There are 101 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2009-2010 Texas Longhorns Page

Wow Colt looks pretty rusty or nervous or something. The defense looks good. Lot of pressure and near INTs.

Ugly game so far.
Originally posted by dobophile:
Wow Colt looks pretty rusty or nervous or something. The defense looks good. Lot of pressure and near INTs.

Ugly game so far.

Colt does look like crap. I wouldn't want to be Potts though. I ALMOST feel bad for the kid. He's had no time to do anything.
Stop keeping it close, damn it!
Kindle just took Cox's head off. Wow.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

You mean Potts?
Sergio Kindle is looking like a top prospect.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:

You mean Potts?

He's a bad dude. He's especially bad at driving.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:

You mean Potts?

He's a bad dude. He's especially bad at driving.

What an idiot. Why do so many great players do so such dumb s**t off the field?
Good game Texas.
The good thing is Potts proved he's legit.
We're gonna be good next year.
Is this why Colt was so crappy? I hope so. But I have my doubts.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4492204
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I love Colt but I'm not buying the flu thing. I never heard ity mentioned before the game and you know ther media loves to play up that crap. I'm wondering if it isn't just the pressure of expectations. He didn't really have that last year until after beating OU, and that gave him a lot of confidence. Hopefully the same happens this year. Either way the offense hasn't looked right in any facet yet this year.
Originally posted by TX9R:
I love Colt but I'm not buying the flu thing. I never heard ity mentioned before the game and you know ther media loves to play up that crap. I'm wondering if it isn't just the pressure of expectations. He didn't really have that last year until after beating OU, and that gave him a lot of confidence. Hopefully the same happens this year. Either way the offense hasn't looked right in any facet yet this year.

I think once they get their timing down, they'll be just as productive as last year. Fortunately, the defense is playing pretty well.
Is this why Colt was so crappy? I hope so. But I have my doubts.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4492204

Colt McCoy played poorly partially do to the fact that Texas Tech is his biggest personal rival.
He went to school in West Texas and almost half of his HS class went to TTU. His GF (at least she was a year ago, she might be his ex now) goes to TTU and went to HS in Lubbock.
He puts enormous pressure on himself to play well vs Texas Tech, and sometimes he presses too hard and doesn't relax.
It is also a big rivalry game for Tech as well, and Tech's guys get up for this game.

Now yes, he had big games vs, Tech in 06 and 07, but something to remember... Texas Tech had HORRIBLE defensive players and fired their defensive coordinator halfway through the 07 season.
TTU's defensive recruits were so poor up until a couple years ago, that only a couple are still starting.
In 08, and 09 Tech has finally gotten some decent and a few excellent defensive recruits who turned down programs like USC (Wade), Michigan (Graves), Oklahoma (Mahoney, Ford) and Georgia (Sesay) and transfers from places like Miami, FL (Perry).
This defensive improvement is part of the reason why Colt has played poorly 2 years in a row vs TTU.

Another reason, TTU's defense is used to playing the type of offense the Longhorns run.
Colt throws very few deep passes and spends most of time dumping the ball off or passing it between 5-15 yards.
Tech's defense is used to it because Graham Harrell was the exact same type of player, minus Colt's rushing ability.
Colt's fairly weak arm allows Tech to compete, whereas talented teams with strong-armed QB's like OU destroy us.
UT plays UTEP today. The only thing I know about UTEP is this:

Well, that should keep us at #2.
Anyone care to comment? I can't be the only one.

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
My precious pac 10 is tearing each other apart.

At this pace no team in the conference will get a shot at the national title.

My thoughts exactly.

As a Pac-10 fan in general and wishing for national success, I have no idea what to hope for any more. I guess USC to win out and top 10 teams to lose.

I think this kind of attitude is strange. As a Texas fan, I would never root for Oklahoma or Texas Tech or Kansas or Nebraska or Mizzou or any other Big 12 team.

Big 12 fans are one of the few that don't i guess.

Pac-10 fans do it, Big 10 fans do it...... and ESPESCIALLY SEC fans do it. just my observations

Big 12 fans do it too...I have many UT friends and they want their conference represented well.

well.... it's just dobo then......