LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 300 users in the forums

Official NHL 09-10 Season

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Will phili be able to keep up with scoring teams from the Western Conference?

If we got ourselves a dang defense, we'd be the favorites to win the cup. There's no better scoring team than us right now, now that Chicago has dispersed half its team. Now, if LA lands Kovalchuk though, they might give us a run for our money. I'm willing to bet, they'd push for the cup if they landed him.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

If we got ourselves a dang defense, we'd be the favorites to win the cup. There's no better scoring team than us right now, now that Chicago has dispersed half its team. Now, if LA lands Kovalchuk though, they might give us a run for our money. I'm willing to bet, they'd push for the cup if they landed him.

Rumor has it Kovi wants $10M per for 10 years. He's asking for a big piece of the Kings' salary cap pie.
Originally posted by SoCal9er:

Rumor has it Kovi wants $10M per for 10 years. He's asking for a big piece of the Kings' salary cap pie.

and then they gotta resign doughty to a HUGE # soon as well as johnson
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

I wouldn't be surprised if Johnson ends up as trade bait soon. He is good friends with Sid and rumor is they want to play together in the NHL - you know it won't happen in LA so...

I wouldn't be surprised if Johnson ends up as trade bait soon. He is good friends with Sid and rumor is they want to play together in the NHL - you know it won't happen in LA so...

how can pittsburgh fit johnson when they just signed martin and michalek?? im sure LA would want a legit offensive guy back and i dont know who pittsburgh is willing to deal. i dont think they would trade staal and stick with 3 legit centers

how can pittsburgh fit johnson when they just signed martin and michalek?? im sure LA would want a legit offensive guy back and i dont know who pittsburgh is willing to deal. i dont think they would trade staal and stick with 3 legit centers

I'm not saying he's going to get traded this year or next, but it could happen. Of course the Pens have spent big $$ on their D already and would have to give up salary elsewhere to afford JJ in the future, but I wouldn't put it past them. Staal would be decent return in a package deal...
looking at the hawks cap situation

they are still going to trade players away

however, if the get rid of soupys contract that helps them tremendously.

its gonna be extremely difficult to deal him when hes getting paid 7 mil a yr, which is insanity when hes not a #1 dman

its gonna be extremely difficult to deal him when hes getting paid 7 mil a yr, which is insanity when hes not a #1 dman

Yep, not a lot of teams can take on a lead weight of a salary like that.
List of best available FA's still out there: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=533739

We'll have to trade if we want a better D, basically.

List of best available FA's still out there: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=533739

yeah since dw sat back smoking a cigar watching all the defense men sign

yeah since dw sat back smoking a cigar watching all the defense men sign

yah, but dougies never been an active player in FA.

I dont know why we get our hopes up

still

f**k wallin

Pretty sure dougies got a trade ready..but for who
AWESOME VIDEO:

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=72275

Its a tribute to the playoffs
Kings apparently say "No" to Kovalchuk: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=533765
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Legendary-enforcer-Bob-Probert-passes-away-at-ag;_ylt=AlENvttRZlVJSeqYcrttRlY5nYcB?urn=nhl%2c253783

sad news
Share 49ersWebzone