There are 78 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

English Premier League

Originally posted by Method:
Everton has the best form in the past 5 or 6 games. Coincides with Landon Donovan arriving, which is no coincidence imo

They've also had a host of other players returning from injury
Originally posted by Method:
Everton has the best form in the past 5 or 6 games. Coincides with Landon Donovan arriving, which is no coincidence imo

Donovan has become a more complete player in the states, he's not just a fast winger anymore. I've been extremely impressed with his play so far in the EPL, especially having never played there before. Most players take a year, a few months at least, to get comfortable; but he's already one of their main threats going forward.

In the two games I've seen him play in for Everton he's contributed to two goals.
  • dman
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,453
AP Source: Premier League launching global network

Quote:
LONDON (AP)—An English Premier League executive with direct knowledge of the situation says the league is launching a global television channel.

From the start of next season, the network will broadcast news and feature programing alongside classic matches, the executive told The Associated Press on Friday.

He was speaking on condition of anonymity because a public announcement is yet to be made.

The 24-hour channel, which has not been named, has been offered to all broadcast rights holders outside Britain.

It will be run by Premier League Productions, which is a joint venture between the league and TWI.



Originally posted by dman:
AP Source: Premier League launching global network

Quote:
LONDON (AP)—An English Premier League executive with direct knowledge of the situation says the league is launching a global television channel.

From the start of next season, the network will broadcast news and feature programing alongside classic matches, the executive told The Associated Press on Friday.

He was speaking on condition of anonymity because a public announcement is yet to be made.

The 24-hour channel, which has not been named, has been offered to all broadcast rights holders outside Britain.

It will be run by Premier League Productions, which is a joint venture between the league and TWI.







bout time
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,284
Great to see Donovan do well. Good for the growth of US soccer
Chelsea 2 - Man City 4, makes the title race a little more open, looong time since Chelsea leaked 4 at home.
Originally posted by 49ers1:
Originally posted by dman:
AP Source: Premier League launching global network

Quote:
LONDON (AP)—An English Premier League executive with direct knowledge of the situation says the league is launching a global television channel.

From the start of next season, the network will broadcast news and feature programing alongside classic matches, the executive told The Associated Press on Friday.

He was speaking on condition of anonymity because a public announcement is yet to be made.

The 24-hour channel, which has not been named, has been offered to all broadcast rights holders outside Britain.

It will be run by Premier League Productions, which is a joint venture between the league and TWI.







bout time

the Barclay's EPL channel?


so will we have to pay extra for this s**t?
oh my god...look at Arsenal's Ramsey's leg...Shawcross is even crying cause he knows he f**ked up. The commentators on Fox Sports are even saying that theyre not gonna show ramsey anymore or show the replay.


Its sad when something like this happens to any player on any team.
Originally posted by 1251alex:
so will we have to pay extra for this s**t?

Be prepared to pay top dollar, it's not the richest league in the world for nothing
Originally posted by redrose49er:
Originally posted by 1251alex:
so will we have to pay extra for this s**t?

Be prepared to pay top dollar, it's not the richest league in the world for nothing

f**k that then, I already get the top games from every major european league live.
Originally posted by 1251alex:
oh my god...look at Arsenal's Ramsey's leg...Shawcross is even crying cause he knows he f**ked up. The commentators on Fox Sports are even saying that theyre not gonna show ramsey anymore or show the replay.


Its sad when something like this happens to any player on any team.

I couldn't agree more, especially when it's a 17 year-old kid.

I was extremely under-impressed with Stoke City. Not only did they take out Ramsey, but then with less than a minute to go in the game, with Arsenal up 3-1, one of their players took out Fabregas late as well. The game is over and your team has already nearly ended one career, but that wasn't enough physical play?

Then their manager had the nerve to yell at Fabregas after his tackle late in the game. Please. Your team is notorious for beating people with physical play, not technical skill, and you're yelling at somebody else for a late challenge? Especially after one of your players got a red card, and one of your other players just knocked Fabregas off his feet well after he'd released the ball. They should feel ashamed of themselves.
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Originally posted by 1251alex:
oh my god...look at Arsenal's Ramsey's leg...Shawcross is even crying cause he knows he f**ked up. The commentators on Fox Sports are even saying that theyre not gonna show ramsey anymore or show the replay.


Its sad when something like this happens to any player on any team.

I couldn't agree more, especially when it's a 17 year-old kid.

I was extremely under-impressed with Stoke City. Not only did they take out Ramsey, but then with less than a minute to go in the game, with Arsenal up 3-1, one of their players took out Fabregas late as well. The game is over and your team has already nearly ended one career, but that wasn't enough physical play?

Then their manager had the nerve to yell at Fabregas after his tackle late in the game. Please. Your team is notorious for beating people with physical play, not technical skill, and you're yelling at somebody else for a late challenge? Especially after one of your players got a red card, and one of your other players just knocked Fabregas off his feet well after he'd released the ball. They should feel ashamed of themselves.

yup, that was so classless of them. Shawcross better get more than one game.
And now we have a 3 way race again. I spoke way too soon about Arsenal
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
And now we have a 3 way race again. I spoke way too soon about Arsenal

ya you did. not to mention both utd and chelsea have tougher schedules down the stretch.
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
And now we have a 3 way race again. I spoke way too soon about Arsenal

ya you did. not to mention both utd and chelsea have tougher schedules down the stretch.

I still think United and Chelsea have the depth in Rosters to go the distance. Still I under estimated them.