LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 278 users in the forums

The 2009 Notre Dame Fighting Irish Thread

Originally posted by KRS-1&IWAS:
Floyd is ahead of schedule..may be back as early as the Pitt game on 11-14-09.

He is the best reciever in the country hands down, and whats scary is he is only going to get better. If he wouldnt have gotten hurt, I really think he could have been a Heisman contender as a wide reciever. He had what, 5 touchdowns in under 3 games and was averaging 28yards a catch... no one could cover him. If he doesnt go down in that Michigan game and is in for ND's final drive, they win that game and are undefeated right now.

[ Edited by bigfan on Oct 14, 2009 at 15:46:22 ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bigfan:

He is the best reciever in the country hands down, and whats scary is he is only going to get better. If he wouldnt have gotten hurt, I really think he could have been a Heisman contender as a wide reciever. He had what, 5 touchdowns in under 3 games and was averaging 28yards a catch... no one could cover him. If he doesnt go down in that Michigan game and is in for ND's final drive, they win that game and are undefeated right now.

If you polled the coaches, the press and the fans I'd bet Floyd would not be a top 3 receiver in that poll and I am fine with that. I said it last season, this kid is definitely better than Julio Jones but doesn't get the attention nationally that Jones does. That won't hurt his draft stock in the long run because when the tape is turned on they will see how he dominated his competition and got better every week he stepped on the field.

Michigan fans would disagree with you but if the refs would not have allowed for the 2 or 3 seconds to be run off the clock when the ball never touched the returner we would have been in position to run 2 plays seeing as we still had a timeout. Even without those few seconds, on that final play I bet the pass either goes to Floyd if he is still in that game or he attracts a double or triple team opening things up for Golden Tate on the other side.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by bigfan:

If you polled the coaches, the press and the fans I'd bet Floyd would not be a top 3 receiver in that poll and I am fine with that. I said it last season, this kid is definitely better than Julio Jones but doesn't get the attention nationally that Jones does. That won't hurt his draft stock in the long run because when the tape is turned on they will see how he dominated his competition and got better every week he stepped on the field.

Michigan fans would disagree with you but if the refs would not have allowed for the 2 or 3 seconds to be run off the clock when the ball never touched the returner we would have been in position to run 2 plays seeing as we still had a timeout. Even without those few seconds, on that final play I bet the pass either goes to Floyd if he is still in that game or he attracts a double or triple team opening things up for Golden Tate on the other side.

if he is on the field, he catches the pass that evans didnt get to, and MI never gets the ball back for their game winning drive.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1&IWAS&Eva Isabella:

My 10,000th post is as follows:

You're lucky I like you, or your 10,000th post would be edited to show this...
Originally posted by pantstickle:

"Like"? Come on, tell it like it really is.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

• evil
  • Veteran

I'll be going to a Notre Dame game this year!

• evil
  • Veteran
Gunnell seemingly said something that wasn't sportsmanlike to JC when he approached him post game to get shoved like he did.
Gunnell seemingly said something that wasn't sportsmanlike to JC when he approached him post game to get shoved like he did.

I saw that, too. If I read about it this week on

http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/nd-m-footbl-body.html

then I'll post it. If you hear something 1st, drop the info.
Share 49ersWebzone