There are 146 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Sacramento Kings 2009-2010 thread

Originally posted by SacRock14:
Very interesting...Okafor to Sac for K9?
Sam Amick's Blog

Just a rumor, but that's one to really consider. Okafor has 5 years left on his deal worth about 12 mill per season. But he'd be a shotblocker we've lacked for years and he's good enough around the basket to be effective on putbacks.

Okafor-Thompson-Nocioni-Martin-Evans w/ Hawes-Casspi-Garcia-Udrih

Not too shabby...

It would definitely address our interior weaknesses. I have my doubts though about Okafor. Statistically he does everything we need to add to the Hawes Thompson mix, but he gets paid a lot and for a long time for not being elite at really anything. But acquiring him is less risky than hoping we can lure someone through free agency or develop someone we draft. We'll see though. Its the right idea though and I wouldn't be unhappy if it happened.
Originally posted by Super9er81:
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Very interesting...Okafor to Sac for K9?
Sam Amick's Blog

Just a rumor, but that's one to really consider. Okafor has 5 years left on his deal worth about 12 mill per season. But he'd be a shotblocker we've lacked for years and he's good enough around the basket to be effective on putbacks.

Okafor-Thompson-Nocioni-Martin-Evans w/ Hawes-Casspi-Garcia-Udrih

Not too shabby...

It would definitely address our interior weaknesses. I have my doubts though about Okafor. Statistically he does everything we need to add to the Hawes Thompson mix, but he gets paid a lot and for a long time for not being elite at really anything. But acquiring him is less risky than hoping we can lure someone through free agency or develop someone we draft. We'll see though. Its the right idea though and I wouldn't be unhappy if it happened.

please God make it happen

Evens-Martin-Casspi-Thompson-Hawes
Udrih-Garcia-Greene-Brockman-Okefor
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
Originally posted by Super9er81:
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Very interesting...Okafor to Sac for K9?
Sam Amick's Blog

Just a rumor, but that's one to really consider. Okafor has 5 years left on his deal worth about 12 mill per season. But he'd be a shotblocker we've lacked for years and he's good enough around the basket to be effective on putbacks.

Okafor-Thompson-Nocioni-Martin-Evans w/ Hawes-Casspi-Garcia-Udrih

Not too shabby...

It would definitely address our interior weaknesses. I have my doubts though about Okafor. Statistically he does everything we need to add to the Hawes Thompson mix, but he gets paid a lot and for a long time for not being elite at really anything. But acquiring him is less risky than hoping we can lure someone through free agency or develop someone we draft. We'll see though. Its the right idea though and I wouldn't be unhappy if it happened.

please God make it happen

Evens-Martin-Casspi-Thompson-Hawes
Udrih-Garcia-Greene-Brockman-Okefor

1st check your spelling of names. 2nd, you think okafor would be backing up Hawes?
  • alam
  • Info N/A
Last 5 games for JT:

27 & 11
21 & 14
19 & 10
12 & 11
22 & 12

1.2 blocks per, 50% shooting, 85% from the line

I'm likin' it :)
I hope we can keep this core together for at least a half decade to come.
I really don't think the Kings should get Okafor...dude has always been overrated in my mind...KT's contract can probably be used to get a much better player. This also wouldn't help the development of Thompson and/or Hawes. Moreover, it's really not like you're getting him for free considering it takes away FA flexibility for the future.

Then again, not too many players want to come to SAC via FA...
Originally posted by Leathaface:
I really don't think the Kings should get Okafor...dude has always been overrated in my mind...KT's contract can probably be used to get a much better player. This also wouldn't help the development of Thompson and/or Hawes. Moreover, it's really not like you're getting him for free considering it takes away FA flexibility for the future.

Then again, not too many players want to come to SAC via FA...

If this trade did go down (not looking likely if it ever actually was), I see a 3 man rotation between Thompson, Hawes, and Okafor. Thats about 32 minutes each which shouldn't be a problem most of the time. We would probably have to go small at times in certain matchups but not often.

If you go after a big name in free agency the contract probably would be fairly similar (if not bigger) than Okafor's current contract if you could convince someone to come to Sac. That and there isn't really anyone who has the same skill set as Okafor on the free agent market this offseason. We would have to fill that need through the draft.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
I really don't think the Kings should get Okafor...dude has always been overrated in my mind...KT's contract can probably be used to get a much better player. This also wouldn't help the development of Thompson and/or Hawes. Moreover, it's really not like you're getting him for free considering it takes away FA flexibility for the future.

Then again, not too many players want to come to SAC via FA...

I agree. I was a fan of him while he played and after he came out of UConn but I dunno. He looked like a promising player, but it seems like he hasn't improved all that much, if at all. Hell, it looks like he's declining already.
Whatever it takes to get Kenny out, I know that he has been showing up lately (mostly because he has been given another chance) but let's move on.
Originally posted by rigs49:
Whatever it takes to get Kenny out, I know that he has been showing up lately (mostly because he has been given another chance) but let's move on.

Yeah but not for another overpaid role-player. Kenny's contract is almost up, it took way too long to get rid of it. We don't need to turn around and give another role-player a long-term contract that we're gonna wanna move in a few years.
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by rigs49:
Whatever it takes to get Kenny out, I know that he has been showing up lately (mostly because he has been given another chance) but let's move on.

Yeah but not for another overpaid role-player. Kenny's contract is almost up, it took way too long to get rid of it. We don't need to turn around and give another role-player a long-term contract that we're gonna wanna move in a few years.

Exactly. We've waited a long time to get to this point. Kenny is finally a usable trade chip, but let's not waste it (not saying Okafor is a waste). If we don't get the right package, he's gone after the season anyway.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
I really don't think the Kings should get Okafor...dude has always been overrated in my mind...KT's contract can probably be used to get a much better player. This also wouldn't help the development of Thompson and/or Hawes. Moreover, it's really not like you're getting him for free considering it takes away FA flexibility for the future.

Then again, not too many players want to come to SAC via FA...

Yeah I kind of feel the same way. I'm not a huge fan of Meka, I was for a few years but now he just seems like a bit of an underachiever IMO. Plus K9 is playing pretty well right now and I think we might be able to get a better player for him, or a guy without such a toxic contract.
Not sure you'll like this SacRock, but here goes.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/10741/the-next-big-trade-heres-a-three-team-possibility

Possible trade involving SAC-PHI-BOS, in which Dalembert goes to SAC, Nocioni to BOS and Kenny Thomas to PHI.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Not sure you'll like this SacRock, but here goes.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/10741/the-next-big-trade-heres-a-three-team-possibility

Possible trade involving SAC-PHI-BOS, in which Dalembert goes to SAC, Nocioni to BOS and Kenny Thomas to PHI.

I like that trade even less than the Okafor one. Nocioni is a good player, he helps our younger guys out. We shouldn't trade him at all. He stretches the floor and plays good D, Dalembert wouldn't even start. I'd rather we just pull the trigger on the Okafor trade and I'm not even a big fan of Meka.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Not sure you'll like this SacRock, but here goes.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/10741/the-next-big-trade-heres-a-three-team-possibility

Possible trade involving SAC-PHI-BOS, in which Dalembert goes to SAC, Nocioni to BOS and Kenny Thomas to PHI.

no to dalembert with his toxic contract and to give up on noc? wtf? geoff better not puller the trigger on that one