LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

The 2009 Notre Dame Fighting Irish Thread

Originally posted by pantstickle:
Notre Dame still has a chance to upset Navy!

navy only passed 3 f**king times in the entire game?
Originally posted by teeohh:

Those had to be accidental.

People are acting surprised that Navy doesnt pass.
It's time for Charlie to start filling his offensive coordinator resume. He's done.

Prediction: Weis lands in Cleveland with Mangini. Quinn, Claussen
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

I have no idea what Navy does
  • evil
  • Veteran
I don't wanna talk about it.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Originally posted by KRS-1&IWAS:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

I have no idea what Navy does

Triple Option...
Originally posted by tjd808185:
It's time for Charlie to start filling his offensive coordinator resume. He's done.

It makes a lot of sense. But that would be way to easy and easy just doesnt happen very often.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadMartz:

It makes a lot of sense. But that would be way to easy and easy just doesnt happen very often.

I think Cleveland will hire Holmgren as GM and Chucky will be the HC next year.

Charlie will get some looks though as an OC somewhere....perhaps SD if they do in fact fire Norv. If they opt to keep the 3-4 I would suspect Rivera to be promoted or perhaps to go after Todd Bowles and get an experienced OC.

Charlie will get some looks though as an OC somewhere....perhaps SD if they do in fact fire Norv. If they opt to keep the 3-4 I would suspect Rivera to be promoted or perhaps to go after Todd Bowles and get an experienced OC.

If they hire Holmgren my plan falls apart. Holmgren's kinda interesting. He still wants to be a GM/ coach. That's the only way I see him in Cleveland. He can easily find a GM job in a much better city for the same money. The only thing Cleveland has to offer is power.

I just don't see Cleveland parting ways with Mangini just yet. Coaching contracts are guaranteed. That's alot of money you got to shell out there. You now got Holmgren, Chuckie, and Mangini on the payroll.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 14, 2009 at 10:36:47 ]
  • evil
  • Veteran

If they hire Holmgren my plan falls apart. Holmgren's kinda interesting. He still wants to be a GM/ coach. That's the only way I see him in Cleveland. He can easily find a GM job in a much better city for the same money. The only thing Cleveland has to offer is power.

I just don't see Cleveland parting ways with Mangini just yet. Coaching contracts are guaranteed. That's alot of money you got to shell out there. You now got Holmgren, Chuckie, and Mangini on the payroll.

Browns owner Randy Lerner met with a couple of fans this week as those fans have been organizing for Browns fans going to this Mondays game to not take their seats until after kick off to show their frustration with their team. It appears Lerner who set up that meeting which lasted 2 hours is wanting to listen to his fans and make things right before he loses his faithful and they start calling for him to sell the team.

Holmgren's name has been thrown around a lot since Kokinis was fired as the front runner for the job and he will not keep Mangini around if he does get the job, instead he will opt for his own staff (which I'd bet would include Jim Zorn as QB's coach). Holmgren would also bring Browns fans more credibility than Mangini would, they were pissed when he was hired and the Browns performance this year is confirming their reluctance to accept him.

Now I am not saying Holmgren will turn that team around but he would certainly create a buzz in the city and renew the fading interest that the fans have now. I understand that it requires paying Mangini the rest of his contract (which the Jets are also doing so it wouldn't be that bad for EM's pockets but would kill his rep) but sometimes you have to take a risk of that nature to keep from losing season ticket holders and fans.

Browns owner Randy Lerner met with a couple of fans this week as those fans have been organizing for Browns fans going to this Mondays game to not take their seats until after kick off to show their frustration with their team. It appears Lerner who set up that meeting which lasted 2 hours is wanting to listen to his fans and make things right before he loses his faithful and they start calling for him to sell the team.

Holmgren's name has been thrown around a lot since Kokinis was fired as the front runner for the job and he will not keep Mangini around if he does get the job, instead he will opt for his own staff (which I'd bet would include Jim Zorn as QB's coach). Holmgren would also bring Browns fans more credibility than Mangini would, they were pissed when he was hired and the Browns performance this year is confirming their reluctance to accept him.

Now I am not saying Holmgren will turn that team around but he would certainly create a buzz in the city and renew the fading interest that the fans have now. I understand that it requires paying Mangini the rest of his contract (which the Jets are also doing so it wouldn't be that bad for EM's pockets but would kill his rep) but sometimes you have to take a risk of that nature to keep from losing season ticket holders and fans.

I've seen this story. I live in Toledo, OH. We're force fed everything about Cleveland and Detroit. Not exactly a great area to be a football fan. You're probally right on this one, but like I said Cleveland's gonna have to hand Holmgren the franchise to land him.
  • evil
  • Veteran

I've seen this story. I live in Toledo, OH. We're force fed everything about Cleveland and Detroit. Not exactly a great area to be a football fan. You're probally right on this one, but like I said Cleveland's gonna have to hand Holmgren the franchise to land him.

WAIT WAIT WAIT ? Your in Toledo ? I'm in Defiance so like an hour from you! Never knew that you were just up the road.

As for handing him the franchise I think he would because like I said Holmgren will = big buzz and with the uncertainty surrounding LeBron and the Indians sucking donkey balls it would be a great chance to create some positive media attention for a Cleveland sports team that has been a failure for forever. Mangini did the opposite when he was hired.

Can you imagine the national attention they could garner with a Holmgren/Gruden show ? It would likely keep from season ticket holders from not wanting to re-up for 2010 and possibly help them get some primetime love next year. If Mangini sticks I doubt that team gets any primetime games in 2010 unless they find a way to sign or acquire some big name talent/s.

WAIT WAIT WAIT ? Your in Toledo ? I'm in Defiance so like an hour from you! Never knew that you were just up the road.

As for handing him the franchise I think he would because like I said Holmgren will = big buzz and with the uncertainty surrounding LeBron and the Indians sucking donkey balls it would be a great chance to create some positive media attention for a Cleveland sports team that has been a failure for forever. Mangini did the opposite when he was hired.

Can you imagine the national attention they could garner with a Holmgren/Gruden show ? It would likely keep from season ticket holders from not wanting to re-up for 2010 and possibly help them get some primetime love next year. If Mangini sticks I doubt that team gets any primetime games in 2010 unless they find a way to sign or acquire some big name talent/s.

It does sound a heck of alot more appealling than Mangini and the Notre Dame crew.
Share 49ersWebzone