LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 204 users in the forums

The 2009 Notre Dame Fighting Irish Thread

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
^^hey Blastmaster, what happened to Urban Meyer from your list.

Why would he leave Florida? He already has one of the best programs in the nation. He can win the Title almost every year there. At Notre Dame he would enter a rebuilding program with no guarantee of success.

No chance he leaves Florida. He'd be a fool to leave.
  • Riot
  • Veteran
Brian Kelly should be the guy to replace Weis. A great fundamentals coach and has had success at every level. Just look at what Kelly's done with Cincinnati - it's not just Tony Pike leading that team to greatness, the whole squad is playing extremely sound football.
Originally posted by Riot:
Brian Kelly should be the guy to replace Weis. A great fundamentals coach and has had success at every level. Just look at what Kelly's done with Cincinnati - it's not just Tony Pike leading that team to greatness, the whole squad is playing extremely sound football.

My order would probably be

Ferentz
Stoops
Kelly

would be thrilled with an of the 3 though really
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
My personal preference from KRS's list would be Brian Kelly, Gary Patterson, or even Bronco Mendenhall. I would love for them to get Kirk Ferentz but I doubt that happens.

Patterson looks like a very strong choice after what he has done at TCU and at the beginning of the season there were rumors that Brian Kelly was definitely high on ND's radar should Weis get s**tcanned.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
^^hey Blastmaster, what happened to Urban Meyer from your list.

Why would he leave Florida? He already has one of the best programs in the nation. He can win the Title almost every year there. At Notre Dame he would enter a rebuilding program with no guarantee of success.

There was no guarantee of success when he went to Florida either. There is never a guarantee of success when a coach takes a job elsewhere no matter who the coach is. Meyer's reputation, ability to recruit and scheming would allow him to overhaul the roster to fit his scheme and try and turn ND back into the team of glory years.

Would he take it ? Not so sure he would but ND would be foolish NOT to approach him and gauge his interest.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bigfan:
Originally posted by Riot:

My order would probably be

Ferentz
Stoops
Kelly

would be thrilled with an of the 3 though really

Bob Stoops really ? Why so we can roll over opponents all season long only to get blasted in Bowl games ?
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Originally posted by KRS-1&IWAS:
Taylor Dever sighting anyone?

Scouting report?
uconn got robbed on the td run for the lead
If Weis gets fired does Jimmy go back?

how do you lose to a program that's only been around NCAA Div1 for only 7yrs. Charlie. Weis deserves to get fired now. Pillsbury dough boy entered the contest in tears but he's leaving the game crying.

I guarantee you that the big billboard which was taken down be placed back up in south bend.
Originally posted by teeohh:
If Weis gets fired does Jimmy go back?

most def not. he's projected by some to be 1st overall or atleast in the top 5.
how long has weis coached at nd?
Originally posted by teeohh:
how long has weis coached at nd?

about 5yrs i think. he has worst overall record than coach Davey and Willingham.
Share 49ersWebzone