LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

*** San Jose Sharks Off-Season Thread ***

Signing Niemi would make the Sharks even tougher and compensate some for their current group of defensemen.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by maximill15:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Come on Sharks sign Niemi!!!!

no way in hell that happens. if we didnt sign niitymakii then yes, the organization spent too much time into greiss and he deserves to get some playing time. having niitymakii making 2.5 and then signing niemi to 2.75 or whatever is just absolutely stupid. dw forced the hawks into not signing niemi so either way not getting hjalmarrson isnt a big deal because it still made the hawks even weaker.

you can have a solid top 4 like the hawks but it doesnt matter when you have a sorry declining turco between the pipes. turco doesnt make those saves niemi did against us in the wcf

YOU WERE SAYING?

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nhl/news/story?id=5520450
1 year 2 million

he wont enjoy the same success without that defense

Does this mean Griess or Nitty are on the move via trade..

Trade Griess for a dman and hope stalock (i think) takes over 2011
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Signing Niemi would make the Sharks even tougher and compensate some for their current group of defensemen.

While I agree, I think we still will probably (and should, at that) trade for a D-man at some point.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=Aq1syqLCOvxmi3oS6fdpxrB7vLYF?slug=ap-sharks-ceo

big news as well

no way in hell that happens. if we didnt sign niitymakii then yes, the organization spent too much time into greiss and he deserves to get some playing time. having niitymakii making 2.5 and then signing niemi to 2.75 or whatever is just absolutely stupid. dw forced the hawks into not signing niemi so either way not getting hjalmarrson isnt a big deal because it still made the hawks even weaker.

you can have a solid top 4 like the hawks but it doesnt matter when you have a sorry declining turco between the pipes. turco doesnt make those saves niemi did against us in the wcf

YOU WERE SAYING?

LOL
wonder if we can turn griess + picks + clowe into staal + extension

Originally posted by ads_2006:

No way, getting rid of Clowe is a horrible idea....
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:

turning clowe into a top 2 defenseman (a young one at that)...

idk if youre being sarcastic though

Overall we have a relatively strong defense. Picking up a goalie who can actually show up in the playoffs was huge. Clowe is a terrific 2nd/3rd stringer who provides depth, and who's got some balls. If we continue to get rid of all our players who are willing to go out and actually hit someone, the team is going to be way too soft to win the in the playoffs; which is unfortunately something that they've run into quite often. Not to mention, I don't believe we pick up Stall for picks, clowe, and greiss... Greiss isn't very good. Also, I don't know what this does for the cap but, I know we're relatively close to being over.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=536741

NHL.com now reporting the news as well. This appears pretty much official at this point. Only thing now is to see it on the Sharks home page.

Overall we have a relatively strong defense. Picking up a goalie who can actually show up in the playoffs was huge. Clowe is a terrific 2nd/3rd stringer who provides depth, and who's got some balls. If we continue to get rid of all our players who are willing to go out and actually hit someone, the team is going to be way too soft to win the in the playoffs; which is unfortunately something that they've run into quite often. Not to mention, I don't believe we pick up Stall for picks, clowe, and greiss... Greiss isn't very good. Also, I don't know what this does for the cap but, I know we're relatively close to being over.

I greatly agree on the point about Clowe. I would not want to give him up either. He's a unique player if you really think about it. Clowe is someone with tremendous grit with a scoring touch -- he can get the puck to the net one way or another, even if he has to battle to do so -- and he's not afraid to drop the gloves at any time.

I like Ryan Clowe, and want to keep him around. He balances that 2nd line very well. At the very worst, he'd be an outstanding 3rd-liner.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 1, 2010 at 9:44 PM ]
It's Official: SJSharks.com - Niemi Signed by Sharks

Edit: I'm going to go ahead and make the 2010-11 thread now, with our new faces pictured.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 2, 2010 at 10:36 AM ]
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

YOU WERE SAYING?

LOL

ok, we must not be satisfied with greiss and since its only for 1 yr its not bad. its not like niemi was a world beater in the playoffs. yes he gets his occasional shut out but look at his stats in the playoffs, a whole bunch of goalies couldve won a cup with that hawks team last yr. all niemi had to do is not give up weak goals and the forwards and d did most. niemi had a great wcf mainly because we fail miserably at lifting the puck and niemi is excellent down low.

lets see how he does when he has a d in front of him no where near like the hawks of last yr.
Share 49ersWebzone