10/03 @ California L
10/17 @ Notre Dame L
10/24 Oregon State L
10/31 @ Oregon L
11/07 @ Arizona State W
11/14 Stanford W
11/28 UCLA W
12/05 Arizona W

usc starts the season 2-6 then rattles of 4 straight wins to end the '09 campaign @ .500

GO IRISH!
GO CAL!
GO SPARTANS!

Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
2009 Schedule

9/05 San Jose State L
9/12 @ Ohio State L
9/19 @ Washington W
9/26 Washington State W
10/03 @ California L
10/17 @ Notre Dame L
10/24 Oregon State L
10/31 @ Oregon L
11/07 @ Arizona State W
11/14 Stanford W
11/28 UCLA W
12/05 Arizona W

usc starts the season 2-6 then rattles of 4 straight wins to end the '09 campaign @ .500

GO IRISH!
GO CAL!
GO SPARTANS!

I want whatever you're on!
way to schedule those powerhouses SC.. how many games did the first 3 opponents outside of ohio state win last year?

san jose state
washington
washington state
Originally posted by bigfan:
way to schedule those powerhouses SC.. how many games did the first 3 opponents outside of ohio state win last year?

san jose state
washington
washington state

really? Those 2 teams are in the PAC-10....they have to play them, its not a choice.
Originally posted by bigfan:

san jose state
washington
washington state

UW and WSU are in the Pac-10, so we play them every year, regardless of how good they are. SC has been by far the best of the elite teams in terms of scheduling tough OOC games.
Going to miss the game tomorrow, as I will be on a plane East. Kind of pissed off about it, but what can you do?

Should be the only one I miss all season - my guess is SC comes out really shaky (Barkley's gonna have the jitters) and plays down to SJSU's level for a half. We pull away in the second half and win by 17.
4th and long = 1st DOWN!

They have awaken the beast. Matt needs to get comfortable throwing the ball n be ready for Ohio St.
  • dman
  • Veteran
I turned off the game when it was 0-3

Now...

Good win! Running game was rolling. That should really be our bread and butter this year, what with the (probably) top O-line in the country and our disgusting backfield of four or five All-American RBs.

Barkley was controlled, not spectacular, but he didn't make mistakes and seemed to really get going. I'm happy.

Originally posted by nipplehead:
Good win! Running game was rolling. That should really be our bread and butter this year, what with the (probably) top O-line in the country and our disgusting backfield of four or five All-American RBs.

Barkley was controlled, not spectacular, but he didn't make mistakes and seemed to really get going. I'm happy.

The broadcasters were saying they are probably going to play 5 or 6 RBs a game. thats crazy.I really hoped that they would settle on 3 guys and rotate them. MAybe McKnight,Johnson, and Gable. that way these guys can get intoa better rhthym running. I think they played it conservative on purpose today. They really didnt want to show OSU what Barkeley can do well and not so well. I believe there is probably going to be alot of running and playaction against OSU though. The front 7 is really gonna be tested with Pryor back there.
Originally posted by E-49er:
Originally posted by nipplehead:

The broadcasters were saying they are probably going to play 5 or 6 RBs a game. thats crazy.I really hoped that they would settle on 3 guys and rotate them. MAybe McKnight,Johnson, and Gable. that way these guys can get intoa better rhthym running. I think they played it conservative on purpose today. They really didnt want to show OSU what Barkeley can do well and not so well. I believe there is probably going to be alot of running and playaction against OSU though. The front 7 is really gonna be tested with Pryor back there.

Speaking of your RBs-- How the hell did Tyler run out of gas on that long one? It wasn't like that was his 25th carry, or anything. Makes me glad he didn't follow his HS teammate (Clausen) to South Bend.
2009 Schedule

9/05 San Jose State L (correction W 56-3)
9/12 @ Ohio State L
9/19 @ Washington W
9/26 Washington State W
10/03 @ California L
10/17 @ Notre Dame L
10/24 Oregon State L
10/31 @ Oregon L
11/07 @ Arizona State W
11/14 Stanford W
11/28 UCLA W
12/05 Arizona W

GO IRISH!
GO CAL!
GO SPARTANS!

U GOT THE GAME WRONG FOO!!!

SC ALL OVER THAT A$$!!!!

next week same thing for the Buckeyes a BEATDOWN!!!

GO TROJANS!!!!!

[ Edited by Tru2RedNGold25 on Sep 5, 2009 at 20:33:31 ]
4th and long = 1st DOWN!

Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
2009 Schedule

9/05 San Jose State L (correction W 56-3)
9/12 @ Ohio State L
9/19 @ Washington W
9/26 Washington State W
10/03 @ California L
10/17 @ Notre Dame L
10/24 Oregon State L
10/31 @ Oregon L
11/07 @ Arizona State W
11/14 Stanford W
11/28 UCLA W
12/05 Arizona W

GO IRISH!
GO CAL!
GO SPARTANS!

U GOT THE GAME WRONG FOO!!!

SC ALL OVER THAT A$$!!!!

next week same thing for the Buckeyes a BEATDOWN!!!

GO TROJANS!!!!!

Did I expect San Jose to win? Hardly.

Was I happy they converted on 4th down, when I posted that other time... certainly.

So save your child-like exuberance for a meaningful opponent.

Oh, yeah... am I happy I won a good chunk of dough knowing it'd be an ass whoppin'?

SJSU/USC Over 47

Share 49ersWebzone