There are 233 users in the forums

English Premier League

• dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by foreign49er:
What a finish for Arsenal!! 1 point behind United and 3 behind Chelsea, still hanging on... barely. On another positive note, Nasri looked superb. He's going to have to fill in for Fabregas in mid-week if Arsenal are going to have any hope whatsoever.

Still alive!

Originally posted by 49ers1:
Originally posted by 1251alex:
no!!!!!!!!! ManU lost.

we didnt lose, the f**kin ref gave it to them. he was so offside. how could the guy not have seen that when drogba was right in front of him. man, what a way to decide the league title

money talks. thats right, I said it, the match was fixed.

no rooney.

hopefully Owen wakes up someday.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
no!!!!!!!!! ManU lost.

we didnt lose, the f**kin ref gave it to them. he was so offside. how could the guy not have seen that when drogba was right in front of him. man, what a way to decide the league title

no rooney.

haha hope you're not serious with the match fixing. But yeah that clear offside was such a bad call
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
no!!!!!!!!! ManU lost.

no rooney.

haha hope you're not serious with the match fixing. But yeah that clear offside was such a bad call

haha, nah im not. f**k yeah it was, sad really. Hey man, join the current players soccer draft.
no!!!!!!!!! ManU lost.

no rooney.

Seriously, the Macheda goal was also questionable. Man U had plenty of other chances to score, can't blame the loss on one bad decision...
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
no!!!!!!!!! ManU lost.

no rooney.

Seriously, the Macheda goal was also questionable. Man U had plenty of other chances to score, can't blame the loss on one bad decision...

No but i hate how one bad decision pretty much ended the game. Had that call been made which it absolutely should have been, then it would have still been 1-0 and 15 minutes left and United having all the momentum from dominating the 2nd half. Could have easily got one to tie it.

But the sideline ref totally blew the call and it was more or less game over. Hope he isn't allowed to ref another big game like that again any time soon.
no!!!!!!!!! ManU lost.

no rooney.

No but i hate how one bad decision pretty much ended the game. Had that call been made which it absolutely should have been, then it would have still been 1-0 and 15 minutes left and United having all the momentum from dominating the 2nd half. Could have easily got one to tie it.

But the sideline ref totally blew the call and it was more or less game over. Hope he isn't allowed to ref another big game like that again any time soon.

You can't leave it up to the refs in any sport. They should have scored first, or scored to tie. They didn't and left it up to the refs, that's their fault. It was close enough that it wasn't a blatant miss and you can't expect the refs to be perfect all the time, it's just not practical.

Any complaints about the refs simply sounds like you're whining, and based on other comments you've made about other games I know you aren't. It simply sounds out of character.

As an Arsenal fan I can't even begin to explain the uphill battle we face each game from a group of refs who don't respect the way we play and believe we are too soft. This had led to four broken legs in four years (actually 5 if you count Fabregas') but nobody seems to care. It has also led to phantom red cards and penalties that we've had to overcome.

I'm sorry but one missed off-side call, cry me a river. At least you don't have players purposely going into tackles to hurt you or at least take you out. United have been handed preferential ref treatment for nearly a decade so it's hard for me to have any sympathy.

I agree it was a bad call, but you have to be able to overcome something like that if you want to be Champions. Even at 2-1 they were barely testing the keeper and looked so harmless that Rooney left the game with 4 minutes to go.
no!!!!!!!!! ManU lost.

no rooney.

You can't leave it up to the refs in any sport. They should have scored first, or scored to tie. They didn't and left it up to the refs, that's their fault. It was close enough that it wasn't a blatant miss and you can't expect the refs to be perfect all the time, it's just not practical.

Any complaints about the refs simply sounds like you're whining, and based on other comments you've made about other games I know you aren't. It simply sounds out of character.

As an Arsenal fan I can't even begin to explain the uphill battle we face each game from a group of refs who don't respect the way we play and believe we are too soft. This had led to four broken legs in four years (actually 5 if you count Fabregas') but nobody seems to care. It has also led to phantom red cards and penalties that we've had to overcome.

I'm sorry but one missed off-side call, cry me a river. At least you don't have players purposely going into tackles to hurt you or at least take you out. United have been handed preferential ref treatment for nearly a decade so it's hard for me to have any sympathy.

I agree it was a bad call, but you have to be able to overcome something like that if you want to be Champions. Even at 2-1 they were barely testing the keeper and looked so harmless that Rooney left the game with 4 minutes to go.

the macheda goal bounced off macheda's chest and into the goal. it didnt hit his hand.

• Shifty
  • Veteran
no!!!!!!!!! ManU lost.

no rooney.

I said it was a bad call (which it was) i said that considering the time of the game and the bad call resulting in it being 2-0, that it pretty much ended the game (which it did)

It just pisses me off when refs blow calls like this in such big games. I'm Irish and got to see my country be knocked out of the World Cup cause the refs blew their calls big time. (2 players offside and Henry handling it twice all in the move to set up the goal).

My main point is this:
I wouldn't even have a problem if Drogba was a fraction offside, the fact that he was so far offside and it was such an easy call is what bothers me.
no!!!!!!!!! ManU lost.

no rooney.

I said it was a bad call (which it was) i said that considering the time of the game and the bad call resulting in it being 2-0, that it pretty much ended the game (which it did)

It just pisses me off when refs blow calls like this in such big games. I'm Irish and got to see my country be knocked out of the World Cup cause the refs blew their calls big time. (2 players offside and Henry handling it twice all in the move to set up the goal).

My main point is this:
I wouldn't even have a problem if Drogba was a fraction offside, the fact that he was so far offside and it was such an easy call is what bothers me.

Fair enough, my main point is you can't leave the game up to the refs. If you want to win it go out and win it, don't depend on the refs' help.

• Shifty
  • Veteran
no!!!!!!!!! ManU lost.

no rooney.

My main point is this:

Fair enough, my main point is you can't leave the game up to the refs. If you want to win it go out and win it, don't depend on the refs' help.

I think we kind of agree with each other. I just hate losing games on calls that were so easy to make.
^^ Agreed. Arsenal almost lost a few games this year to horrible Penalty calls, instant replay needs to become a reality sooner rather than later.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
^^ Agreed. Arsenal almost lost a few games this year to horrible Penalty calls, instant replay needs to become a reality sooner rather than later.

Completely agree with you there. I think that penalties should be looked at again and questionable goals. Example: In the Chelsea vs United game. Joe Coles goal woould have no challenge while Drogba's and Macheda's would.
no!!!!!!!!! ManU lost.

no rooney.

My main point is this:

nobody was depending on the refs help, they were however depending on the ref to do his job.
The title is now Chelsea's to lose.
Share 49ersWebzone