There are 141 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2009-2010 Texas Longhorns Page

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
The game verse Oklahoma and at Oklahoma State will be some extremely tough match ups. But other then that, its a pretty soft schedule.

Florida (the other favorite) has at LSU and Georgia, Florida St, and probably Alabama.

USC (another possible undefeated record) has at Ohio State, at Cal, at Oregon.

I think Texas has the easiest road out of those 3 teams. I put USC schedule above Texas becuase its 3 road trips versus Texas with only one road trip against a high ranked team.

Texas does have a pretty soft schedule this year. I think the only way their schedule looks tougher is if a Big 12 north team does really well and Texas takes them in the Big 12 title game. Honestly, I think that's why SEC teams and Big 12 teams get the nod more often that not, because of the conference championship games.

It's basically the same as last year, which was very tough. The only difference is that most of the talent from teams like Tech and Mizzou are gone. But they are being replaced by Robinson coming back, the guy at Baylor is sick too. Really the North is dragging down the conference unless Nebraska or Colorado can come back. In the 09s, the North was the strength, it's all cyclical. I'll admit the OOC is not as tough in years past where we played Arkansas and Ohio State.

yeah i agree. WTF happened to the North? Colorado and Nebraska totally disappeared in the 2000's.

I'll be rooting for you guys in the Big 12, I can't stand OU, A&M, or Tech. I seriously hate those schools, I only hate Arizona more.

LOL
I used to like ASU until I started arguing with you too.
Anyway good luck on the season and no injuries.
Originally posted by cestmoi:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
The game verse Oklahoma and at Oklahoma State will be some extremely tough match ups. But other then that, its a pretty soft schedule.

Florida (the other favorite) has at LSU and Georgia, Florida St, and probably Alabama.

USC (another possible undefeated record) has at Ohio State, at Cal, at Oregon.

I think Texas has the easiest road out of those 3 teams. I put USC schedule above Texas becuase its 3 road trips versus Texas with only one road trip against a high ranked team.

Texas does have a pretty soft schedule this year. I think the only way their schedule looks tougher is if a Big 12 north team does really well and Texas takes them in the Big 12 title game. Honestly, I think that's why SEC teams and Big 12 teams get the nod more often that not, because of the conference championship games.

It's basically the same as last year, which was very tough. The only difference is that most of the talent from teams like Tech and Mizzou are gone. But they are being replaced by Robinson coming back, the guy at Baylor is sick too. Really the North is dragging down the conference unless Nebraska or Colorado can come back. In the 09s, the North was the strength, it's all cyclical. I'll admit the OOC is not as tough in years past where we played Arkansas and Ohio State.

yeah i agree. WTF happened to the North? Colorado and Nebraska totally disappeared in the 2000's.

I'll be rooting for you guys in the Big 12, I can't stand OU, A&M, or Tech. I seriously hate those schools, I only hate Arizona more.

LOL
I used to like ASU until I started arguing with you too.
Anyway good luck on the season and no injuries.

Same to you, its actually nothing against you. I lived in Texas and I know people that went to Tech, and I just get really annoyed how those Tech people I know ALWAYS talk about how Tech is the best in everything. And those people I've met, they just act really wierd and different, like always in their little Tech clicks at parties circle jerkin about Tech. Same goes for A&M people I know. UT people have a lot of pride, but they can still be normal people and talk about non-UT stuff (and Austin kicks ass). Once again, I base this on my own experiences.

BTW, I take back my earlier comment about UT having the easiest road. Looks like USC has the easiest, Oregon looks like crap. Terrible O-Line play which was a big question mark entering the season.

[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Sep 3, 2009 at 22:16:47 ]
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,152
The rematch that should be over by halftime vs Tech. The one thing I'm hoping to see is Crabtree on the sideline, not paying attention while Gideon is flying out of bounds on a tackle, taking out Crabtree's knee, tearing his ACL. By Monday he signs the Niners offer of 5 years 8 MIL.
Originally posted by TX9R:
The rematch that should be over by halftime vs Tech. The one thing I'm hoping to see is Crabtree on the sideline, not paying attention while Gideon is flying out of bounds on a tackle, taking out Crabtree's knee, tearing his ACL. By Monday he signs the Niners offer of 5 years 8 MIL.

God, I've been hating the crap out of Crabtree lately. Not really because of the holdout, but because of the replays I've been watching of that last second TD.



UT will smoke Tech. No way UT waits until the second half to show up, like last year.
what did you guys think of Lousiana-Monroe?

You guys beat up on them pretty good. We play them this week and I'm hoping for a blow out.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,560
I want the 49ers to draft Colt McCoy.

That is all.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
what did you guys think of Lousiana-Monroe?

You guys beat up on them pretty good. We play them this week and I'm hoping for a blow out.


You should beat them easily.
Originally posted by TX9R:
The rematch that should be over by halftime vs Tech. The one thing I'm hoping to see is Crabtree on the sideline, not paying attention while Gideon is flying out of bounds on a tackle, taking out Crabtree's knee, tearing his ACL. By Monday he signs the Niners offer of 5 years 8 MIL.

i want texas 2 whoop tech by 50 to spite craptree
Originally posted by cestmoi:

Will you be wearing your Crabtree jersey tomorrow?
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
i want texas 2 whoop tech by 50 to spite craptree

How would that spite Crabtree?
That would just make his achievement last season that much more impressive.
If you wanted to spite Crabtree, then Tech should win again without him, so it lessens his impact, and diminishes his legend.
Originally posted by dobophile:
Originally posted by cestmoi:

Will you be wearing your Crabtree jersey tomorrow?

I'll be going with Graham Harrell, he was a stand-up guy.
Originally posted by cestmoi:
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
i want texas 2 whoop tech by 50 to spite craptree

How would that spite Crabtree?
That would just make his achievement last season that much more impressive.
If you wanted to spite Crabtree, then Tech should win again without him, so it lessens his impact, and diminishes his legend.

You're right. Blake Gideon had as much to do with that victory as Michael Crabtree.
Originally posted by dobophile:
Originally posted by cestmoi:
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
i want texas 2 whoop tech by 50 to spite craptree

How would that spite Crabtree?
That would just make his achievement last season that much more impressive.
If you wanted to spite Crabtree, then Tech should win again without him, so it lessens his impact, and diminishes his legend.

You're right. Blake Gideon had as much to do with that victory as Michael Crabtree.

Leander High School, FTW! Ugh.

Also, coming to work today was a pain in the ass.

Of course, I can walk outside and hear the stadium, so that's sweet. Hook 'em!