There are 186 users in the forums

Official 2009-2010 Golden State Warriors Thread (please LOCK)

Stephan Jackson "I'm not stupid. I mean, I didn't go to college, but I have common sense."
Besides Randolph and maybe Morrow, I don't see a ton to get excited about for W's fans.

Randolph probably is the only saving grace that org has, their two other best players in Ellis and Jackson probably want to be traded, and god forbid the W's org somehow f**ks it up with Randolph in the next few years.

If they do, I can see a lot of W's fans who haven't lost hope after the past 15 years of mediocrity other than two years, lose it if somehow Randolph splits.

Hopefully by that time, Cohan would have sold the team by then and somebody I don't like Ellison would clean house in the front office and sign Randolph to a long term extension.

Probably a 30 win team at best especially if the disfunction continues well into the season.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Method:
AB and AR become a force of a tandem on the defensive end, while finally giving us some rebounding edge over the other team (we've been bottom 5 for like 15 years).

Let's not forget the Danny Fortson era from 01-03, where we were first in the league in rebounding for two seasons with Fortson, Dampier, Foyle, and Troy Murphy.

Good times.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Monta Ellis is a team leader

Quote:
Q: Nelson said he was making you a captain. Did he tell you that and what do you think of it?

-ELLIS: (Chuckles) I don’t even know. What’s different in being a captain?

-Q: I don’t know.

-ELLIS: Exactly. I don’t know. It’s just a title to me.
Let's go Monta!!
SMH...

SUCKFEST INDEED
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Remember the article that came out around the 2007 NBA Draft that said the Warriors wanted to trade Monta Ellis because they were unhappy with his attitude and maturity level....

http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/story/2007/6/27/131725/678

Quote:
Don Nelson and Chris Mullin apparently don't get along with Monta Ellis, and Ellis is apparently an idiot of JR Rider proportions. They feel an implosion is imminent with the kid, either of ego, or stupid criminal incidents.

....well at the time I didn't pay much attention to it. But it's become quite clear now in 2009, after the moped accident, and the fact that Monta was obviously unhappy when the Warriors drafted Stephen Curry.....that Monta Ellis is an immature idiot.

He's a good basketball player but he is definitely not a leader, and I think the Warriors front office is already regretting giving Monta Ellis the keys to this franchise, and building their team around an immature 6'3" combo guard.

I don't see this ending well.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:
Monta Ellis is a team leader

Quote:
Q: Nelson said he was making you a captain. Did he tell you that and what do you think of it?

-ELLIS: (Chuckles) I don’t even know. What’s different in being a captain?

-Q: I don’t know.

-ELLIS: Exactly. I don’t know. It’s just a title to me.

The Warriors need to keep Monta far away from the media. He's a PR nightmare.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Stephen Curry is just so much more likeable as a person.

I really hope I'm wrong about him and that he turns out to be the next Steve Nash like Don Nelson and Bobby Knight and Jason Richardson and Chris Paul all think he will be.

[ Edited by crzy on Sep 29, 2009 at 11:38 AM ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
More pictures from media day

[ Edited by crzy on Sep 29, 2009 at 11:42 AM ]

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Does CJ Watson have a new forearm tattoo on his right arm?
The pic of George up there makes me wanna

Despite all the s**t that's been said yesterday, I'm still supporting Monta Ellis.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SF69ers:
The pic of George up there makes me wanna

Despite all the s**t that's been said yesterday, I'm still supporting Monta Ellis.

lol George looks just like Maggette
I look at their faces, and all I see are lambs before the slaughter.

Miki Moore.
Originally posted by crzy:
Does CJ Watson have a new forearm tattoo on his right arm?

He's been Monta'd
Share 49ersWebzone