LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

2009-2010 Texas Longhorns Page

Originally posted by dobophile:
I root for teams I like. I actively root against teams I dislike. I nothing teams I feel nothing about.

There is no team in the Big 12 that I like, with the exception of Texas. There are a couple teams in the Big 12 I nothing. And there are teams in the Big 12 I actively root against, except where they're the lesser of two evils. But even then, I don't root for them. I root against their opponent.

Examples:

- If Nebraska and Oklahoma are playing, I'm hoping for Oklahoma to lose. I'm not rooting for Nebraska to win, if that makes sense.

- Likewise, if Nebraska and USC are playing, I'm hoping for USC to lose. This has nothing to do with conference pride, and everything to do with my hatred for USC.

- If Texas is playing Nebraska, I'm hoping Texas wins.

- If Texas is playing Oklahoma, I'm hoping Texas wins and Stoops resigns and future recruits decide not to play for Oklahoma because it's a crappy program and . . . you get the picture.

- If Oklahoma and TAMU are playing, I'm hoping to see some injuries and the first-ever game where both teams lose.

In other words, screw conference pride. That's the point I'm making. I will never "get behind" any team in the Big 12 for the sake of conference pride. It's only an accident of circumstance that would ever make me wish something to happen that's in the interests of another program.

Do you nothing me? You can tell me.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
I root for teams I like. I actively root against teams I dislike. I nothing teams I feel nothing about.

There is no team in the Big 12 that I like, with the exception of Texas. There are a couple teams in the Big 12 I nothing. And there are teams in the Big 12 I actively root against, except where they're the lesser of two evils. But even then, I don't root for them. I root against their opponent.

Examples:

- If Nebraska and Oklahoma are playing, I'm hoping for Oklahoma to lose. I'm not rooting for Nebraska to win, if that makes sense.

- Likewise, if Nebraska and USC are playing, I'm hoping for USC to lose. This has nothing to do with conference pride, and everything to do with my hatred for USC.

- If Texas is playing Oklahoma, I'm hoping Texas wins and Stoops resigns and future recruits decide not to play for Oklahoma because it's a crappy program and . . . you get the picture.

- If Oklahoma and TAMU are playing, I'm hoping to see some injuries and the first-ever game where both teams lose.

In other words, screw conference pride. That's the point I'm making. I will never "get behind" any team in the Big 12 for the sake of conference pride. It's only an accident of circumstance that would ever make me wish something to happen that's in the interests of another program.

Do you nothing me? You can tell me.

I nothing your clique. I'm not hurt or anything about not getting drafted. Not at all. I'm totally over it.

You were my next pick. f**king chief.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

Examples:

OK you said it better. I guess I don't worry about the general opinion of the conference simply because it's pretty much always been high and has enough programs that historically have been dominant so it probably always will be. Again comparing to the pac10, USC hurts the conference by dominating it so much, it would really benefit the conference as a whole for there to be a legit threat every year. Until that happens, if ever, it'll be looked at the same way. Still, cheering for a conference is dumb to me.
Something's wrong with this team.

Seems like Mack is trying to force a running game in the first half of games, then having to use Colt bring them back in the second. That running game looks awful.
Nervous today.

Ditto. And unfortunately, my nephew has a football game today...half a mile from me...at 11. Little turd.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Nervous today.

Ditto. And unfortunately, my nephew has a football game today...half a mile from me...at 11. Little turd.

DVR? or Tivo?
It's on like Donkey Kong kids. GO HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!
NICE! After a terrible turnover, we knock Bradford out of the game. EXACTLY what we needed from our D!
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
NICE! After a terrible turnover, we knock Bradford out of the game. EXACTLY what we needed from our D!

Nice, cheering for an injury.
Originally posted by nipplehead:

They deserve it after that dirty late hit.

Which? The early one on the sideline where the RB got pushed out of bounds? That one was definitely a late hit, no doubt about it, but it wasn't really violent or anything. Just a slight push.

McCoy hasn't impressed me at all

They deserve it after that dirty late hit.

Which? The early one on the sideline where the RB got pushed out of bounds? That one was definitely a late hit, no doubt about it, but it wasn't really violent or anything. Just a slight push.

One of the guys on the sideline got hurt as a result, I think. It's karma.

And the hit on Bradford was clean. I'm glad he got exposed.

Thomas got shaken up on the sideline but came back. He's fine.

And no one said the hit on Bradford wasn't clean - it's just a s**tty thing to cheer for the other team's star to get hurt. And how was he exposed? He got hurt..."getting exposed" makes no sense.
Originally posted by teeohh:
McCoy hasn't impressed me at all

Thats why its Clausen for Heisman this year!
Hahaha this game is an abortion so far...both these teams look like s**t.
Share 49ersWebzone