LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

English Premier League

• dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Originally posted by dman:
#1 priority is a new GK. Fabianski and Almunia have both lost Arsenal points this year.

Agreed.

Rumor is Chamak is coming as well on a free transfer so we should be fine on attacking players.

A backup for Song is needed as well as another CB.

I heard that also. I also heard Wenger has around $30M to spend so he should be able to go out and buy a few players.

Arsenal Manager Arsene Wenger Pledges To Splash The Cash In The Summer

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=goal-arsenalmanagerarsenewengerp
#1 priority is a new GK. Fabianski and Almunia have both lost Arsenal points this year.

Agreed.

Rumor is Chamak is coming as well on a free transfer so we should be fine on attacking players.

I heard that also. I also heard Wenger has around $30M to spend so he should be able to go out and buy a few players.

Agreed.

Every summer it is the same charade for Arsenal "Arsene has cash to spend"

Arsene "I can/will spend cash"

Can't remember the last big name signing Arsenal made (talking big money Berbatov (waste of), Torres etc)
Anyone a fulham fan here?
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kunged:

I root for Fulham ... basically because of thier history of US players and Dempsey is my favorite American player.

I root for Fulham ... basically because of thier history of US players and Dempsey is my favorite American player.

nice, do you get to watch any of the games?

Also, did you see Dempsey's amazing goal against Juventus? He is going to light up the world cup IMO, especially as (from my limited knowledge of the US team) they seem to base their attack around him.
  • dman
  • Veteran

nice, do you get to watch any of the games?

Also, did you see Dempsey's amazing goal against Juventus? He is going to light up the world cup IMO, especially as (from my limited knowledge of the US team) they seem to base their attack around him.

I catch them once in a while on Fox Soccer Channel.

Yes I saw that goal that put away Juventus ... a thing of beauty.

He is for sure one of our most imortant players going into the WC.

Rumors are that there is a Buffon & Melo swap for Robin Van Persie and Cesc or Sagna. Seems ludicrous to me.

on another note, Chelsea is winning early on.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Season over. Chelsea will win it. Well considering we lost arguably the best player in the world and Tevez it would have been tough to win the Premiership again.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Season over. Chelsea will win it. Well considering we lost arguably the best player in the world and Tevez it would have been tough to win the Premiership again.

yep. If we had only won the games we should have won. damn. Next season though. We need two big signing at least.

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 1251alex:

yep. If we had only won the games we should have won. damn. Next season though. We need two big signing at least.

Yep. Im actually surprised we kept it this close in the race. I mean to lose by a point. Thats pretty good.

Yep. Im actually surprised we kept it this close in the race. I mean to lose by a point. Thats pretty good.

true that man. I read somewhere that ManU might try to sign Benzema and Buffon.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

true that man. I read somewhere that ManU might try to sign Benzema and Buffon.

I also heard David Villa. Always tons of rumors this time of year. Is Van der Saar coming back next year? I would love Buffon though. Being a Parma fan too i remember Buffon when he was like 19. Crazy.

We need a playmaker in the middle and another striker as well.

Rumors are that there is a Buffon & Melo swap for Robin Van Persie and Cesc or Sagna. Seems ludicrous to me.

on another note, Chelsea is winning early on.

Yeah I would believe it if Cesc wasn't part of the deal. Like I said, we need a true #1 keeper. You can't be a successful club that wins trophies at the highest level when your keeper is a liability.

Chelsea are going to win, looks like getting knocked out of the Champions League earlier might have ended up helping them in the end.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Just watched Chelsea celebrate ...

Share 49ersWebzone