bay so much and acts like these that I continue to hear, along with the online stuff I've read over the years, just stew the fire even more for me as an A's fan especially.

Ralph is the ultimate look down on everything Oakland individual guy on radio here, least sports radio...now Bruce is joining his ass anytime he can to rip on the A's and Raiders especially, more so than the other Oakland based team here in the W's.

It's like they enjoy anytime they can to rip the city, fans, team and etc anytime they can.

Well they both can cuddle with each other for another long disappointing baseball season since both of their teams haven't won jack in the combined past 150+ years and won't win anything of consequence for a long long long time.

To hell with both of them.
Big Hurt retires.

Thanks for that magical 06 season where with Scutaro, had so many key clutch hits the last few months of the season and into the playoffs.

See you in Cooperstown!
Beltre to the A's? I hope we land him.
Is Adrian Beltre heading West? Beltre is set to cash in after taking a leading role in powering the Red Sox's lineup in 2010, having officially declined his $10 million player option to hit the open market on Wednesday.

The 31-year-old Beltre is also considered one of the game's best defensive third basemen. Boston would like to retain Beltre, but not at all costs. Beltre also has his family situated on the West Coast, and has said that will be a factor when considering his offseason options.

We also did not option Chavy.
It just makes a lot of sense to me
Just checking to see if Ninerpride is in major depression over our World Champion San Francisco Giants!

TRADE:

Vin Mazzaro,RHP and Justin Marks, LHP

sent to the KC Royals

for

David DeJesus, OF
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:
Beltre to the A's? I hope we land him.
Is Adrian Beltre heading West? Beltre is set to cash in after taking a leading role in powering the Red Sox's lineup in 2010, having officially declined his $10 million player option to hit the open market on Wednesday.

The 31-year-old Beltre is also considered one of the game's best defensive third basemen. Boston would like to retain Beltre, but not at all costs. Beltre also has his family situated on the West Coast, and has said that will be a factor when considering his offseason options.

We also did not option Chavy.
It just makes a lot of sense to me

He turned us down last year already lol.
Originally posted by Jigga:
TRADE:

sent to the KC Royals

for

David DeJesus, OF

Are you kidding me? Why do we need another corner outfielder with no power? All he offers is batting average pretty much plus he's coming off an injury and is on the wrong side of 30.

We just traded a pretty good pitching prospect for an older version of Ryan Sweeney.

Beane is now getting raped by the Kansas City freaking Royals.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by Jigga:
TRADE:

sent to the KC Royals

for

David DeJesus, OF

Are you kidding me? Why do we need another corner outfielder with no power? All he offers is batting average pretty much plus he's coming off an injury and is on the wrong side of 30.

We just traded a pretty good pitching prospect for an older version of Ryan Sweeney.

Beane is now getting raped by the Kansas City freaking Royals.

LOL If it makes you feel any better ESPN listed the A's as the team most likely to be like their big brothers across the Bay next year. You know.... the WORLD CHAMPION SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS
We also signed the number one prospect in the Dominican Republic! Vicmal De La Cruz
Share 49ersWebzone