LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

Official NHL 09-10 Season

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
god damn fcuk Chicago Blackhawks front office. who's running the show John Paxon? FIRE SALE continues....as Kris Versteeg gets traded to Toronto Maple Leafs. I'm disgusted.

Your team is being handed out to the entire league. Hossa's a FA, Buff's gone. Versteeg, Sopel (no loss there though), Fraser, Eager all gone.

What's next? The team disbands? Okay, I'm kidding. But at least you have Kane, Toews, Sharp and Niemi left. Plus most of your D -- Keith, Seabrook, etc.

do not keed...cause i swear it's about to happen. you know someone your beloved sharks want off of our squad...FIRE SALE...at bargain price. my bro wanted big buff but it's too late

The hawks have kept their dmen in tact and their top scoring threats on offense pretty much in place as well. Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, ladd, etc.

The guys you have moved can be replaced faster than those mentioned above. The fire sale was coming, but credit the hawks for moving players they could afford to lose and not making a f**ked decision my friend

So

Negro please

Calm Down

Originally posted by ads_2006:
god damn fcuk Chicago Blackhawks front office. who's running the show John Paxon? FIRE SALE continues....as Kris Versteeg gets traded to Toronto Maple Leafs. I'm disgusted.

Your team is being handed out to the entire league. Hossa's a FA, Buff's gone. Versteeg, Sopel (no loss there though), Fraser, Eager all gone.

What's next? The team disbands? Okay, I'm kidding. But at least you have Kane, Toews, Sharp and Niemi left. Plus most of your D -- Keith, Seabrook, etc.

do not keed...cause i swear it's about to happen. you know someone your beloved sharks want off of our squad...FIRE SALE...at bargain price. my bro wanted big buff but it's too late

The hawks have kept their dmen in tact and their top scoring threats on offense pretty much in place as well. Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, ladd, etc.

The guys you have moved can be replaced faster than those mentioned above. The fire sale was coming, but credit the hawks for moving players they could afford to lose and not making a f**ked decision my friend

So

Negro please

Calm Down

I checked out your trade again Negro, and you got one very freaking good prospect it seems with that Center, Didomenico.
All the D-men are disappearing instantaneously.

Gonchar to Ottawa: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=533394
Michalek to Pittsburgh: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=533418
Coburn back to Philly: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=533398
Martin likely to Pittsburgh: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=533459

And remember Jody Shelley? Shelley reportedly going to Philly: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=533467

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jul 1, 2010 at 12:09:02 ]
In case anyone has missed the news:

Sergie Gonchar, D, to Ottawa (3yrs @ 16.5mill): Ottawa needed a D-man, but is risking a lot. Gonchar is 36 and time is running out, if he retires early salary will count against cap.

Colby Armstrong, RW to Toronto (3yrs @9mill): Okay I'm telling you, this is a great move and typical move by Burke. Colby is a physical two way player that can chip in 20 goals.

Dan Ellis, G to Tampa Bay (2yrs@2mill): Major steal. Ellis is a solid goalies who IMO true value is at $2.5-3mill/per a year. I think he still has better days ahead. TB got him at half price.

Zybnek Michalek, D, to Pitt (5yrs @20mill): Michalek landed a huge deal. He is a shut down defenceman entering his prime. But IMO this is overpaying espicially considering Pitt's overall lack of depth. And Michalek can't replace Gonchar's offensive skill set.

Antero Nittymaki, G to SJ (2yrs @2mill): Nitty is another Finnish product but is nothing more than a backup goalie

Ray Whitney, W, to PHX (2yrs@6mill): Great value pick up. Whitney can still chip in 25 goals and can be a leader on what should be a young team

Tony Lydman, D to ANA (3yrs@9mill): puck moving solid defenceman, stop gap measure for losing Niedermayer

Paul Martin, D to Pitt: No word on details of contract, but are you kidding me? Pitt is filling up their salary to the very brim of the cap. Not counting Martin's contract, they have $7million in cap room. I'm jealous they are willing to spend... (NOTE: NHL.COM just took him off the signed list, still available?)

Derick Morris, D re-signed PHX (4yrs@$11mill): Wow, 32 years old who is 2nd pairing defenceman for long term deal. Its becoming clear the run on D is driving up their bargaining power.

Henrik Talinder,D to NJ ([email protected]): Good pick up by the devils, maybe too long of a deal as he is 31. But Tallinder is a good skater who can shadow and shut down opposing players

Foster, D to Edm ([email protected]): Foster played for TB and was second highest scoring D in FA. But hasn't stayed healthy and is a finesse stlye D. Cheap deal though so its hard to knock it.

Malholtra, C to Van: Details unknown. Physical, defensive minded 3rd line grinder

Hamhius, D to Van: (4yrs@27mill )

Volchenkov, D to NJ: Details unknown. Top shut down defenseman in FA along with Tallinder replaces void left by Martin

Chris Mason, G to Atl ([email protected]): Goalies are going at bargain rates. Cheaper then Nitty? Sorry Sharks fans....

Top FA still available: Kovulchuk (LW), Stempniak (RW), Lombardi (C), Pavel Kubina (D), Willia Mitchell (D), Evgeni Nabokov (G). Frolov (LW), Koivu (C), Afinogenov (RW), Bergeron (D), Leopold (D), Turco (G).

[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Jul 1, 2010 at 13:57:43 ]
This is depresing. So far our GM Neiuwendyk is getting a big F for failure. Not all his fault due to ownership but still...Lets see what he has done:

-Let Modano go: Okay, smart move. But still going to put extra heat on a brand new GM to prove he knows what he is doing

-Traded Vishnevsky for Lehtonen. Vish was our top D prospect and a future PP QB which we lacked every since Zubie went gone. And Lehtonen? Great an unproven goalie with back problems is going to solve our problems?

-Drafted a goalie over good D prospects: See individually this is a good move. But another time Nieuwendyk fails to address our defense to get insurance if his Lehtonen deal doesn't work?

-Hasn't re-signed Richards creating a potential major problem next offseason

-Hasn't re-signed Grossman or Neal. Grossman is out b,est young D, and Nieuwendyk is low balling him? And Neal is an extremely young 30-goal scorer in the mold of Shane Doan, and we low ball him? Fantastic... (Both RFA)

-And in his first FA, watches all the D we need get picked up elsewhere. We will probably over pay for some scrub now...
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
This is depresing. So far our GM Neiuwendyk is getting a big F for failure. Not all his fault due to ownership but still...Lets see what he has done:

-Let Modano go: Okay, smart move. But still going to put extra heat on a brand new GM to prove he knows what he is doing

-Traded Vishnevsky for Lehtonen. Vish was our top D prospect and a future PP QB which we lacked every since Zubie went gone. And Lehtonen? Great an unproven goalie with back problems is going to solve our problems?

-Drafted a goalie over good D prospects: See individually this is a good move. But another time Nieuwendyk fails to address our defense to get insurance if his Lehtonen deal doesn't work?

-Hasn't re-signed Grossman or Neal. Grossman is out b,est young D, and Nieuwendyk is low balling him? And Neal is an extremely young 30-goal scorer in the mold of Shane Doan, and we low ball him? Fantastic... (Both RFA)

-And in his first FA, watches all the D we need get picked up elsewhere. We will probably over pay for some scrub now...

I have to say, from what I already know about the Stars (and I know a lot since I'm stuck in the Hick Hole of Dallas) and now from what you've added, it's hard to imagine the Stars making the playoffs next year. Also, Tippett was a good coach, I don't think the new one is better.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jul 1, 2010 at 13:17:38 ]

I have to say, from what I already know about the Stars (and I know a lot since I'm stuck in the Hick Hole of Dallas) and now from what you've added, it's hard to imagine the Stars making the playoffs next year. Also, Tippett was a good coach, I don't think the new one is better.

Oh man I totally forgot!!!!

Add to Newy's failures:

-Fires Tippet, who goes on to guide PHX to playoffs and wins coach of the year.
-Replaces him with Crawford who is famous for pushing for offense and sacrifices all D responsibility.

WTF!!!! Newy, you need to be able to play D but you trade away D, don't draft D, don't sign D, and get a coach known for being bad with D.

We will not make playoffs.

Edit: Guys I want to Dallas to target: Mitchell (D) or McKee (D). On offense, Raffie Torres (RW) or Marek Svatos (RW)

[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Jul 1, 2010 at 14:28:45 ]
Chicago deals cotinue.

Ladd traded to ATL for Vishnevsky and 2nd rounder.

Negro, Vishnevsky was a former Dallas prospect. Offensive D, PP QB. Probably 1 more year until he is ready for NHL. Very good prospect, but undersized and not defensive minded.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=533513

Thrashers sign Mason. Seriously, what the heck were we thinking? Antero over Mason and Ellis. Dougie, you suck at FA.
Chicago deals cotinue.

Ladd traded to ATL for Vishnevsky and 2nd rounder.

Negro, Vishnevsky was a former Dallas prospect. Offensive D, PP QB. Probably 1 more year until he is ready for NHL. Very good prospect, but undersized and not defensive minded.

Fcuk this shiite....I'm seriously going to have my head explode due to all these give aways...this is just getting out of fcuken hand. lord please put an end to this maddness. i can not take it anymore.

[ Edited by Negrodamus on Jul 1, 2010 at 14:53:08 ]

fcuk you Chicago Blackhawks and San Jose front office.... y'all can suck my d!ck out of animosity.
fcuk you Chicago Blackhawks and San Jose front office.... y'all can suck my d!ck out of animosity.

Are the Sharks your "second team" so to speak? As in, the team you really like but couldn't love as much as your true beloved team?

Just curious.

Are the Sharks your "second team" so to speak? As in, the team you really like but couldn't love as much as your true beloved team?

Just curious.

yeah..cause it's the team of my fam especially my brother. so I support them in every endeavour other than playing my Blackhawks of-course. also, I rely on yourself, ads, blunt_probe, at times stoney regarding the sharks news if I don't get it from my bro...anyway good luck with everything.

Just curious.

yeah..cause it's the team of my fam especially my brother. so I support them in every endeavour other than playing my Blackhawks of-course. also, I rely on yourself, ads, blunt_probe, at times stoney regarding the sharks news if I don't get it from my bro...anyway good luck with everything.

All right, gotcha. I'm the same way with Vancouver and San Jose. I'll root for the Canucks over anyone EXCEPT the Sharks. My hope every year is a Vancouver vs. San Jose WCF.

Vancouver is getting better with their additions. I see the Sharks and Chicago getting weaker. I hope maybe we sign Modano to bolster the 3rd line. A McGinn-Modano-Couture line looks mighty nice right now.

Then have MacIntyre-Nichol-Mitchell man the 4th line.
Stars sign CHI's Burish and VAN's Raycroft to 2 year deals: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=533563

Jokinen back to Calgary: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=533561
Share 49ersWebzone