Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
It's a silly argument. Jordan lost plenty of times before the Finals. I'm not sure how that's better than losing in them. No one seems to like to remember that the Bad Boys beat his teams like a drum for 3 years straight, including a stout 74 point performance by the Bulls in Game 7 of the 1990 Finals.

People might not believe me here, but Jordan actually played for more than 6 years.

Everyone loses in the playoffs. Even Joe Montana's Niners lot in years where his team was far superior than the competition. The difference is that big players come up.....well.......BIG when they're on the ultimate stage. Jordan won 6 titles, but his team was arguably inferior to the competition at least twice (1993 Suns; 1998 Jazz), yet he made sure he showed up.

As for Kobe, I dont remember anyone giving the Detroit Pistons a chance against the Lakers in 2004. Hell, you guys didnt even put up a fight, getting b***h slapped by Detroit en route to a series end in 5 games. Now, you could argue that Kobe played well, averaging over 20 points a game. But Jordan scored over 30PPG in that Jazz series, including that final basket that still lingers in every Jazz fan's mind to this day.

Im sorry. You guys can give Kobe all the "props" you want, and thats ok....cause you're a Lakers fan and in your world, no one can top a Laker player. But Kobe was no Jordan, and as good as he is.....it still doesnt bother me (as much) to give him the ball in the final seconds as it did when Jordan had it.

at you trying to come off as some sort of unbiased observer. You are on the opposite end of the spectrum as the most obnoxious Laker homer, therefore, your argument is about as strong as one.

Im not a Lakers fan. I definitely wasnt a Bulls fan. I never liked Jordan. I used to like Kobe. If anything, Im more unbiased than any Laker fan on this forum. I grew up watching Jordan, and now Ive seen Kobe's career flourish in LA.

I just say it like I see it...........sorry if it hurts your feelings.

LOL, you're totally biased. You are a hater in every sense of the word.

Which is why we're talking about Jordan in the Laker thread again. You're hate, zrf, is on the same level as their love, so you're equally biased. Amp is right.

Im not sitting here arguing that Barkley is/was better than Kobe. Im taking 2 players that I was not a fan of, and Im comparing them. If some of you are having a hard time swallowing my opinion that Jordan was a better player than Kobe, than thats your problem, not mine. As I said, Im sorry that I hurt your feelings.....

Everyone knows Jordan was better. The only reason you bring it up here is to rile people up. It's completely irrelevant.

Apparently John Wooden thinks that Kobe is best basketball player he's ever seen. The difference between the two players is minimal.

As for the Detroit series, I find it funny how people don't want to give Kobe credit for winning on teams that had Shaq, but if they lost, it's suddenly representative of Kobe. Billups absolutely scorched Payton & Fisher in that series. Not sure what Kobe's supposed to do about that when he's busy chasing Rip Hamilton around. The Detroit bigs beat the Laker bigs down the floor on a consistent basis. And truth be told, Kobe didn't shoot the ball well either. The Laker's 3rd best player at that point was a rookie Luke Walton.

It's funny that you mention the 1998 Finals, because Jordan shot 42.7% in that series. He was even worse in 1996, and not much better in 1997. Jordan went 15-35 in that final game against Utah, and his team shot 38% from the field. But they had the defense & rebounding to survive such performances from MJ.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on May 16, 2010 at 5:25 PM ]
Further to the point...

PPG & FG% by Bulls in 1996-98 NBA Finals

1996 Finals....93.0 PPG, 41.6 FG% (MJ shot 41.5%)
1997 Finals....87.8 PPG, 43.2 FG% (MJ shot 45.6%)
1998 Finals....88.0 PPG, 43.0 FG% (MJ shot 42.7%)

Those Bulls teams won with defense. Having arguably the greatest perimeter defender ever and arguably the greatest rebounder ever has a lot to do with that. Kobe's never played on a team with that level of defensive talent. This is the closest squad he's had in that respect.

If Kobe leads his offense to those sort of performances, they lose miserably.
Fighting urge to edit post...

I'm just messing with you!
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Further to the point...

PPG & FG% by Bulls in 1996-98 NBA Finals

1996 Finals....93.0 PPG, 41.6 FG% (MJ shot 41.5%)
1997 Finals....87.8 PPG, 43.2 FG% (MJ shot 45.6%)
1998 Finals....88.0 PPG, 43.0 FG% (MJ shot 42.7%)

Those Bulls teams won with defense. Having arguably the greatest perimeter defender ever and arguably the greatest rebounder ever has a lot to do with that. Kobe's never played on a team with that level of defensive talent. This is the closest squad he's had in that respect.

If Kobe leads his offense to those sort of performances, they lose miserably.

Y CANT U ADMIT DA TROOFFFF!!!!!11!1! U R BLYNDID BY UR LUV 4 KOBEE!!!1!!!

*edit* Sorry all - I went all Niner Talk on you.

Carry on. Carry on.
[ Edited by NineFourNiner on May 16, 2010 at 6:59 PM ]
Stop all this nonsense.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Fighting urge to edit post...

I'm just messing with you!

I know. If you were socal, I would have just changed it to a picture of Kobe in his finest white linens.
Refs for today's game

Jason Phillips
Scott Foster
Greg Willard

We are 10-0 with Willard this year.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Refs for today's game

Jason Phillips
Scott Foster
Greg Willard

10-1

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Refs for today's game

Jason Phillips
Scott Foster
Greg Willard

10-1

Seems like it is not too late to jump on the Suns bandwagon for some people...
Refs for today's game

Jason Phillips
Scott Foster
Greg Willard

10-1

I'm not a suns fan I just hate the Lakers with a passion. f**k THE LAKERS!!
Refs for today's game

Jason Phillips
Scott Foster
Greg Willard

10-1

I'm not a suns fan I just hate the Lakers with a passion. f**k THE LAKERS!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Its almost Sunset time.
^^LMAO

That went just about as I thought it would. I thought the suns were gonna bring a little more than that, but whatevs.
Share 49ersWebzone